Maas make their first appearance in the beginning of Level 5 as a predator-sized cell, and soon become weak and slow peer-sized cells. Its uncommon feature is the fact that it lays eggs, which soon hatch into Juniors. Maa also drops eggs when it dies and bursts, which is slightly weird.
- Maa is as weak as a Minno, but the Juniors that may be found near it are not.
- Maa resembles closely to Trooba creatures.
- They make a wailing sound when hurt.
- Maa is the only opposing cell that can lay eggs.
- Maa is the largest herbivorous cell in Spore, aside from the player's cell.