Spore Creepy & Cute (or abbreviated to C&C) is the first parts expansion pack for Spore released on the 18th of November 2008. It adds content to the Creature Creator including paints, parts and backgrounds. The full Spore game is not required, as it adds no new features to the gameplay, however, it does require the Spore Creature Creator and patch 1.02. It is available for Mac and PC.
- 60 creature parts.
- 2 test drive backgrounds (one that looks like a "dreamland" and one that looks like an apocalyptic city after a massive war).
- 48 new paint scripts (12 base layers, 12 coat layers, 12 detail layers, and 12 complete styles).
- 24 new preview animations.
System Requirements (PC)
- Windows XP till 10.
- 2.0 GHz Intel Pentium® 4 or equivalent.
- 512 MB RAM (768 MB RAM for Vista/ 7).
- 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0.
- The latest version of DirectX 9.0c.
- 150 MB free space plus additional temporary space during installation.
- Requires SPORE or the full version of SPORE Creature Creator to play.
- The new mouths make sounds that already are present in the original creature editor. For example, The Creepy carnivore mouths sound like the reptile mouths, the Goofy omnivorous mouths sound like the herbivorous mammalian mouths and the Cute herbivores mouths sound like Amphibian mouths.
- When you have this expansion installed and are playing the Creature Stage, if you have unlocked the parts and go into the editor, you can change your creature's diet, because you can unlock all of the Creepy and Cute mouths, no matter what your base diet was. However, this will only happen if the saved game was saved before the expansion was downloaded.
- The mascots of Creepy and Cute are Skratcher and Skoog.
- The Exoskeleton Limbs patch was actually a teaser for Creepy & Cute.
- Many Creepy & Cute parts closely resemble core Spore parts, particularly the eyes, such as Soulless and Felizard, both with vertical slit pupils.
- The mouths are related to various animal mouths, such as Masticator is a hammerhead shark, Tuskloosa is a walrus, Bucky Buckerson is a rodent (that of squirrels in particular), and Beefteef is a dragon.
- Peppergrabber is somehow related to the hands the characters from the children's program Mr.Moon use.
- Starfoot and Sassyquatch are related somehow because they both have Level 5 sneak (e.g. Heeltoe and Homobriend, Skeletoes and Palmwalker)
- The Creepy Parts usually bear resemblance to a horror movie monster of some sort.
- Creepy and Cute eyes can be made larger or smaller than core Spore eyes. This is probably so you can add bigger eyes to make a creature look cuter, or smaller, beady eyes to make it look creepier.
- Macobbjaw is the only mouth that has a forked tongue.
- In the box art, A creature in the Spore Glyphics has a creepy and cute version of itself.