- This article is about Spore's appearance in the 2005 and 2006 Game Developers Conferences
Will Wright gave a presentation at the 2005 Game Developers Conference that included a demo of Spore (which focused on the technology of the game). A video of this presentation was released on GDC's site, and is currently the best source of information for the community on the game.
- Download the Full Video of the presentation (360 MB) #2 (Please do not direct link this file)
- Download the Full Video of the presentation (360 MB) #1 (Filecloud)
- GDC 2005 Session Gallery (registration required, real information not)
- The GoogleVideo condensed gameplay video
- The GoogleVideo complete presentation (Same as #1 and #2, but no registration required.)
- Gaming Steve's Pictures and Podcast from the GDC
- A collection of images, mainly from the Spore demo
- Slides, some of which are from the GDC
- Outline of Will's speech
"What's Next in Game Design" - Free 5-minute preview of Will Wright's Game Design Keynote, GDCTV.net
"GDC: Wright Shares Passion for Research, Insight into Spore" by James Brightman, GameDaily BIZ, March 24, 2006
"GDC 06: Will Wright and Spore" by Dan Adams (IGN), March 24, 2006
"Spore Creator Packs Them In" by Sherri, Igniq, March 24, 2006
"He's Still Will Wright." by Jane Pinckard, Game Girl Advance, March 23, 2006, 02:20 PM
"Will Wright Keynote" by Nabil Maynard, Wandering Ways, March 23rd, 2006, 5:15 pm
"GDC 06: Liveblogging Will Wright" Kotaku, The Gamers' Guide, March 23rd, 2006
PowerPoint Presentations Edit
- Caryl Shaw's presentation "Building Community Around Pollinated Content in Spore"
- Eric Todd's presentation "Spore: Preproduction Through Prototyping"