This page will show the demographics of the Nivenian Empire once it is finished, by ring, planet, habitat, or wherever else citizens may be floating about. Right now, though, it is under construction.
Currently, the Nivenian Empire only controls one system, Nivenia.
Census data used: Ianuaria 1, 23 NE
Guide to terminology Edit
Here, the terminology used in the table below will be discussed.
Habitat types Edit
Here is a list of the abbreviations of types of habitats used in the table, their meaning, and the type of colonization they support.
- HGP - Habitable planet, T2 or T3 planet with the right gravity; domed cities and arcologies are used for habitation.
- EU - Ecumenopolis, planet-wide city that has completely replaced the natural ecosystem, usually used in the context of a planet that uses so much energy that a heat pump-radiator system is necessary.
- CGP - Colonized T0 or T1 planet with the right gravity; domed cities used for habitation.
- CP - Colonized T0 or T1 planet without the right gravity, usually parabolic underground rotating habitats are used for habitation.
- GGA - Gas giant with the right gravity; aerostats used for habitation.
- ONC - O'Neill cylinder conglomeration (usually a station)
- DONC - Detached O'Neill cylinder conglomeration (usually a swarm of some kind)
- AONC - O'Neill cylinder conglomeration attached to an asteroid, comet, or moon
- AONC2 - When the body in question is 100-1000 km wide
- AONC1 - When the body in question is 10-100 km wide
- AONC0 - When the body in question is 1-10 km wide
- When the body in question is less than a kilometer wide, the habitat is classified as ONC.
- Note: With the AONC types, typically many such objects band together. This is denoted by specifying the largest size range and appending a -C (Coalition) to the end of the name. Ex. AONC2-C
- R - Ringworld
- R6 - Ringworld of over one million earth areas
- R5 - Ringworld of one hundred thousand to one million earth areas
- R4 - Ringworld of ten thousand to one hundred thousand earth areas
- R3 - Ringworld of one thousand to ten thousand earth areas
- R2 - Ringworld of one hundred to one thousand earth areas
- Note: Particularly with the smaller ringworlds, many such objects can band together to form a single census zone. This is also abbreviated by adding a -C (Coalition) to the end of the name. Ex. R2-C
Legal Status Edit
Here are the potential legal statuses of Nivenian Census zones:
- Imperial Capital - Capital of the Nivenia Empire
- Province - Has a local coordinator, must have population of greater than half a quadrillion as a requirement.
- Colonial Province - Does not have a local coordinator (It still has a colonial governor, but this Nivenian does not get to make a personal statement to the Chief Executive Coordinator every week. Has a population of less than half a quadrillion and produces raw materials.
- Major Station - Space stations with over 5 trillion inhabitants are treated as full Colonial Provinces, with only minor political interference from their parent body (if it is colonized).
- Minor Station - Space stations with less than 5 trillion but over twenty billion inhabitants are treated as Colonial Provinces, but generally more political intervention from the government of the parent body is tolerated
- Note - Stations with less than twenty billion inhabitants are considered part of their parent body's jurisdiction.
Demographic Data Edit
|Habitat or Object||Population (Trillion)||Main exports||Habitat type||Legal status||Other information|
|Nivenia Prime||15,394.144||Electronics, shields, law||EU||Imperial Capital||Nivenian Homeworld|
|Nivenia B ringworld coalition||6458.673||Food||R2-C||Province|
|Nivenia Secondus||1,937.012||poly(p-phenylene-2,6-benzobisoxazole), hydrogen||GGA||Province|
|Nivenia A6 Planet swarm||1,347.003||Isolationist||AONC2-C||Province||Abnormal Elections|
|Nivenia B3||1,044.922||Ships, poly(p-phenylene-2,6-benzobisoxazole)||GGA||Province|
|Nivenia B5.1||508.431||Palladium, platinum, industrial equipment||CP||Province|
|Nivenia A6.1||71.961||Manufactured items, pink spice||CP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A12||41.886||Methane, calcium, magnesium||CGP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A12.1||37.891||Aluminium||CGP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia B4||17.449||Sodium, potassium||CGP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A11||14.472||Ammonia, water||CGP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A2||13.127||Iron, gold, actinides||CP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A3||12.018||Titanium, CANI-TI alloy||CP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia Prime Station||14.166||Shipping hub, fuel depot||ONC||Major Station|
|Nivenia A Starbase||12.094||Creates and maintains ringworld plates from raw materials, radio relay||ONC||Major Station|
|Nivenia Secondus Station||11.672||Shipping hub, fuel depot||ONC||Major Station|
|Nivenia B Starbase||9.566||Shipping hub, fuel depot, transmission radio relay||ONC||Major Station|
|Nivenia B3 Station||9.233||Shipping hub, fuel depot||ONC||Major Station|
|Nivenia A12 midpoint station||7.609||Shipping hub, fuel depot||ONC||Major Station|
|Nivenia A6.1 L1 station||6.928||Shipping hub, fuel depot, radio relay||ONC||Major Station|
|Nivenia A10||5.749||Ammonia, water||CP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia B4 station||4.203||Shipping hub, fuel depot||ONC||Minor Station|
|Nivenia A11 station||3.546||Shipping hub, fuel depot||ONC||Minor Station|
|Nivenia A8.1||3.170||Magnesium, aluminum, silicon||CP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A9||2.072||Magnesium, strontium, platinum||CP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A7.2||1.302||Aluminum||CP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A7.1||1.234||Aluminum||CP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A10.1||1.045||Methane, Hydrocarbons||CP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A11.1||0.368||Warehouse space, Aluminum||CP||Colonial Province|
|Nivenia A11.2||0.321||Ammonia, Water||CP||Colonial Province|