Republic One, the official starship of the President of the New Cyrannian Republic dropped out of hyperspace in orbit over the Rambo Capital. At once two Delphator-Class flanked the smaller Republic vessel and provided an escort to pass through the debris field of the former moons safely. From the window of the liner, President Nexarón Valkistair looked out at the destruction, a saddened expression on his face.
- Nexarón Valkistair: "Such destruction. So many dead."
Escorted by the Delphator-class starships, Republic One sank beneath the gleaming blue atmosphere of the Rambo Capital before finally touching down at Tirithsilliana. Welcoming the Republic president at the landing plattform were Empress Ramashe, flanked by Lord Rambarth, Rambo Chancellor Fleur Inviere and Marscalcus Kya. Nexarón Valkistair approached the Empress, bowed his head in respect and held out his hand.
- Nexarón Valkistair: "What a pleasure it is to meet you, Empress Ramashe. My name is Nexarón Valkistair, newly elected President of the Republic."
Ramashe held out her hand as well and shook hands.
- Ramashe: "Welcome to Rambo Nation President Nexarón Valkistair! It is an honor to welcome thy to our planet!"
The other Rambo delegates bowed their heads in respect as well, while the Royal Guard heralded the coming of the Republic President by sounding the horns.
- Nexarón Valkistair: "Allow me to begin my expressing my deep condolences to your people in the aftermath of the recent attack. To think, so many dead and so many of the most cherished Rambo institutions changed forever."
- Ramashe: "Thank you for your compassion mr. president. It are troubled times though the Rambo will endure!"
Nexarón Valkistair, Ramashe and her escort entered the Royal Palace to conduct their meeting, to discuss all maters of importance. Nexarón Valkistair was the first to begin.
- Nexarón Valkistair: "If you are willing to accept, I would be happy to send a flotilla of hospital vessels, reconstruction drones and some escort frigates to help our Rambo friends recover from this disaster."
The delegates of Rambo Nation nodded in agreement and complimented the president on this generous gesture. Ramashe raised her glass of wine as a gesture of thanks and grattitude.
- Nexarón Valkistair: "It is my sincere hope that the alliance between the Republic and Rambo Nation will once again grow to the heights it did during the days of the Intergalactic War, the Second Galactic War and the Great War, when we were forced to stand alongside one another as brothers and sisters against overwhelming threats. I fear, we face another today."
- Ramashe': "Rest assured, I will do anything within my power to increase our faith in the alliance with the Republic. Though of what threat to you speak? I did not believe the Hutter Kingdom was troubling the Republic."
Nexarón Valkistair shifted uncomfortably in his seat. He was aware that many in Rambo Nation believed that the Empire was a positive force in the Quadrant Galaxies, though he firmly believed that the Empire was a tyrannical regime which never aided the Rambo in their hours of need.
- Nexarón Valkistair: "I speak of those who destroyed the United Republic of Cyrannus, those who killed millions in their quest for power over the Cluster, those who violated your space and your sovereignty and placed you under an unlawful Concordat."
With the words being said, the entire room fell silent and many looked uncomfortable, including the Empress.
- Ramashe: "The atrocities commited by the Empire against your people are terrible, though against us they remain polite and we still fall under their enforced Concordat. I will not risk the safety of my people to risk a conflict with the Empire while the Hutter are endangering our borders. I will hear no more of it."
Suddenly music entered the hall and various performers entered the stage, entertaining those present. During the festivities Rambarth approached the president and asked him to follow him to a balcony outside. Though annoyed by Ramashe's earlier words, Nexarón Valkistair nodded and followed Rambarth onto the balcony, overlooking the city below.
- Rambarth: "Mr. President, I want to apologize for my niece her behavior. She is a great Empress, though this Concordat troubles her greatly. Ever met the Emperor, he does that when his poisonous words leave his accurssed mouth. For the time being, the Rambo play alone ser. But I can assure you, behind the curtains I and some associates want nothing more than this strangling Concordat being lifted. Though active military intervention might not be the right time yet, I can use my influance and position to provide intelligence to the Republic."
Nexarón Valkistair smiled.
- Nexarón Valkistair: "I have a feeling you and I will get along just fine, Lord Rambarth. While it is true that the Republic is also not in a fit state for military intervention against the Empire, the time approaches soon when they will no longer be able to throw their weight around. Your offer is a welcome one, though we should be cautious."
Rambarth nodded in agreement and raised his glass to toast on their new cooperation. He knew this Nexarón Valkistair was against the Empire, and the Rambo could benefit from it now that Inquisitor Chodecra was Hand no longer. It was time to unseath the sword of Rambo, and point it at the Empire!