The Ghost Files glitch has happened to me for the THIRD time, and it's getting frustrating as I don't know what causes it. I don't have a lot of documentation on it, but since I've lost nearly everything I'm going to be trying whatever I can think of and posting if it does anything.
- In Sporepedia, "My Creations" is listed at 87, but only 5 creations appear. 4 of these are from the last 24 hours.
- In my case, only one file has survived the Ghost Files glitch 3 times, and it's a music file. Not sure what the properties of this file are that let it survive.
- All of my files are still in the "My Spore Creations" folder.
- I'm not using any mods. I do not have any expansion packs (base game only).
What I've tried:
- Copying all of the files out of the creations folder and pasting them back in, both with the game open and closed. (did not work)
- Sending one of the ghost files to a friend to see if it will work in their game (DID work. This friend saved the file in a different folder from the one where spore creatures go, and then dragged the file into the game window. so these files DO work when shared with other people.)
- Tried dragging the ghost files into Spore from another folder with an editor open (did NOT work, error "creation cannot be loaded")
What could cause it:
- I used to have another version of Spore on my computer. So launching the game irregularly or from a different installation could cause the error.
- I'm using the Steam version of Spore.
Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I could try? This bug is supposedly rare but for me it is frequent and makes the game pretty much unfun and unplayable.