It simulates an environment with predators, prey, shelter, and vegetation. This prototype features an improved terrain quality and focus on gameplay. There are 9 species in this prototype; player's, two carnivores, and six herbivores. The player can level up by mating after eating enough and killing two creatures.
"GonzagoGL is an OpenGL-based prototype of the Spore Creature game.
Similar to SPUG, it places the player in an environment with predators, prey, shelter and vegetation. GonzagoGL advances the SPUG model to include higher quality terrain and a greater emphasis on gameplay.
Other Spore Prototypes Edit
- When ever the player attacked, there will be noise of the "d'oh!" sound, like Homer Simpson (a character in the TV series The Simpsons) makes.
- There are also scripts for the tribe, city, and civilization stages. These stages can be restored by -spacemode, -civmode, -citymode and -tribemode. Space stage gamemode seems to be not working, but other gamemodes work pretty well.
- Interestingly, there are models for the Aquatic Stage hidden in the game's folders.
- GonzagoGL was the final gameplay prototype developed for Spore.
- Downloadable at Spore.com