This article requires cleanup for quality standards and clarity. Feel free to help out!
Test Drive is a mode in the Spore creature editor that allows the player to see the creature's mechanics come to life. It can be tested how it walks, jumps, and does different actions in stages (like some are from creature stage).
There is 4 main backgrounds in Creature Creator.
- A grassy plain. (default)
- A volcanic fortress.
- An alien colony on a planet of eyeballs, similar to colonist outfitter.
- Plain black screen. (Taking pictures with this screen either gives you the black screen, or a pre-cutout of your creature)
The Creepy and Cute Parts Pack includes:
- A mushroom-filled silly and peaceful wonderland. (Cute)
- Ruins of a city in smoke and ash. (Creepy)
They only have the signature outfitting and the black screen for backgrounds.
Clicking on one of the eggs spawns a baby. You can have 3 babies at once. They will mimic your actions.
Take Pictures Edit
Clicking on the "camera" button or pressing C key will screenshots the creature, this will add to the "Picture Viewer" and they can be sent to the email
Make video Edit
Clicking on the "Cinema" icon or pressing V key will record of the creature. Upon ending the video, YouTube Upload will pops up and gives option to sent the video to the YouTube.
Capture Animated Avatar Edit
Screenshots the creature
Control Keys Edit
- WASD, Q/E, Arrow keys, Mouse: Manipulates creature's movement.
- Space key: Makes a small hop.
Simple Movement Edit
- Spin: Jumps, spins in the midair and lands.
- Roar: Roars loudly.
- Flip: Jumps and flips backwards, recoiling arms after landing.
- Call: A mating call.
- Sit: Squats and looks at surroundings.
- Punch: Punches with right hand if it has graspers, otherwise headbutts.
- The Point: Taps foot and points forward occasionally.
- Hippity Hop: Bobs up and down while spinning.
- Walk N Place: Steps to the beat while pointing everywhere.
- The Stomp: Stomps in place while looking up and down. Same as Lvl.3 dance.
- Hot Foot: Hops from one foot to another.
- Raver Punch: Bobs up and down and repeatedly punches forward.
- Ta-Dah: Spin-jumps and points, while saying "Ta-da!:
- Hey: Stretches arms out peacefully with calm expression.
- Cutie: Bounces a bit, then waves to you.
- Flex: Leans forward and flexes biceps.
- Sumo: Tenses up, then raises foot and stomps down hard.
- Hey Baby: Tilts head, then points enthusiastically at the object in front of it.
- Happy: Smiles, then hops happily and nods head.
- Angry: Gets mad, hops angrily and gestures to stop whatever is agitating them.
- Sad: Gasps, becomes sad and looks down and sobs quietly.
- Laugh: Laughs hysterically, then takes deep breaths to get the laughs out.
- Scared: Becomes shocked, frantically looks around, then crouches and shudders while covering their eyes.
- Swoon: Sways side to side with hearts over their head, then shakes their head and becomes alert again.
Cute: Actions Edit
- Bounce: Bounces twice on their rear.
- Dizzy: Spins around with arms streched out, then becomes dizzy and sways around.
- Gymnastics: Flips backwards then forwards.
- Flirt: Turns around, shakes their bottom and then nods.
- Sneeze: Becomes sniffly, sneezes, and shakes around head.
- Sing: Sings while dancing around.
Cute: Dances Edit
- Robot Dance: Performs typical robot dance.
- Space Walk: Performs the moonwalk.
- Hoedown: Performs the dance with same animation of Dance Level 5, farm-like music in the background.
- Ballet: Hops from foot to foot, stands on one foot, collapses, gets up, then looks around and laughs.
- Back Spin: Spins around in circles on its back then stands up.
- Flowers: Hops in circles and throws flowers.
Creepy: Actions Edit
- Sicken: Your creature vomits on the ground.
- Lightning: Gets struck by lightning, after it stops, collapses momentarily, playing dead, gets up
- Stalk: Patrols right and left, making sounds, shakes its head angrily, and then
- Zombie Walk: Performs the typical zombie walk.
- Charge: Your creature walks forward, then roars.
- Bees: Your creature is attacked by a swarm of bees. It runs in terror. Similar to a creature getting attacked by the Summon Swarm ability.
- Howl: Plays wolf howling animation and sound, with gothic music.
- Twitch: The creature shakes its head with closed eyes, and then eye gets bigger while the other one blinks and shakes its head slightly.
- Banshee Scream: Your creature roars a few times with a small charge.
- Evil Laugh: Laughs in typical villain-like style. Scary music in background.
- Super Stomp: Your creature backs up, then runs forward, jumps, and lands with a blast of dirt.
- Blast: Your creature is launched backward.
Patch 1.03: Movements Edit
- Walk: Walks in place.
- Run: Runs in place like the Sprint ability.
- Look at me: Whistle sound in background, then creature turns to the right position of the player's camera.
- The Test Drive mode can be updated with Patch 1.03, Creepy and Cute parts pack, and Spore Galactic Adventures Expansion Pack.
- Test Drive is available in all types of creature editor.
- Creatures in Creature Stage or Adventures do a "battle cry" like when done after killing the creature.
- Similar to a creature getting attacked by the Summon Swarm ability.
- Sometimes, one of the spawned babies is slow and does it a few seconds afterwards.
- In the Creepy and Cute Animation Section, if you press the bee/swarm button in Test Drive with all babies activated, for five minutes, your screen will turn black, after 7 minutes, Spore shall crash.
- If you save in the volcanic background, your creature's Sporepedia card will be a bit more orangish, but if you view them they are the normal color.
- Your creature cannot use the "Roar" animation if it does not have a mouth. Strangely enough, however, you can seem to do a mating call action even if the following creature is mouthless, while in the Creature Stage it's incapable of calling for a mate.
- The Creepy & Cute animation "Flowers" was burrowed from Tribal Stage, if your creature isn't the one carrying the gift, it throws flowers instead.