Throwing Spear is a partial consequence weapon that will become the default weapon if the creature is an omnivore in the Tribal stage. Pressing the "Spears" weapon button on the bottom will make all selected spear wielders charge forward and deal damage to whatever caught in their way.
Each thrown spear deals 10 damage, melee strike from a spear deals 6-7 damage.
- It is an extremely useful weapon, as you can kill many creatures before they even touch you, and is a great alternative to Stone Axes.
- It is one of the best weapons for hunting as 5 tribes members (7 in Hard difficulty) can instantly kill any wild non-epic creature.
- It is not recommended to fight wild animal nests with lots of babies using spears because some babies can accidentally be killed in the fight and the species will become hostile.
- Due to its ranged capabilities, the Throwing Spear is probably the best weapon to fight epics in tribal stage.
- They can be considered the most advanced tribal weapon as the spearhead is made of metal.
- A thrown spear never misses. Even if the spear misses the target at first, it will still deal damage after hitting the ground, and the target creature will have a tripped animation. However, there are two cases where a thrown spear deals no damage upon hit:
- The spear hits a baby in a tribe (melee strikes from spear still do damage).
- The spear hits the main hut or a tool shack in a tribe.