| Dark Times is a Featured Article
"Dark Times" has been featured, meaning it was deemed an article of interest by the Community.
“My plan is far from complete.”
As the Galactic Empire of Cyrannus's growth began to slow down and stabilise, the three year old hyperpower has been established as one of the largest and most powerful civilisations in the Gigaquadrant. However, as the Empire grows so does its enemies with the Confederacy of Free Planets and it's allies declaring war in the Outer Rim while problems only increase for the Rambo Imperial Province in the Quadrant Galaxies. However, the Empire's victory over the Republic Remnant at the end of the last year spelt an end to one of Cyrannus' greatest hopes against the Empire. Despite this, Apollo's story is far from over.
Meanwhile, the newly reformed Neraida Gigamatrix begins to emerge as a relentless superpower in its own right with it's evil eyes set on the Cognatus Empire and it's new leader while the Bisistar continue their snooping into the smaller nations of the Cyranai Galaxy. The new year is sure to bring many surprises to the inhabitants of the Cluster, which is once again plunged into conflict...
- Cyrannian - Administrator
- OluapPlayer - Administrator
- Dinoman82 - Administrator
- Hunt for the Zevian Skull
- Carindes Campaign
- Antiquity Pursual
- Cyranai Civil War
- Beacon Failing
- Criminal Affairs
- Cyrandia Conference
- Bastnliues Intrigue
- Secrets of the Collective
Once in orbit over Shaorá, Apollo was brought aboard the Venator-class Star Destroyer, Allecto. He was escorted by a group of Imperial troopers to the detention area, where he remained while the ship jumped into hyperspace. After a while, the Allecto arrived over Orbispira and preceded to dock at a Suiliagothrond Battlestation in orbit. Apollo was escorted to an Imperial Shuttle and brought down to the surface of the planet. Despite the Empire's power grab, Orbispira remained much the same, though many of it's endless spires were now adorned with the Imperial Flag while statues of Tyrómairon lined many famous avenues.
Apollo, with guards in toe, was brought to the office tower belonging to Tereyn Aeresius, the Potentate of the Empire. When Apollo arrived, he was surprised that Aeresius ordered the guards to leave them alone. Apollo initally believed that he was sent to the galactic capital in order to be publicly executed, though Aeresius assured him that both Apollo and his followers were now free, so long as they didn't do anything to provoke the Empire's wrath. Apollo was confused, though he accepted the Potentate's decree.
As he left the office, both Apollo and Aeresius smiled to themselves, each having ulterior motives. Apollo then travelled to his homeworld of Capricaerón, where he met with his family who were sent there by the Empire. However, the former President didn't intend on staying long...
Apollo is led out of an Imperial Shuttle by a group of guards, who guide him toward a large spire, the main office of the Potentate of the Empire. He steps onto an elevator and is brought to a huge chamber decorated with statues and paintings from all across the Gigaquadrant. A lone figure stands at the end of the Chamber, looking out over the endless city scape. He is Potenate Aeresius.
- Aeresius - Guards. Leave us.
The guards enter the elevator, leaving Aeresius alone with Apollo.
- Aeresius - Welcome back to Orbispira, Apollo.
- Apollo - Hmph. Why have you summoned me here? Do you plan on publicly executing me?
- Aeresius - Dear boy, of course not. I will get straight to the point. The Empire has bigger things on it's mind than your band of outcasts.
- Apollo - You plan on letting us go? I don't know why you are negotiating with me. I'm no longer their leader.
- Aeresius - Yes, well. The Emperor doesn't see it that way.
- Apollo - So, what do you plan to do?
- Aeresius - Nothing. You are free to do what you wish. With one condition.
- Apollo - I think I can guess...
- Aeresius - I would ask you not to conduct any anti-Imperial activities. If you do, we will not be so forgiving. Do you understand.
Apollo thought about for a moment.
- Apollo - Hmph. Very well.
- Aeresius - Good. Now, you will board a transport to Capricaerón City. Behave yourself.
Apollo turned to leave the room. He stopped for a moment.
- Apollo - Don't I always?
He leaves the room.
After being struck by the Licent's translocational laser at the end of the last year, Moranonúngur was transported directly to Tyrómairon's Throne Room on Orbispira. The Emperor knew of his follower's failure and reacted very negatively when he claimed that the AI that ousted him was Oikoumene in origin. Tyrómairon punished his acolyte by subjecting him to torrents of lightning, but relented when Moranonúngur claimed that the AI was known as the Licent.
Tyrómairon appeared to be very surprised with this revelation and made a reference to an ancient enemy from the past. Moranonúngur recovered from his injuries and asked his master what it meant for the Mornûnendur and their plans. Tyrómairon simply stated that Moranonúngur was exonerated and with a wave of his hand, his acolyte vanished, leaving the Emperor to contemplate his next move.
Moranonúngur suddenly appears before Tyrómairon in a bright flash of light. He sinks into a forced bow, clutching his heart. He is still seriously injured after his encounter with the Licent. Tyrómairon turns around, appearing surprised.
- Tyrómairon - Moranonúngur. You survived. I am most impressed.
Moranonúngur pants, but manages to stand up straight.
- Moranonúngur - I had no choice but to flee, master. The Oikoumene AI was too strong.
- Tyrómairon - An "Oikoumene AI"? You are a fool who has compromised your mission!
Tyrómairon lifts up his hand, and telekinetically pushes Moranonúngur to the far side of the Throne Room, where he slams against the opposite wall.
- Moranonúngur - Please... please have mercy!
- Tyrómairon - There is no mercy.
Before Moranonúngur can recover, Tyrómairon pulls his acolyte toward him and shoots blindingly hot lightning out of his fingers, torturing Moranonúngur with agonising pain. After five seconds of what seemed like an eternity for Moranonúngur, Tyrómairon relinquishes.
- Moranonúngur - Master... I searched it's... mind. It's called the... Licent.
Tyrómairon's eyes widen.
- Tyrómairon - The Licent... That means that... he can retur-
Moranonúngur gathers himself and bows.
- Moranonúngur - What does this mean, master?
- Tyrómairon - Be silent. You have been exonerated.
Tyrómairon waves his hand and Moranonúngur vanishes, leaving the Emperor with much to think about.
Hail the AedileEdit
Geleriva had been called from Delsacria to visit the shipyards of Orsolmera some thirty light-years away. It was here, in orbit, that a new project was underway. Upon arrival she was guided around the docks by the foreman and was given a tour of one of the more complete versions of the cruiser.
She was impressed at how the newly-dubbed Aedile-class had combined both Cyrannian and Draconid design aspects. As she was guided to the bridge she had many questions, due ot her status the foreman was obliged to tell her what he could. Geleriva felt proud at the combination; chief of which was the Oligarchy's use of modular components and fittings, these new ships could last a thousand years and still compete gainst the most modern designs simply because every square inch was designed to be easily-replaceable.
After a few hours, Geleriva approached the foreeman and demanded for an increase in production in order to be ready for involvement with the Carindes campaign. Not wanting to dissapoint her, the foreman nodded. PLeased with the results however, she whispered to her aide about the possibility of other designs. Feeling confident that the design features she had brought over would revolutionise the Imperial war machine.
Gelariva arrived at the shipyards orbiting over Orsolmera, she is approached by the shipyard's foreman.
Foreman - Mandator! This is an unexpected surprise.
Geleriva - I am here on official state business. I gave your shipwrights a few plans, I sincerely hope they deliver!
Foreman - Yes magistrate. We have worked hard but, would you care to see the fruits of our labour?
Geleriva - Get on with it.
The foreman nodded and he led her through one of the mroe complete designs.
Foreman - ...Ceramic nanotube-tungsten alloy given regenerative qualities through in-house nanotechnology, fully modular component systems, redundant drive sytems, lateral thrusters, and my personal favourite: Gold trim on the bulkheads for that little touch of class. We call this project the "Aedile".
Geleriva - Very impressive. Very impressiv indeed, what did these cyrannians provide?
Foreman - Turbolasers, nano-alloyed framework, thruster designs and a wormhole drive.
Geleriva - You mean, this ship doesn't need stationary wormholes?
Foreman - A beautiful idea isn't it? Such designs would sell for a fortune on Dranvaman markets.
Geleriva - Yes yes, are you sure it is not too much of a drain?
Foreman - These Cyrannians are advanced, certainly, but we gave their technicians a little kick when it came to efficiency.
Geleriva - I commend your shipwrights foreman, I can see imperial tradition has rubbed off on you well.
Foreman - The best is yet to come, my lady.
The foreman guided Geleriva onto the bridge. Unlike most ships, this one was deep inside the ship. Her eyes widened, impressed with what she saw.
Foreman - I despised the way these imperials figured it was a good idea to--
He was grabbed by Geleriva's escort and forced up to her snout, she was rather unimpressed with his comment.
Geleriva - Watch your tongue on our hosts, foreman, or I shall redact your commendation, perhaps even your career!
Foreman - I'm sorry mandator! I was only pointing out how much of a flaw it was to build the command centre on a section seperate and exposed from the core of the ship.
Geleriva - Differrent ideals, different philosophies foreman. I hope that is all the disrespect you will dish out!
Foreman - Shipbuilding is an art... mandator. I was merely expressing my opinion!
Geleriva - Let him go.
The foreman fell to his knees and thanked Geleriva. He stood up afterwards and looked at the guards.
Geleriva - I have a request for you, foreman. I want you to upscale your production. We have an influx of eager new recruits, we need ships to contain them on.
Foreman - We are already focusing three-quarters of our capacity on this one project...
Geleriva - Then you have room for a little more building work. If you are so afraid of your workload I can always request other shipyards to do some work.
Foreman - That would be helpful but, please, leave this to me.
Geleriva nodded. Se paid her respect to the foreman and left the bridge, leaning to one of her aides as they went down the hall.
Geleriva - Keep a note, if this new ship class succeeds, then we may as well prepare to make other designs. Perhaps something even more intimidating than this.
Aide - I will keep note, mandator.
Glory for the Basileus Edit
Several months before the beginning of the Outer Rim War, Grand Mandator Tereyn Aeresius of the Core Worlds was appointed the Empire's first potentate by Emperor Tyrómairon himself. This act infuriated the former second in command of the Empire, Grand Mandator Tyranus of the Outer Rim to no small extent. Secretly, Tyranus plotted to end Aeresius' life and regain his lost power, however, he soon realised that such an act was not good enough. He wanted to be Galactic Emperor. And Tyrómairon was the only being standing in his way.
As the second week of the new year began, Tyranus began preparing for his coup d'état in a secret office deep in the reaches of Orbispira, away from Tyrómairon's spies. He summoned his ally, the demon Mar-Júun in the hope of enlisting his powerful demonic powers against the Emperor. Mar-Júun immediately agreed that the Basileus should be the masters of the galaxy but was unsure about what his master Shu'wokerama would think of the destruction of Tyrómairon. Tyranus convinced him that his master would surely reward him for destroying a potential rival. Ultimately, Mar-Júun agreed to help Tyranus overthrow the Emperor, proclaiming that the Basileus would finally reign supreme.
Tyranus sits in his hidden office in the low regions of the city. Mar-Júun enters his office and approaches Tyranus.
- Tyranus - Greetings, Mar-Júun.
- Mar-Júun - Greetings, Imperator. Have you summoned me?
- Tyranus - Yes. I notice that you refer to me as Imperator, rather than my Imperial title. I believe our people are at a crossroads.
- Mar-Júun - I'm sorry. I'm used to calling you by your Basileus title.
- Tyranus - Do not apologise. When I joined this Empire, I thought our people would finally be this galaxy's rulers. It appears I was wrong.
Tyranus stands up.
- Mar-Júun - Well, if you want my opinion, it looks like the Libertus scum are taking over. What's up with that Aeresius guy? Why did he take your place?
- Tyranus - Tyrómairon... has betrayed my trust. I want him removed from power. He is the one thing who stands in our way to glory!
- Mar-Júun - Are you saying...we should overthrow him?
- Tyranus - Yes. And I know I can bring other Mandators to my side. I am quite sure your master would reward you for ending a potential rival.
Mar-Júun looks surprised.
- Mar-Júun - ...You know of my master?
- Tyranus - I know you are allied with demons. I can guess your true affiliation.
- Mar-Júun - Well...this has become extremely awkward. But I assure you, I am still fully loyal to our race...And maybe you are right. Getting rid of Tyrómairon would surely please master Shu'owkerama.
- Tyranus - So, you are with me?
- Mar-Júun - I am.
- Tyranus - Good, my friend. In the coming weeks, I'll convince more to join my cause. Tyrómairon's reign will end soon enough...
- Mar-Júun - The Basileus will finally reign supreme, as they have been destined to!
Deep within the Quadrant Galaxies, the massive Dreadnought Executor hung in orbit over the Rambo Capital. Its commander, the fearsome Zillum began pacing the command platform before finally stopping. He scratched his chin for a moment and walked over to a holo-table. Typing some information into the holoscreen, an image of Éaltar Gauisa appeared.
Zillum greeted the infamous bounty hunter and told him that he needed somebody dead. Gausia accepted the bounty upon hearing that the credits rewarded for the successful elimination of the target were nothing of extreme, with Zillum having a great deal of money locked away in hidden vaults across Imperial space. As soon as Zillum pressed a tab on the holoscreen, details of the bounty appeared before Éaltar. The deadly assassin was momentarily shocked at who Zillum wanted dead, but agreed to carry it out.
Zillum is on the bridge of the Executor, overlooking the Rambo capital. He walks over to a holotable and contacts Éaltar Gauisa.
- Zillum - I am in need of your services, bounty hunter.
- Éaltar Gauisa - Well. Not often I have a Supreme Commander contacting me. What do you wish from me?
- Zillum - I need someone dead.
- Éaltar Gauisa - And who would that be?
- Zillum - Oh, I am sure you know of my target.
He presses a tab and the details are sent to Gauisa. Gauisa looked at his screen, scrathing his chin.
- Éaltar Gauisa - I see...It should be done quickly and easily, but a target like this requires a substantial bounty...
- Zillum - Credits are of no concern. You'll get your money when the job is done.
- Éaltar Gauisa - In that case, consider it done.
- Zillum - Good. I'll contact you when I hear that the target is neutralised.
Long Live the Republic Edit
A few days later, the Imperial Senate met to discuss the ongoing conflict with the Confederacy of Free Planets and the possibility of an open war against the Neraida Gigamatrix. After three hours of endless discussion, Senator Mer Mirea took to her platform, which floated in the centre of the chamber. Many of the senators watched intently while others, such as Guolivian rolled their eyes when the known Republic sympathiser took to the stage. Despite that the other senators agreed to limit speaking out against the Emperor, Mirea gave a rousing speech, criticising the Empire's policies and reiterating her support of the Republic.
Raen Magalen looked on with shock, Mirea had basically just outed herself as a rebel in front of the Imperial government. Mirea however, was clever and told the Senate that she was not a rebel and would use senatorial privilege to continue speaking out against the Emperor. Many of the senators were shocked, but none more so then Magalen, who confronted Mirea outside the Chamber when the session was completed. The senators discussed at great length about the future, with Magalen urging Mirea to go into hiding, knowing that the Empire would not accept such blatant criticism be heard.
To his surprise, Mirea agreed, though simply stated that the time for peace and discussion was over and that the Republic would rise again. Before leaving, she placed her hand on her heart and declared, "Long live the Republic". Smiling warmly, Magalen returned the gesture and wished her well.
Senator Mirea and Senator Magalen meet each other near a private senatorial landing pad. Magalen stops several metres behind his colleague.
- Magalen - Have you gone insane?! We agreed we wouldn't speak out against the Emperor until the time is right!
Mirea turned around, her eyes flaring.
- Mirea - That, Baloa, has led us nowhere. The time for discussion has past, and I shall not be apart of this despicable Empire any longer!
- Magalen - But think of your world! Do you think Cruandai will fare well against the Imperial Navy?
- Mirea - My people are of the same mind as myself. We have weapons and if the Empire refuses to acknowledge our sovereignty, we will not hesitate to use them.
- Magalen - Please, do not use violence yet. Go into hiding. Our movement is not ready to emerge yet.
Mirea contemplated her friend's words for a moment.
- Mirea - Alright, fine. I will try to find like-minded allies in the Outer Rim. Who knows? Perhaps the Republic we dream of will be realised sooner then we think.
Magalen approached Mirea and placed his hand on her soldier.
- Magalen - I wish you well my friend. Keep your eyes open.
Mirea smiled and walked away. For a moment she stopped, turned to face her friend and placed her hand on her heart.
- Mirea - Long live the Republic.
Magalen smiled and returned the gesture. As he watched Mirea's shuttle take off, bound for locations unknown, he muttered to himself.
- Magalen - Until we meet again.
The Licent's Decree Edit
Deep in Bisistar space, the greatest Tabornok (General) of the Dominion sat on his command chair on his flagship. Naticodoga was a military leader of the highest possible caliber and was primarily responsible for destroying species that failed to be fooled by the insidious infiltrations of the Bisistar. It was a quiet day for the Tabornok until a flashing display indicated that they were receiving a hologram from their new allies, the Cognatus Empire. Naticodoga pressed a key on his holoscreen and a hologram of Vos Adamae sprung up. Adamae was brief, insisting that the Tabornok join him on the Cognatus capital world of Cognalorilos. Naticodoga remembered his Queen's demand that any and all attempts to win favour from the Cognatus were paramount, and so he agreed to travel to Cognalorilos.
When Naticodoga arrived at the Cognatus Capital, he was escorted by a dozen Cogsangui guards to the Palace of the Gods, where Adamae was waiting outside. Adamae dismissed the guards and led Naticodoga into the Palace's throne room, where the new leader of the Cognatus awaited him. The Licent activated as soon as Adamae and Naticodoga entered the room, his single eye gleaming. The Tabornok was shocked that an Oikoumene AI now led the Cognatus, but listened nonetheless to the construct's decree. The Licent spoke of a being of great power that was exiled long ago. It ensured the duo that should this being awaken, it would mark a new age for Cognatus and Bisistar alike and ultimately spell the defeat of their great rivals deeper in the Cyrannian Core.
The Licent spoke for a further two hours and when Adamae and Naticodoga left the Palace, they had a feverous conviction to find the being lost long ago.
A New Acolyte Edit
After convincing Tytho to leave Arvaad company behind, Mezzadriel had translocated the two of them to the grounds of the Imperial Palace on Orbispira. Tytho was awestruck by the scale of the planet she was on and Mezzadriel directed her attention to the palace, telling her Tyrómairon was waiting at the very top. Tytho became nervous as they travelled towards an elevator to the top. She was nervous at the possibility that Tyrómairon might decide to turn her down, send her back to the life she rejected. Mezzadriel reassured her that he was waiting for her arrival and would not have sent her if he had not been impressed by her abilities.
When the elevator stopped, Tytho was guided to Tyrómairon's presence. He had his back to them when they entred, looking down into the city below. Both Tytho and Mezzadriel bowed in his prescence, he asked Tytho if she would renounce her old life in exchange for becoming one of the Apocolypta and, lothing her old life, she agreed. Upon agreeing, Tyrómairon instructed for Mezzadriel ot act as Tytho's mentor. This pleased the young Ryketian hybrid as Mezzadriel had been one of her closest companions. The Miluiel approached Tytho and, placing a finger on the girl's forhead, sent a rush of energy that signified her rebirth into one of Tyrómairon's acolytes.
With satisfaction, he told Tytho she no longer needed to feal fear and should no longer show mercy. He dismissed the two of them and they headed for the elevator.
Mezzadriel and Tytho arrived in the grounds of the Imperial Palace on Orbispira.
Mezzadriel - Welcome to Orbispira, my sister.
Tytho - It's....Its enormous....
Mezzadriel - It is but a symbol of Tyrómairon's majesty.
Tytho looked about the skyline with her jaw wide open.
Tytho - Well...it looks like there are more than plenty of hiding places
Mezzadriel smiled and pointed to the looming Imperial Palace.
Mezzadriel - That is our destination, my sister. The seat of Tyrómairon's power.
A cold flush ran down Tytho's spine, the tall tower reminded her a little of the large corporate offices in the cities she visited as a mercenary.
Tytho - At the top?
Mezzadriel - The very top. That is where Tyrómairon dwells.
Tytho gulped at the height of the tower, shuffling towards Mezzadriel.
Mezzadriel - Have no fear, sister. He is expecting us.
Tytho - Right. I-i'll stay close...
Mezzadriel and Tytho travel to the massive, opulent entrance to the Imperial Palace, its walls gleaming in the midday sun. Tytho was both impressed and frightened with the opulence of the palace. As they walked, she found herself huddling closer and closer to Mezzadriel. Mezzadriel placed her hand on Tytho's soldier and directed her to an elevator to the Imperial Throne Room.
Tytho - So...is this where I will be living now?
Mezzadriel - If you so wish. You shall be surrounded by those who love and respect you for who you are.
Tytho - I...feel like i'm dreaming. I'm going to wake up strapped to a lab table aren't i?
Mezzadriel - That life is over, sister. Things are only going to get better from now onwards.
Tytho - Well...You seem okay so far
While in the lift, the pressure got to Tytho and she hugged Mezzadriel's side tightly.
Mezzadriel - Do not fear my sister.
Tytho - What if he doesn't approve of me? S-sure i've met with powerful men before but back then I knew there was always another about. A-and I had my brothers from Arvaad with me...
Mezzadriel - I am with you now. And my master wouldn't have sent me to find you if he was not impressed.
Tytho - Then...I guess he's different from the others I have met.
Tytho lowered her head, resting it against Mezzadriel's thigh and she smiled a little. The elevator suddenly stopped and its doors opened onto the Imperial Throne Room. Tytho kept behind Mezzadriel. She kept close, a little intimidated by the sheer scale of the room. Mezzadriel walked purposefully toward a tall, dark figure standing at the far side of the room. The figure had his back turned as he looked out onto the cityscape below. When Mezzadriel came close enough, she bowed and indicated to Tytho to do the same. She bowed, still standing close to mezzadriel for comfort's sake.
Mezzadriel - I have brought her, my master.
Tyrómairon turned toward the new arrivals. Tytho stood straight, a chill rushed down her spine; she had never encountered someone so tall or so powerful before.
Tyrómairon - Ah yes. Excellent. Your new life is about to begin, young one.
Tytho - I am-- Honoured. Sir.
Tyrómairon - Do you accept that your old life is now forfeit? You will embark on a new journey.
Tytho - My old life was terrible. Abuse, experimentation, a life I never wanted. Anything is surely better than that sir.
Tyrómairon - Excellent. Excellent. Now, you are a Warrior of the Revelation. An Mornûnendur. I congratulate you.
Tytho - Thank you sir. I am not entirely sure what this means for me but I will not dissapoint you.
Tyrómairon - Mezzadriel shall be your mentor.
Mezzadriel held up her hand and placed a single finger on Tytho's forehead. A rush of energy filled Tytho's body. She felt uneasy at the feeling.
Mezzadriel - You are reborn, Tytho.
Tytho - it feels-- It feels good. Like I don't have to be afraid anymore.
Tyrómairon - You will know no fear. You will know no mercy. You are now Mornûnendur.
Tytho - I sahll nto hold back, my lord. For I have no reason to. I feel extremely grateful for this.
Tyrómairon - Good. Take your leave.
Mezzadriel bowed again and walked with Tytho toward the elevator. Tytho's new life had begun.
Fall of Dhyrma Edit
During a patrol of the Dhyrma Collective fortress world Omnyx, their Defense Fleet encountered three unusual energy signatures approaching the planet, which were identified as ships. Upon their arrival a transmission was received from one of the ships, claiming that they were from the Neraida Gigamatrix, and that the Dhyrma would be assimilated and that resistance is futile.
Understanding that there was little to no chance of surviving a fight with the Neraida, Minister Anavar, the present leader of the Collective ordered an evacuation of every Dhyrma colony through a nearby spacetime anomaly in the form of a wormhole. Not know ing where it led, the entire surviving population of the Collective plunged into the unknown, clinging to the hope that it might be safer on the other side...
The Dhyrma Collective Defense Fleet patrolled above the Dhyrma fortress world Omnyx when they picked up some unidentified readings coming from orbit.
- Captain Tanax - Minister! We're receiving readings from an unidentified energy signature in orbit!
- Minister Anavar - I want those readings identified as soon as possible. We can't take the chance that they might be some of the unidentified infiltrators.
- Captain Tanax - Yes sir. Wait, we're receiving a transmission from a ship approaching our position.
- Minister Anavar - Put it on the screen.
An image of a Neraida drone appeared on the screen.
- Drone 8821 - We are the Neraida Gigamatrix. Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is irrelevant. You will be subjugated.
The transmission ended, the entire fleet was in shock.
- Captain Tanax - All ships! Take evasive action! They're preparing to fire weapons!
The trio of Neraida ships manage to destroy a majority of trhe hundreds of ships in the defense fleet.
- Minister Anavar - Begin the evacuation! Signal every colony to initiate contingency plan Zeta-14! We're leaving through the wormhole!
The entire Dhyrma Collective simultaneously evacuated through a predetermined spacetime anomaly. But they did not yet know where it went...
- Lacrima a Vinyar: Near the end of the month Ramashe escapes Carnthedain Fortress with aid of an Elven Princess named Lourdes, together with aid of Riordan Rambertan they plan their escape from Carnthedain.
- Hunt for the Zevian Skull: With aid of vice-admiral Ramtainus, Claire Rambo onboard the Suiliagothrond II defeat the Quadrantia Federation blockade of the Q82-Q21 wormhole.
The Treasonous ImperatorEdit
While the rest of the Empire was going as usual, Imperator Tyranus and Mar-Júun were getting allies for their strike on the Emperor. They both knew attacking Tyrómairon by themselves would be suicidal, so they spent their time gathering more Basileus to join their cause. The duo eventually found potential allies on two Basileus mandators, Santanan and Rachalia, and proposed the plan for them.
The two mandators, proud followers of the Basileus' speciesist culture, agreed on helping Tyranus and Mar-Júun, providing them with a significant number of Basileus Justiciars to aid them. The plan was to infiltrate on the Imperial Palace, ambush Tyrómairon and strike him down. Tyranus smirked, he could not wait for a chance to show that Emperor who was really in charge of this galaxy...
No Longer in Exile Edit
After her departure from the Empire, Mer Mirea travelled across the galaxy in search for possible allies that could aid her allies in the seemingly inevitable rebellion against the Empire. After several weeks of constant searching, she landed on the planet Condooine. While there she overheard rumours of a large remnant of the original Republic deep in the Quadrant Galaxies. Suddenly, she remembered that the URC settled in the Quadrants many years ago, she just always assumed that the colonies became loyal to the Empire when it was formed. Excited about this development, she immediately hired a ship to take her to these hidden colonies.
She approached a lone Cyrannian Serindia sitting in a bar known as Riordan Rambertan and asked him if he could transport her to these rebel colonies. After she agreed to pay a hefty price, Mirea was on her way to the Quadrants aboard Rambertan's personal starship, the Eagle. Luckily for Mirea, Rambertan knew about ways to get into the Quadrants without attracting the Empire's attention by using secretive hyperspace lanes in the "Space in Between". When they arrived near the Republic in Exile, Mirea sent a transmission asking for an audience with the current "Praesator", Adelheidis, but was instead directed to the small planet of Apatalore, where Count Apaltar expected her.
When she landed on Apatalore, she paid Rambertan and thanked him for the transport. She then set out of Apaltar's beautiful, but imposing palace. When she arrived, she was escorted by a trio of guards to Apaltar's audience chamber on a large and richly decorated balcony. She approached the Count and shook his hand. The two discussed a possible resistance against the Empire, but the Count made it clear that he didn't support an armed rebellion, but rather, a peaceful struggle to restore the Republic with the aim of co-existing with the Empire. Mirea eventually saw Apaltar eye-to-eye and agreed with his staunch opinions on the matter. When she left the Count's Palace, she did so with a powerful ally.
Mer Mirea landed on Apatalore and headed toward the beautiful, but imposing palace of the planet's Count, Apaltar. When she arrived at the Palace, she was escorted by a trio of guards to Apaltar's audience chamber on a large and richly decorated balcony. She approached the Count and shook his hand.
- Mirea - Count Apaltar. It's a pleasure.
- Apaltar - The pleasure is all mine, Senator. I'm surprised you could locate us in these uncharted regions of the Quadrant Galaxies.
- Mirea - I'm afraid I'm no longer a Senator, Count. I resigned because of the Empire's tactics of late.
- Apaltar - I am sorry to hear that, Ms. Mirea. How can I help you?
Mirea rested her hands behind her back.
- Mirea - I'll skip right to the chase, Count. I am a member of a movement that includes some of my former colleagues in the Imperial Senate that wish to see the restoration of the Republic. As one of the leaders of the largest remnant of the Republic, I was hoping I could count you as an ally in this crusade to restore democracy to Cyrannus.
Apaltar took all of this in and sighed.
- Apaltar - If you are looking for the leader of our Exiled Republic, I'm afraid you have the wrong person.
- Mirea - I was told about Praesator Adelheidis. She was unavailable.
- Apaltar - Gallivanting with Andromedans, no doubt.
- Mirea - Regardless of your position within this Remnant, your aid would be appreciated and would go a long way to restore the Republic.
Apaltar's reply was brisk and to the point.
- Apaltar - I have no interest in starting a war. Yes, I want to restore democracy, but not if it means the deaths of millions. I will help you achieve your goals with peace not armed rebellion.
- Mirea - Armed rebellion might be the only way.
- Apaltar - No madam, there is always an alternative. It is my goal to coexist peacefully with the Empire and forgive me, but that should be your goal too.
Mirea thought about Apaltar's statements for a few moments.
- Mirea - Heh. You remind me of Apollo. Fine, Count. We will play it your way. I will need to report back to my allies in Cyrannus, but can I tell them we have your support.
- Apaltar - Yes you can. I shall remain in contact.
The weather was dreadful in Capricaerón City. It had rained for several days without any end in sight. In Apollo's apartment, Gianne Inviá watched over her children while reading the latest news stories from across the Gigaquadrant via the HoloDomain. With her husband off on some adventures in the Andromeda Galaxy, she remained on Capricaerón with her very unusual family. In the living room, Gorf (complete with a new appearance) threw sticks out of the window at passersbys on the streets below, while in the kitchen, the Adjunct was trying his hand at "cooking" by materialising meals out of thin air. Gianne walked to the kitchen and asked the Adjunct to watch over the teenagers while she went for a short walk. The ancient AI happily agreed.
As Gianne left the house, she was unaware that she was being watched. Perched atop a nearby building was Éaltar Gauisa who watched as the young Libertus walked through the rain. Suddenly, he pulled a trigger and a shot rang out.
The streets below were left in chaos. The Imperial Guards of Capricaerón City were quick to cordon off the street and tried to look for the assassin, but Gauisa was long gone. High above, Kara and Laoi waited in the apartment for several hours waiting for their mother to return, ignorant to the reality that their mother was gone. Within four hours, an Imperial Stormtrooper clad in red armour (with his helmet removed as a sign of respect) arrived at the apartment. When Kara answered the door her eyes widened, she automatically knew that her mother was dead, but refused to believe it. Her brother meanwhile didn't say a word, paralysed with grief. Both the Adjunct and Gorf remained solemn.
The next day, Laoi, Kara, Gorf, the Adjunct and Tigarlu were brought to Raen Magalen's condo a couple of miles away. He promised the unorthodox family that he would stop at nothing to find the perpetrators behind the murder of Gianne Inviá. However, now he had the uncomfortable task of informing Apollo...
The Infiltrator DiscoveredEdit
Nondarrrt had been watching Senator Daleigh closely for a while now. He was not acting the same since the New Ermitant Republic had arrived in Cyranai. He was being so seclusive, so secretive about everything, which was very not unlike him. President Milinitt was too busy with presidential affairs to notice, but Nondarrrt decided to settle his suspicious once and for all.
Nondarrrt spied on Daleigh for an entire week until he noticed the Senator leaving the government palace and going to the forest near it. To Nondarrrt's surprised, a spaceship appeared in the forest, apparently cloaked from view before, and Daleigh entered it. Nondarrrt followed, trying to not make any noises, and watched the senator from behind a wall. It was then that Daleigh's form changed entirely, becoming a tall, skinny, reptilian creature. Catulus. Nondarrrt watched in terror as the Bisistar worked on a computer terminal, having a conversation with what apeared to be his superior. However, Nondarrt fell over, causing a loud slam.
Catulus sharply turned around, and his face turned into a shocking expression as he saw Nondarrrt. As Catulus let out a loud "Frak.", Nondarrrt got up and ran the fastest he could. Catulus roared and chased after Nondarrrt, but could not get to him before he escaped the spaceship. Nondarrrt ran off to Milinitt, and Catulus ran off to his terminal. He had to escape and warn the Queen immediately.
A Sad ReunionEdit
When Ramashe returned from her captivity at Carnthedain she was informed of the death of Gianne Inviá. Saddened and shocked she tried to contact the late Gianne her children. Ramashe was unable to reach them however and she grew worried.
Two days later, both Laoi and Kara had travelled on their own to the Rambo Capital where they arrived on a special section of the Royal Palace- only designated as arrival place for the closest of the Royal Family. When Ramashe met them, Laoi bursted out in tears. Kara looked up to Ramashe, who for a moment was stunned and not sure what to do. Ramashe soon re-gained herself and comforted both Laoi and Kara and brought them within the palace. Showing them their bedrooms she told the two children that the Royal Palace was their home as long as they wanted- and that she would try to contact Apollo who was gone on some adventure in Andromeda.
Ramashe also contacted Senator Magalen that the two children were safe at the Royal Palace, much to his delight. Magalen asked if both Gorf and the Adjunct were also allowed to live with them at the Rambo Capital, as the children were very close to them. Ramashe agreed and dispatched a ship to retrieve them from Capricaerón. Later that night she checked upon both Laoi and Kara, while Kara was a sleep Laoi had difficulties sleeping. Sitting at his bed, Ramashe cuddled him until he fell a sleep too, though Ramashe couldn't wonder where Apollo was.........
New Political Allies?Edit
A few days after Laoi and Kara settled themselves at the Royal Palace, Ramashe returned her attention back to politics. The Rambo Senate was happy she was back, and kept the peace and stability of the nation while she was gone. Yet the politics with Grand Mandator Garlboz also had to be continued, something she loathed and disliked.
Overthinking some perchments- Ramashe was informed of the arrival of a high official from Cyrannus who wished to have an audience with her. Surprised Ramashe made all preperations and granted the official' wish. To her surprise it was the Corthrinus emperor, Savra Mathen.
He talked with Ramashe about signing a treaty of trade, which would benefit both their species. Knowing Ramashe couldn't refuse such an offer, Savra continued to tell how the Rambo had a weak position within Cyrannus and that they only had trade and commerce with Capricaerón. He also asked her if they could become politician allies, to help eachother against the dirty politics at Orbispira.
Ramashe raised her eyebrows and smiled. It seemed Savra was well aware and was telling the truth. The Rambo had a weak position at Orbispira and little trade and commerce in Cyrannus. Perhaps aiding eachother was benefital at all. Ramashe nodded and told Savra they could sign the trade contract at once. Savra, pleased that it went this easy made a remark how beautiful Ramashe was for avian species- something Ramashe had to blush for and that he shouldn't flatter her. Yet she had to admit for a Capricyránae he is quite charming and gentle.
Afterwards Savra returned for Rinus, pleased that the first stage of his plan against the Mortalitas had succeeded. With this trade treaty he was now the only one besides Capricaerón who had trade and commerce with the Rambo, opening new trade for his people in Cyrannus who could sell Rambo products for high prices to other species who weren't so fortunate with allies within the Senate, this way those species became independant of the Corhtrinus and would give him his support in decisions he could claim could lower his trade prices. This way Savra could show the Corthrinus might and nobility of his race- giving him more influance and respect amongst the Senate and Mandator Council. And with Ramashe as a possible politician ally, he gained an advance over Moch-Na who didn't had mighty allies.
while Ramashe and Savra had their conversation, unaware to both- Kara had overhead them and feared the Corthrinus as her father told her stories about them. Whenever her father was to return, she had to tell him so he could Ramashe about the dangers of the Corthrinus.
- Savra: "Goodmorning your grace. Thank you for seeing me on such short notice."
- Ramashe: "The pleasure is all mine your highness. To what honour do I have to welcome you to my palace?"
- Savra: "Politics my dear, urgent politics I need to discuss with you."
Ramashe looked surprised, she wasn't really familiar with the Corthrinus Emperor and unsure of his intentions. Noticing the look on Ramashe her face, Savra replied with kindness.
- Savra: "No need to worry Empress Ramashe. I come here to discuss a possible trade treaty with you. My people need a boost of economy, as well as yours I presume and it would be benefital for both of us."
- Ramashe: "I agree noble Savra, but I feel there is something more to this visit than a treaty of trade?"
Savra chuckled, his informants were right that this Serindia empress was clever enough to notice things and replied in a whisper.
- Savra: "Indeed, not only for trade I come here. I think you are aware that there are dirty politics being played on Orbispira."
- Ramashe: What would that matter for my Nation?"
- Savra: "Well, first of all you are a "protectorate" of the Empire and as such our races both fall under the authority of the Emperor. And I am well aware that the Rambo have a weak position at Orbispira due to their Grand Mandator protection. Ever since you signed the Concordat you Rambo have little trade and commerce in Cyrannus, except perhaps with your colonial sector and Capria. I am here to open new trade ways, and perhaps we could become friends in politics. We could help eachother."
End of a Tyrant Edit
After months of preparation, Imperator Tyranus of the Basileus, as well as the demon Mar-Júun and two other Basileus Mandators, Santanan and Rachalia were ready to launch their ultimate plot; the overthrow of Tyrómairon, emperor of the Galactic Empire of Cyrannus, thus bringing about Basileus rule. Meeting in Tyranus' office deep in the caverns of the Imperial Capital, the four traitorous Basileus had no idea that they were being watched.
Just as Tyranus had finished explaining the chain of events that would need to transpire if they had any hope of toppling the Emperor, the sky began to darken. Rachalia dismissed it as a coming storm, but it soon became clear that this wasn't the case. Suddenly, the door to Tyranus' office disintegrated. Before the Basileus could have time to react, a towering dark figure translocated directly outside the office and stepped inside. The Basileus' eyes widened, and Mar-Júun pulled out his blades. Tyranus' guards moved to apprehend the figure steeped in darkness, but were flung across the room by a surge of energy.
The Emperor had arrived.
Rachalia and Santaran stepped back, but Mar-Júun kept with his blades on his hands. Without a single gesture or movement, Tyrómairon lifted Rachalia and Santanan into the air and slammed them together at a tremendous speed. All that was left was dust. The Dark Lord took two steps toward Tyranus, who appeared calm and collected, sipping a cup of Basileus tea while instructing Mar-Júun to kill him. Mar-Júun extended tentacles out of his back and charged at Tyrómairon's back in an attempt to stab him. Tyrómairon turned and physically grabbed the demon by the neck, crushing it slowly. Torrents of excruciatingly hot lightning coursed through Mar-Júun before Tyrómairon blasted him through the window. Mar-Júun let out a pained roar as he fell through it, crashing down into the endless city below.
Tyranus had fear in his eyes for the first time in his life, but remained defiant. He claimed that nothing Tyrómairon could do would stop the Basileus from gaining control over Cyrannus, but the Emperor disagreed and ended the Grand Mandator's life.
Tyranus gathered Mar-Júun, Santanan and Rachalia to his office hidden deep on Orbispira for their final meeting.
- Tyranus - Thank you for coming, my friends. Our people's moment is at hand.
- Santanan - Finally. Is everything prepared for the strike?
- Tyranus - Mar-Júun?
- Mar-Júun - Everything should be set by now. Just give me the order, I'm eager for this!
The sky darkened.
- Rachalia - Hmm. It appears a storm is coming.
- Mar-Júun - The only storm that matters is us storming on this "Emperor"!
- Tyranus - Tyrómairon shall fall this day and the Galactic Empire shall be replaced by a Basileus Galactic Order!
- Santanan - Glory to the Basileus!
The door to the meeting place suddenly disintegrated. Faster than the blink of an eye, a towering dark figure appeared at the doorway. The Basileus' eyes widened, and Mar-Júun pulled out his blades. Tyranus' guards moved to apprehend the figure steeped in darkness, but were flung across the room by a surge of energy.
- Rachalia - What is the meaning of this?!
The figure stepped into the light, revealing the Galactic Emperor.
- Tyrómairon - Am I interrupting?
Rachalia and Santaran stepped back, but Mar-Júun kept with his blades on his hands. Without a single gesture or movement, Tyrómairon lifted Rachalia and Santanan into the air and slammed them together at a tremendous speed. All that was left was dust. The Dark Lord took two steps toward Tyranus.
- Mar-Júun - Damnit...!
- Tyranus - Ah. Your majesty. So kind of you to join us on this fine evening.
Tyrómairon tilted his head slightly. Tyranus took a sip from his Basileus tea.
- Tyranus - You may have found out how to levitate individuals, but as you shall soon see. You are no match for a warrior of the black fog. Mar-Júun, kill him.
Mar-Júun extended tentacles out of his back and charged at Tyrómairon's back in an attempt to stab him. Tyrómairon turned and physically grabbed the demon by the neck, crushing it slowly. Torrents of excruciatingly hot lightning coursed through Mar-Júun before Tyrómairon blasted him through the window. Mar-Júun let out a pained roar as he fell through it.
- Tyrómairon - The demon will return to his master, Basileus. There is much you fail to see
- Tyranus - You can kill me, but you will never destroy the natural born right of all Basileus to rule the cosmos!
Tyrómairon smiled as he used his powers to lift the Grand Mandator into the air.
- Tyrómairon - Primitive kirus... Of course I will. Now... die.
With a loud snap, Tyranus' neck snapped under the pressure. The Grand Mandator was dead.
Family Reunion Edit
After being defeated by Tyrómairon, Mar-Júun, unconscious, fell out of the meeting building. As Orbispira lacks a mantle and a crust, it took several hours until Mar-Júun came down crashing on a parked speeder, completely destroying it. Due to his demonic nature, the fall was not fathal, and Mar-Júun woke up, holding his head in pain and leaving the debris of the speeder. Before he could leave the area, however, a familiar figure appeared behind him: his brother Nirndal.
Nirndal confronted Mar-Júun over his participation in the conspiracy, which Mar-Júun replied to with an air of arrogance and sarcasm. The two confronted each other over their family and the values of being a true Basileus, with Nirndal being disgusted by Mar-Júun's growing power-hungry attitude and his affiliation with the Corruptus.
Irritated, Mar-Júun shifted into his demon form and attempted to attack Nirndal, who was too ashamed of his brother to tr to counterattack. However, he was stopped on his tracks by the Mornûnenduran acolyte Meketanor, who claimed his treason would not be tolerated. Mar-Júun scowled at the sight of the Marinox, who appeared eager to resolve the previous tie from their previous battle. Meketanor charged at Mar-Júun and slashed at him with his blades. Mar-Júun retaliated by attacking Meketanor with his own blades, which could not penetrate the Marinox's skin. He tried to use his Entropic Energy on him, but Meketanor's Mornûnenduran energies suppressed Mar-Júun's powers. Meketanor delivered a kick into Mar-Júun's chest which stunned hiim, and then stabbed him on his back, causing him to fall on his knees.
Mar-Júun shouted in anger at both Meketanor and Nirndal. The acolyte exclaimed that Mar-Júun was banished from ever returning to the Cyrandia Cluster, and finished him off by decapitating him, his body disappearing in a black fog. Nirndal saluted Meketanor, but the Marinox looked back to him for a moment, and then walked up to him. A bright light shined out of Meketanor's eyes, which blinded Nirndal. When he regained his sight, Meketanor was gone, and he could no longer remember having seen him at all.
Mar-Júun was falling for hours, the force of Tyrómairon's throw knocking him unconscious. Finally, with an earth-shattering shud he landed on top of a parked speeder. Mar-Júun slowly woke up, holding his head in pain and made his way out of the crumbed sleeder.
- Nirndal - Brother.
Nirndal was standing behind him. Mar-Júun turned back and glared at Nirndal.
- Mar-Júun - Oh, good. You. This day is going on perfectly.
- Nirndal - I assume from the tone of your voice that you are being sarcastic. I'm touched. Sometimes you act exactly like our idiot of a father.
- Mar-Júun - Father was a great man, you disrespectful brat. He strived for what was true for the Basileus, unlike you, who goes around, working with these "lesser" species as if they were your kin.
- Nirndal - Whatever. What were you doing falling from that height? Trying to fly?
- Mar-Júun - It's none of your business.
Nirndal raised his brow.
- Nirndal - Tell me you weren't part of that foolish conspiracy.
- Mar-Júun - Heheheh...so you know of it?
- Nirndal - The entire galaxy knows of it! That traitor Tyranus has shamed our people. He got what was coming to him.
- Mar-Júun - Shamed? If anything, he has shown what a Basileus strives for more than anyone has ever done! Our people are not to be ruled, we are to rule over others!
- Nirndal - And yet you are ruled by those... things. You are no Basileus!"
- Mar-Júun - How dare you contest me? These powers are means to an end. They have given me unbelievable power! Power which I could share with all Basileus, but no, you decide to follow the orders of...whatever this "Emperor" is supposed to be.
- Nirndal - Power!? At what cost? Culture, distinction, respect. These are the qualities that make the Basileus great. That is why you will never earn my respect, or mothers. You betrayed us!
Mar-Júun let out a roar and was engulfed in purple fire, before emerging as his true demonic form. Nirndal took a step back, a single tear rolling down his face.
- Mar-Júun - I have become more than you will ever be. More than you've ever dreamed of! And if I must destroy you to prove it, so be it!
- Nirndal - ...Monster. You are not my brother.
Mar-Júun charged at Nirndal to attack him, but before he could touch him, a black sillhouette appeared in front of Nirndal, shielding him and sending Mar-Júun flying back. The sillhoette revealed itself to be the Marinox acolyte Meketanor. Mar-Júun scowled at the sight of him.
- Meketanor - Your treason will not be tolerated, demon. At last, we shall resolve our previous draw.
- Mar-Júun - Stand out of my way, fiend!
- Nirndal - What in the...
Meketanor charged at Mar-Júun and slashed at him with his blades. Mar-Júun retaliated by attacking Meketanor with his own blades, which could not penetrate the Marinox's skin. He tried to use his Entropic Energy on him, but Meketanor's Mornûnenduran energies suppressed Mar-Júun's powers. Meketanor delivered a kick into Mar-Juun's chest which stunned hiim, and then stabbed him on his back, causing him to fall on his knees.
- Mar-Júun - Devourer curse you all!
- Meketanor - Tell your master your kind is no longer welcome in my master's galaxy. You are to be banished, and never return!
Meketanor delivered a slash which decapitated Mar-Júun, causing his head and body to disappear in a black fog.
Nirndal performs an Imperial salute toward Meketanor.
- Nirndal - Thank you, Warrior of the Emperor.
Meketanor looked back to Nirndal for a moment, and then walked up to him. A bright light shined out of Meketanor's eyes, which blinded Nirndal. When he regained his sight, Meketanor was gone, and he could no longer remember having seen him at all.
- Nirndal - Ugh... What happened..
The Senator and the MandatorEdit
Elsewhere on orbispira, Guolivian was finishing a meeting in the senate regarding more Neraida attacks within the Outer Rim. As he walked, Geleriva Delsacrian called out his name. She approached him and, acting friendly and polite, peeked his interest in matters relating to the Draconis' social standing in Cyrannus.
In a naive manner, Gelariva asked him if there was any way standings could be improved. Secretly disappointed that she was expected to be nothing less than a fully-commited servant of the Emperor in the eyes of her detractors, and learning that many of her opponents ignored the Draconid Imperium's order-bringing efforts in Andromeda in favour of the Empire's own actions. She nonetheless formulated a plan of action, thanking Guolivian for his time. Before she left she asked Guolivian to pass on the good word of the Oligarchy's efforts. To wich he understanably accepted. Once agreed both travelled their separate ways. Once clear of Guolivian, she formulated how to earn the respect of her peers and called for an attendant of hers to organise a meeting with Mandator Nenabie of Nex.
Further near the surface of Orbispira. The Senate had just finished a session regarding recent Neraida attacks in the Outer Rim. After the meeting finished, Guolivian walked out of the Senate Chamber. Taking a few paces down the corridor he heard someone behind him calling his name.
- Gelariva - Senator Guolivian? May I have a word?
Guolivian turned around sharply and raised his brow. he saw Geleriva Delsacrian walking up with a friendly smile on her face. She stepped up to Guolivian and nodded her head in respect.
- Guolivian - Of course. Can I help you?
- Gelariva - I am Gelariva Delsacrian, senator. A mandator from the Mid Rim. As I understand it you hold a certain degree of respect for my species. Is this true?
- Guolivian - Yes indeed Mandator. I have enjoyed my visits to the Imperium and have made some rather close friends there. Is there something I can help you with?
- Gelariva - I worry that to some, I will not point out names, do not fully appreciate my peoples' efforts. It has been three years since some of us joined th empire but it is a little upsetting that there are those who do not see us as equals.
- Guolivian - Unfortunately, this behaviour does not surprise me. Nevertheless, I have noticed the Empire becoming gradually more cosmopolitan as the months have gone on. No doubt you wish to quicken this process.
Gelariva smiled in anticipation, masking it as a nod of approval.
- Gelariva - You read me like a book, senator. I'm impressed.
Guolivian returned the smile and bowed slightly.
- Guolivian - And I agree with you. That attitude needs to be removed from the equation.
- Gelariva - I know it is difficult at times to change the minds of others. In fact I had heard of what the emperor's new Potentate thinks of the Paragon and while I have only met his majesty once, the potentate's behavior regarding all the highlords was...disgusting.
Gelariva cringed as she spoke her final words. As though the very sentence sickened her. However Guolivian scowled, his calm voice rose sharply as he commandingly responded to her.
- Guolivian - You would be wise to show more respect to the Potentate. You may disagree with him as I have, in that particular case, but speaking against him will not improve your stance.
- Gelariva - True, true. Not every politician is perfect but among my people, respect is highly prized. To show respect is just as important as to earn respect. The Draconis of the may be a race of warriors but we are not savage brutes.
- Guolivian - Of course. What precisely do you ask of me?
- Gelariva - I wish to ask if you think of anything that can be done to improve how others see my species?
- Guolivian - Respect cannot be asked of someone, it must be earned. The first thing you could do that could improve your peoples standing is to develop friendships with your fellow officials, Mandators and Senators.
- Gelariva - Which is why I came to you, senator. But my concern is that certain politicians may be blind to the efforts the Draconis have made to civilise Cirith Beleg.
- Guolivian - They will not care for what your race have done in Cirith Beleg, however virtuous. Cyrannus is your new home, and they will expect you to show it.
Gelariva frowned at this news. Selfish politicians were something she detested as much as outright insulting authority figures.
- Gelariva - So the politicans expect me to start fresh? How droll.
Gelriva sighed and rested her hand on her snout. Looking a little frustrated.
- Guolivian - They will expect you to serve the Empire absolutely. Nothing else.
- Gelariva - Fine. At least Karamus has been coordinating at several peacekeeping operations in the Mid and Outer rims. And I trust the senate approves of the nwely-launched Aedile-class Star Destroyer despite the outcome of its maiden conflict?
- Guolivian - Oh, yes. If you are looking for potential allies, I recommend Mandator Nenabie of Nex. He is a friendly fellow, who is respected in the Mandator Council.
- Gelariva - I will arrange a meeting with him when I can. I will keep in touch, Senator.
- Guolivian - Good luck, Mandator.
- Gelariva - Thank you senator. By the way is it too much to ask if you to put in a good word for the Oligarchy's efforts?.
- Guolivian - I suppose I can see what I can do.
- Gelariva - Thank you senator. I greatly appreciate it
The two of them bowed to each other and went their separate ways, as Gelariva returned to the Senate entrance she muttered to herself. A sly smile on her face as she walked, keeping it relatively concealed from passing senators.
- Gelariva - So my detractors desire me to play the role of "good little pawn" do they? Hm, I suppose i'll entertain them with such a quaint little act.
As Gelariva exited the senate house she activated her communicator with an attendant on the other end.
- Gelariva - Loricus, see if you can book an appointment with Mandator Nenabie and I transport to Nex. And be prompt, time is precious.
The Revelation Edit
It was a stormy night in Capricaerón City. The ferocious waves in the bay masked the sound of a transport ship descending into the city’s primary spaceport. On board the ship was Apollo, who had just returned from the front lines of the Dominion War in Andromeda. The former President's mind was filled with thoughts of rejoining his family after a truly harrowing experience. Gianne herself was opposed to Apollo leaving to fight against the resurgent Xhodocto, but he remained adamant that he should fight for the greater good. Nevertheless, as the adventure went on, Apollo began to agree with his wife's assessment. After all, he was a politician, not a warrior.
When the final landing procedures were completed, Apollo donned his hood and made his way to his parked speeder. Upon entering the speeder, Apollo attempted to contact his apartment, only to receive no response. On his second attempt, to his surprise, it was not Gianne who answered, but a male voice, a voice he recognised. It was Senator Baloa Magalen, one of his former allies during his tenure as President. The Senator sounded heartbroken, simply asking Apollo to go to his condo instead. Immediately, Apollo knew what happened.
When Apollo arrived he met with Senator Magalen, who recounted how Gianne died. Apollo turned away and watched as the rain continued to pour relentlessly. Tears gathered in his eyes. Like the tumultuous clouds above, his mind became a chaotic mess while an overwhelming feeling of guilt descended upon him. Suddenly, his mind became clear. He turned on his feet, interrupting Magalen. “Where are my children?” Baloa walked over to Apollo and placed a hand on his shoulder, telling him that he sent them, along with Gorf, Tigarlu and the Adjunct to the Rambo Capital, where they now lived with their godmother, Empress Ramashe. A small smile broke on Apollo’s face, at least they were with someone who he trusted completely. Apollo cleared his eyes with a cloth, bowed slightly toward Magalen and rushed out the door. He was bound for the Quadrants once again.
A new player enters the gameEdit
The Regellis began exploring the Cluster with their cloacked vessels and their newfound allies the Bisistar. The Regellis soon found themselves in Quadrant 82, realising that expanding in this Quadrant would be very dangerous without allies and staging ground.
Soon, with aid of the Bisistar the Regellis found a perfect staging area, an area known in Q82 as the Unclaimed Territories where all kind of planet and species were living independant of eachother without interferance of Rambo Nation.
By mere luck they encountered the Icolian, who were also venturing beyond their borders in search rumors of temporal weapons of the Nation. The Regellis offered aid to the Icolian to provide them information, in return for a staging ground. The Icolian were capable of creating artificial wormholes and constructed one for the Regellis to stage their invasion and exploration of Q82 in the Unclaimed Territories.
Their first staging area was a station constructed at an astroid, embedded with a ai-wormhole to let ships travel between Regellis territory in Q89 and Q82.
Onboard the station captain Dralath looked amazed at the rate Regellis ships were pouring from the AI-worhole created by the Icolian. One Icolian was onboard to monitor the opening and safety of the wormhole. Satisfied the AI-wormhole was stable the Icolian prepared to leave.
- Dralath: "Thank you Icolian Commander, for providing the Regellis with this new way of travel and entering point into Quadrant 82!".
The Icolian simply looked bored to the Regellis and turned his back to Dralath as the creature wished to leave the Regellis space station.
- Dralath: "Wait, please! I could invite you for diner to express more grattitude. This wormhole gives us new oppertunities to enter the games of the higher powers! You aided us a lot, and in return we will search for these temporal weapons of Rambo Nation".
The Icolian turned at the notion of the temporal weapons. The Icolian stared at Dralath who feeled unsure, the Icolian simply spoke one sentence before departing, the words haunted Dralath as they were both his answer and a threat!
- Icolian: "Be aware, deceit is intolarble".
Apollo's shuttle flew down to the surface of the Rambo Capital. It was the first time he visited Rambo Nation since before the Great Cyrannus War and he was amazed with how much the planet has changed since then. Apollo's shuttle was given clearance to land on one of the Royal Palace' docking ports. Exiting his shuttle he was greeted by two Royal Guards who instructed him to follow them. Apollo nodded and followed the guards as they escorted Apollo into the Royal Palace- where he was brought before the throne of Empress Ramashe. To his suprise the throne room was empty and Apollo looked around while the guards left him. Seconds later a door opened and Ramashe approached Apollo. Apollo rushed over to Ramashe and hugged her warmly.
Ramashe looked into Apollo's eyes, a sad smile formed upon her beak. Apollo noticed the Serindia Empress' wings twitched nervously. Ramashe placed her hand at the side of Apollo face and stroked it. Apollo placed his head on Ramashe's shoulder and began to weep. Ramashe comforted her friend, telling him that a certain group of people wanted to see him. Apollo's eyes lit up as he followed Ramashe down one of the Palace's many corridors. Walking across a hallway, decorated with curtains, carpets, paintings and statues Ramashe stopped for a single door. She knocked on the door and spoke, telling the occupants that a special visitor arrived. When the door opened, Apollo was delighted to see that his children (as well as Gorf, Tigarlu and the Adjunct were safe.
Apollo rushed into the room and hugged his children warmly while the Adjunct and Gorf jumped up and down in excitement. Ramashe leaned against the doorpost and smiled. She was happy Apollo had returned, as the children badly needed him. Ramashe turned around and left. While walking away she instructed a Royal Guard to aid Apollo and his children with whatever they wanted. The Guard nodded, though the Empress reminded him they were free to walk around the palace.
As Ramashe looked back, she saw that Apollo was smiling warmly. It was many months since he was this happy.
Apollo's shuttle flew down to the surface of the Rambo Capital. It was the first time he visited Rambo Nation since before the Great Cyrannus War and he was amazed with how much the planet has changed since then. Apollo's shuttle was given clearance to land on one of the Royal Palace' docking ports. Exiting his shuttle he was greeted by two Royal Guards who instructed him to follow them. Apollo nodded and followed the guards as they escorted Apollo into the Royal Palace- where he was brought before the throne of Empress Ramashe. To his surprise the throne room was empty and Apollo looked around while the guards left him. Seconds later a door opened and Ramashe approached Apollo. Apollo rushed over to Ramashe and hugged her warmly.
- Apollo - I have missed you so much, Ramashe! So much has changed...
Ramashe looked into Apollo's eyes, a sad smile formed upon her beak. Apollo noticed the Serindia Empress' wings twitched nervously. Ramashe placed her hand at the side of Apollo face and stroked it.
- Ramashe: I am so sorry Apollo.
Apollo placed his head on Ramashe's shoulder and began to weep.
- Apollo: Thank you, my friend.
Ramashe comforted Apollo and whispered in his ear.
- Ramashe: There are two children who really wish to see and need their father
Ramashe released herself from Apollo's hug and beckoned Apollo to follow her. Apollo smiled and followed her. Entering a side room she took Apollo up a flight of stair which elevated at least three floors. Walking across a hallway, decorated with curtains, carpets, paintings and statues Ramashe stopped for a single door. She knocked on the door and spoke.
- Ramashe Children, you have a special visitor!
Ramashe opened the door and Apollo looked inside. In the room he saw his family.
- Apollo - Children!
Apollo rushed into the room and hugged his children warmly. The Adjunct and Gorf jumped up and down in excitement.
- Kara - Dad! We missed you so much!
- Apollo - Likewise Kara! Did you behave yourself for your godmother?
Ramashe leaned against the doorpost and smiled. Ramashe was happy Apollo had returned, as athey needed him badly. Ramashe turned around and left, knowing Apollo and the children needed some private time. While walking away she instructed a Royal Guard to aid Apollo and his children with whatever needs they wanted. The Guard nodded, though the Empress reminded him they were free to walk around the palace, except in the restricted undergrounds.
As Ramashe looked back, she saw that Apollo was smiling warmly. It was many months since he was this happy.
It was several weeks since Adelheidis last visited her new lover Crispy, leader of Crispy's Insurrection. During their last meeting, Adelheidis invited Crispy to her flagship in a secret area of space near the centre of the Republic in Exile. After much thought, Crispy decided to accept her invitation. When his shuttle landed on Adelheidis' flagship, he was escorted by three Trucinex guards to her command centre. When walking along a corridor on the way, he passed Count Apaltar, who looked at Crispy with extreme suspicion. However, Crispy didn't seem to notice and continued along his path to Adelheidis. When he entered her office, Adelheidis sent the guards out and gave Crispy a warm hug. The two soon got down to business, discussing their plans to be the creators of a new universal Republic, one in which tyrants such as Tyraz Breek and Tyrómairon would fall. However, as the conversation went on, Adelheidis revealed that before any such plan could go ahead, she would need to remove her political enemies from within the Exiled Republic, chief among them, Count Apaltar.
Little did she know however, their conversation was being recorded. After Crispy departed back to the Andromeda Galaxy, Adelheidis sat alone in her office completing some paperwork. Suddenly, she heard someone at the door forcefully. Before she could even react, three guards came charging into the room, surrounding the Praesator's desk. Count Apaltar casually walked into her office and placed a device on her desk. Adelheidis demanded to know what was going on, but she soon realised that her plan was foiled. Apaltar activated the device, which placed a recording of the meeting with Crispy, during which she plotted to assassinate the Count. Apaltar commanded the guards to take Adelheidis to a holding cell, where she would remain until her fate was decided. Adelheidis was dragged out of the room, screaming that she would have her revenge, however Apaltar simply ignored her and sat at his new desk.
The next day, Apaltar summoned the Republic's news service to the new capital on Apatalore where he announced Adelheidis' plot and her arrest. He also announced plans to contact Rambo Nation and to seek recognition from the Galactic Empire of Cyrannus, thus ending hostilities between the two civilisations.
Home of the GodsEdit
It was several months since the ancient Oikoumene AI known as the Licent assumed control over the Cognatus Empire. One of the Licent's first orders was directed toward the feared Shipmaster Vos Adamae and the Tabernok of the Bisistar Domain, Naticodoga. The ancient AI ordered Adamae to search the galaxy for the resting place of "an individual exiled long ago", who would supposedly lead the Cognatus to a new golden age. The Licent implied to the zealot that this individual was a living god, giving him a fervent passion to find the lost god.
Adamae searched the Unknown Regions of the galaxy for two months before finally arriving at one of the coordinates supplied by the Licent. Adamae and his fleet arrived in orbit of a mysterious planet that was teeming with life forms. Adamae slammed his fist on the side of his captain's chair; the fact that the planet was populated complicated their mission. Suddenly, an alarm began to flash on the bridge, fifteen small fighter-craft were heading toward the Cognatus Fleet on an intercept course. Adamae stood to his feet and growled.
Adamae clenched and unclenched his mandibles. His concentration was broken by one of the nearby Cogsangui bridge officers, informing him that the approaching fighters just entered visual range. Adamae nodded to the officer, indicating that he wanted to see his adversary. The viewscreen in front of the shipmaster activated, showing the approaching vessels. They were a sleek, small design with dark purple colouration while small lights winked on and off their hulls. Clearly an unknown class of vessel.
Space around the two fleets lit up as the alien vessels began to swarm the larger Cognatus battlecruisers. However, the alien's polaron beam arrays were unable to cause any lasting damage to the Cognatus shields. Smiling to himself, Adamae unleashed the full firepower of his massive flagship, eventually shooting down all fifteen vessels. Just as he was about to bombard the planet's population centres, he received a transmission from the surface. The aliens identified themselves as belonging to the "Pact", made up of two species, the administrative Draiocht and the warrior Hadran-Ari. Adamae demanded that the Pact surrender unconditionally, a term the Draiocht agreed to.
Vos Adamae soon made up way to the planet's surface, where he accepted the surrender of the Pact. The agreement stated that the Draiocht and the Hadran'Ari would surrender all their systems to the Cognatus in exchange for a comfortable standing in the Theocracy. However, the politics of the event did not interest the shipmaster, who began to scour the planet's surface for any signs of the ancient god. With the help of the natives, the location was soon discovered, but it would take some time before it could be accessed...
Children of ScienceEdit
Samrrak had planned every detail of the attack. it would be the first strike to prevent the CyraEmp from invading the Troodontid Empire. From his base at the border of the Troodontid space he ordered eight Ai controlled ships to a near asteroid field where he had already put jamming systems that would prevent the Imperial Patrol calling for help.
As they did every day the Imperial Patrol moved through the asteroid field. The captains noticed the jamming, but mistook it for the natural jamming sometimes happening in asteroid fields. But this time two Ares ships approached them in the asteroid field. The Troodontid spaceships started firing, but the Imperial ships had already their shields up. Though both empires were not too far away from each other technology wise, the CyraEmp had the advantage of having much more advanced generators, giving them a fatal advantage over the Troodontids. While the Imperial shields took hardly any damage, the Troodontid shields soon grew weaker and weaker. By concentrating the entire fire on the left Ares, the patrol managed to destroy one of their attackers.
But unknown to them this was Samrrak's plan. He had never expected to manage to bring the Imperial shields down on his own. Instead he waited for the ships to do so on their own. Now that one ship was destroyed the Imperial officers concentrated on the remaining attacker and didn't expect any more ships to join the battle. Because of that they put their shield power on the frontal shields. This was the moment the remaining spaceships that had hovered over the battle and been hidden from the Imperial sensors waited for. Heavy laser fire and torpedoes hit the bridges of the Imperial ships. Only a few moments later the Imperial Ships were defeated.
After the victory, Samrrak ordered the androids to search inside the spaceship for any useable technology and weakness. As soon as the analyses were done, both the Imperial ships and the Ares were fully destroyed to cover up the attack.
Meeting of MandatorsEdit
Geleriva Delsacrian's private cruiser approached to orbit over Nex. One of her assistants had arranged for a formal meeting with mandator Nenabie and she had dressed herself in one of her Praetoral-style gowns in order to impress the mandator. She was translocated in front of her home and put on a smile as she approached the door. As she waited by the door, a Trucinex butler showed her inside, smiling as she walked into the hall. Nenabie, wearing a formal green suit, walked down the main flight of stairs and approached Gelariva. He smiled and with a gesture of his hand, motioned her into his office. Gelariva nodded and walked with Nenabie up into his office. Holding her dress so as not to snag it while walking up the stairs.
Before the meeting began, Gelariva attempted to appeal to Nenabie's vanity by complementing the majesty of his home. However, she was surprised by Nenabie's comment that in his opinion, it is the people inside a house that is important, not the material possessions within. As they entered the office, Nenabie made his way to his seat across a large desk, filled with pictures of his young nephews and nieces, while the walls surrounding them were filled with art pieces depicting historical events.
Gelariva sat down on a chair opposite Nanabie, looking out of the window in a somewhat dreamy-eyed fashion. The Mandators began to discuss their similarities based on how a minority of those in the Core look upon both their people with contempt, Nenabie because of his people's involvement in the Trucinex War and Gelariva due to her status as an extragalactic. The two discussed their common plight for several minutes before Nenabie began to imply that he would support Gelariva.
By the time the meeting ended, Gelariva stood up and bowed respectfully as she backed towards the door. Nenabie nodded and began reading his book. Gelariva gracefully left the estate, a sly smile spreading across her face after she made a few paces down from the front door. Meanwhile in Nenabie's office, the Mandator scoffed.
Gelariva's private cruiser approached to orbit over Nex. One of her assistants had arranged for a formal meeting with mandator Nenabie and she had dressed herself in one of her Praetoral-style gowns in order to impress the mandator. She was translocated in front of her home and put on a smile as she approached the door. As she waited by the door, a Trucinex butler showed her inside, smiling as she walked into the hall.
- Butler - Welcome to Nex, Mandator. Mr. Nenabie will be with you shortly.
- Gelariva - Your welcome is much appreciated. I thank you.
Nenabie, wearing a formal green suit, walked down the main flight of stairs and approached Gelariva. He smiled and with a gesture of his hand, motioned her into his office. Gelariva nodded and walked with Nenabie up into his office. Holding her derss os as not to snag it while walking up the stairs.
- Gelariva - I can see you are a man of exquisite taste, mandator.
- Nenabie - Oh, that's very kind. This home has quite a history, but I'm afraid I have only experienced a small portion of it for myself.
- Gelariva - I have a slight passion for history. I've seen estates as expansive if not more back in the Imperium. Of course that's not why I am here, this world is indeed beautiful nonetheless. It's a shame when the grudges people bear of past events in history tarnish the beauty and worth even the most promising individuals possess.
- Nenabie - Ah, I care not about the size of a home. It is the people inside that counts.
As they entered the office, Nenabie made his way to his seat across a large desk, filled with pictures of his young nephews and nieces, while the walls surrounding them were filled with art pieces depicting historical events.
- Gelariva - Are you a man of history Mr. Nenabie?
- Nenabie - I am a man of the present, Mandator. I learn from the mistakes of history and act based on my findings.
Gelariva sat down on a chair opposite Nanabie, looking out of the window in a somewhat dreamy-eyed fashion.
- Gelariva - A smart man I see. To learn from history, to know how to and how to not judge. We are not entirely like our parents after all.
Nenabie chuckled and offered Gelariva some Trucinex Ale.
- Nenabie - Tell me, why have you honoured me with a visit?
- Gelariva - We are both in a similar predicament, our species have glorious histories, we share grand tales and we are proud of our heritages...something where some in this galaxy seem to ignore. Your people are distrusted for the actions of one politician, a mere spot on your nation's history. Whereas' mine ,despite the work we have done in Cirith Beleg, are looked down upon as barbaric outsiders.
Nenabie shakes his head.
- Nenabie - The insolence! Rest assured Mandator, the majority of my people and indeed most of those in the Empire welcome your kind. Alas, an elitist few seem to work against the path of progress.
- Gelariva - And an empire divided is an empire on the path to ruin. The desires of self-serving polticians is what caused the former "United" Republic to become bloated, fat and useless. I do not want that to happen to our glorious empire! Which is why I came to you.
Gelariva delicately grasped the glass of Trucinex ale and passed the rim of the glass under her top lip before sipping some of it down.
- Nenabie - The Republic had its flaws, Mandator, but I grew to love it. It saved my people and I look back on it fondly. However, I agree with you. The Empire cannot fall under the watch of these so-called politicians.
- Gelariva - We need to show the more ignorant politicians that cooperation is the best way forward for the Empire. Even with former enemies. You grew to forgive the acts of the Republic so why can a few politicians not reciprocate for your peoples' transactions?
- Nenabie - A question I often ask myself Mandator. If you require my aid in ending this shameful attitude, then you have it.
- Gelariva - May the Lifefather bless you for your compassion, Mandator.
- Nenabie - May the One watch over you, Mandator. I hope to be in contact again with you soon.
- Gelariva - Thank you. It gladdens me that not everyone here has discarded their sense of faith. it does have its benefits don't you agree?
- Nenabie - I follow the One's teachings in all things. Without a doubt, it has benefitted me.
Gelariva stood up, taking a few more sips of the Trucinex Ale before placing it on the table. She bowed respectfully as she backed towards the door. Nenabie nodded and continued reading reading his book. Gelariva gracefully left the estate, a sly smile spreading across her face after she made a few paces down from the front door. Back in Nenabie's office, the Mandator scoffed.
Consilium Rei PublicaeEdit
In the days after Count Apaltar of the Republic in Exile contacted Rambo Nation, Empress Ramashe decided to ask her friend Apollo for a favour; to travel to the Exiled Republic and meet with Apaltar, thus ascertaining whether or not he was genuinely seeking peace. As Apollo's shuttle landed, he was greeted by Apaltar, who led him to a dining table. The two leaders began to discuss their grievances, with Apaltar claiming that the Nation didn't trust the Exiled Republic. Apollo however, managed to convince him that because of his friendship with Ramashe and the Rambo people, trust would be gained in time. Apollo also announced his plans to create a New Republic, but stated that it would be impossible without Apaltar's help.
The Count smiled and thanked Apollo in advance for his aid. He admitted he was glad that Apollo survived the Empire's pursuit of him but wondered how it could have happened. Apaltar admitted that in his eyes the Republic lost the Cyrannus Galaxy on the day the Empire rose. For a new Republic they would need the loyal planets in Quadrant 82 to start.
As the two continued to talk about the future, Apaltar raised his glass and once again expressed his thanks to Apollo for helping his people. The former President promised Apaltar that he would try to organise a conference between the powers of the Cyrannia Cluster in order to fully reintegrate those loyal to the Republic with the political affairs of the entire Cluster for the first time in many years. Apollo stood up and shook Apaltar's hand, promising that they would remain in touch. As he began to leave, Apollo promised Apaltar that the Cyrannian Republic, or "Republica Cyrannica" would soon rise again!
- Apaltar: It is an honor to meet you sir! I have heard great stories about the famous President Apollo!
Apollo smiled and shook Apaltar's hand.
- Apollo: It's a pleasure to meet you Count Apaltar!
Apaltar returned the smile and gestured Apollo to follow him into his residence. Upon entering Apaltar and Apollo were guided towards the dinner room and both the Count and Apollo were placed upon a table filled with delicious food and drinks.
- Apaltar: I am pleased you have decided to visit us Mr. President. As you know our position isn't that strong, due to the Battle of Angforst and Adelheidis' politics. As such I am glad that such a foremost person, like yourself decided to honor us with your visit. I know for sure, that with your aid we could have peace with both the Empire and the Nation"
Meanwhile Apaltar brought out a toast to Apollo's health while awaiting his reply. Apollo smiled and took a sip of some wine, returning Apaltar's gesture.
- Apollo: I'm glad you share my point of view, Count. I too see peace with the Empire possible. Perhaps together with the help of our Rambo friends, and our former allies of the Cyrandia Alliance, we can end this dark time for the galaxies and create a New Republic.
Apaltar nodded, but his face suddenly turned grim and he sighed.
- Apaltar: There lies our greatest challenge. Both the Empire and the Nation are not really fond of us. Not to mention that we have heard terrible reports of other dangers looming within Quadrant 82's unclaimed territories. Like an Icolian presence, we hear many rumors about them. As well as rumors of the Jenassian Regency. According to our database they aren't really republic loving. As well as my recent contact with the Empress, recently, it was far from trusting. I really need your help in this Mr. President. I cannot do this alone. And we have to act fast before others will learn of our excistence. As for "our" Rambo allies, I believe only Senator Chuinaylia still is an ally of mine. "
Apollo took another sip of wine and pondered Apaltar's words.
- Apollo - I understand your worries, Count. The Empress is a close, personal friend and I'm sure she'll see that you are genuine in your pursuit for a new Republic. As for the Empire, I have some contacts within it that will help our cause greatly.
- Apaltar - Thank you for your aid, Mister President. I'm so glad that the Empire failed in capturing you. You really must tell me how when we next meet. However, I fear that I have a confession. I believe any hope of starting a New Republic in Cyrannus would be very dangerous. We need to start here, in Quadrant 82.
Apollo nodded and took a sip of wine.
- Apollo - We will need to regain the trust of the natives of the Quadrants. It will no doubt be difficult, but not impossible. I will endevour to work closely with Empress Ramashe and the Rambo people in order to restore a sense of trust between the Nation and any new Republic.
Apaltar raised his glass in appreciation.
- Apollo - I am going to organise a conference between the powers of the Cyrannia Cluster. Hopefully the Empire will agree to attend. We both want the same time, a Republic without a war, and it is through this conference that we shall achieve it.
Apaltar smiled broadly.
- Apaltar - What an excellent idea! It will be the start of a new beginning for our people. You have my complete support.
Apollo stood up and bowed to Apaltar.
- Apollo - Rest assured my friend, the New Cyrannian Republic is not just a fantasy. Before this year is out, Nova Republica Cyrannica will rise.
Apaltar beamed with excitement and promised Apollo that with his help, it was only a matter of time.
Cyranai Contact Edit
After wandering in the Unknown Regions for two months, the remnants of the Dhyrma Collective who had survived the Neraida attack, encountered an Imperial fleet led by Mandator Moch-Na. Upon encountering the unidentified Dhyrma ships, Moch-Na sent a transmission, identifying herself as part of the Galactic Empire of Cyrannus, the largest civilization of the Cyrannus Galaxy. The Dhyrma Head Minister Anavar was immediately intrigued by the existence of a large hyperpower and saw the potential protection it could offer against outside threats, like the Neraida.
Moch-Na also quickly saw use for the large number of Dhyrma ships, which revealed that they held high potential if they were to enter the Imperial shipbuilding industry. She decided to invite the Head Minister and his advisor to land on the nearest Mortalitas colony to discuss terms of supply for the Dhyrma fleet, who's provisions were low after months of wandering.
Upon arrival, the Mandator greeted the Head Minister and they began to talk. Early in on the conversation, the Head Minister asked about Imperial fleets and then proposed that the Dhyrma live in Imperial space. Moch-Na agreed, but she also told the Minister that their safety came at a price, and that the Imperial leaders had come up with a task for them...
The Dhyrma fleet was making it's way through Cyrannus at an agonizingly slow rate, to conserve fuel, but their supplies were running low and Head Minister Anavar became concerned about their few remaining supplies. However, he was interrupted mid-thought by his advisor, who spoke.
- Advisor - Minister, we're getting an alien signature on our short-range sensors.
- Minister Anavar - Are they Neraida?
- Advisor - No, they don't match any known signatures.
The bridge officers and government officials on the Dhyrma Flagship became tense as the signatures neared. Once the ships came into visual range, the Dhyrma received a transmission, which the Minister answered.
- Alien - I am Queen Moch-Na of the Mortalitas. You have entered the space of the Cyrannian Empire, sovereign nation of the Cyrannus Galaxy. State your intentions.
- Minister Anavar - We migrated here from one of the satellite galaxies after we were attacked by the Neraida Gigamatrix, and we have been migrating here for months. Our supplies are running low and we hope that you may be able to spare some food rations.
Moch-Na immediately saw a use for the Dhyrma, as they were obviously shipbuilders, and in their current state, they would hardly be able to refuse any offer she made. She decided to invite the Minister and his advisor to the Mortalitas planet a short distance from their location. There the three of them discussed details of the DHyrma's situation, but the conversation quickly turned towards questions about the Empire.
- Advisor - So, would you say that the Empire holds the largest fleet in this galaxy?
- Minister Anavar - Forgive the intrusiveness of my advisor's question. What he means by that is, could we count on the support of the Empire if we were in need to defend ourselves?
The Mandator smiled, and decided it was the right time to allow the Dhyrma to join the Empire, which would give her more political power than the Corthrinus Emperor, and possibly get her closer to replacing the Saurornithanta as the Grand Mandator of the Unknown Regions.
- Moch-Na - If you were to live in Imperial space, under Imperial rule, you would be quite safe from the Neraida, and we could negotiate an agreement that befits both parties.
- Minister Anavar - And what would you require as payment for this service.
- Moch-Na - I'm sure Imperial command will be able to come up with a task for you...
Diplomatic Encounter Edit
After Apollo met with Apaltar, he decided to meet with former members of the Cyrandia Alliance in the hopes of gaining their blessing to reform the Republic and to invite them to a huge conference to discuss the rebirth of democracy in the Cyrannia Cluster. As Ramashe gave her blessing to Apollo, she commanded Captain Apanoida of the newly launched USS Excelsior to escort Apollo to wherever he needed to go. Ramashe also told her to respect Apollo's advice. Apanoida was delighted to escort Apollo, but didn't really want to await Apollo's "advice" in a combat situation.
To further her uneasy feeling, Apollo "advised" Apanoida and her crew to take him toward the Hutter border. After travelling through the wormhole connecting Quadrant 82 and 89, passing the colonial sector and the K-7 outpost the USS Excelsior approached the Hutter border. Apanoida was on the edge, she didn't like to visit the Hutters- due to the tensions that grew due to the Rambo's "protectorate" status of the Galactic Empire of Cyrannus.
As they neared the Hutter border, two Hutter ships decloaked, followed by a massive Veno'Cha-class, an adversary they couldn't hope to face alone. Just as Apanoida was about to open fire, Apollo interrupted her command and told her to signal the Hutter ship that they were on a peaceful mission and that he wished to speak to the Hutter ambassador. Apanoida looked with at Apollo with annoyance, but remembering Ramashe's orders, she complied and signaled her communication officer to signal the lead Hutter ship. The Hutter ambassador was annoyed that outsiders attempted to cross into their space, but agreed to listen to what Apollo had to say. Apollo managed to convince the ambassador that he came in peace and invited him to represent the Hutter Kingdom at a great Conference of the future of the Cyrannia Cluster. The Ambassador looked surprised and nodded, quickly ending the conversation.
His mission complete, Apollo and the crew of the Excelsior returned to Rambo space.
- Ensign: Captain, two Hutter ships; Raptor class decloaking at our port side!
Captain Apanoida looked surprised. At the same time she was informed that two ships decloaked at the starboard and one straight ahead!
- Apanoida: By the Gods, that is a Veno'Cha class. Red alert, raise the shields! Target the ......
Suddenly, Apollo interrupts her.
Apollo: Belay that order captain! We are not here to wage a battle. We are here to wage diplomacy. Signal the ship that we are on a diplomatic mission and that we mean no harm. I would like to meet with their captain.
Apanoida looked with great disgust at Apollo, but remembering Ramashe's orders, she complied and signaled her communication officer to signal the lead Hutter ship. With shields still down the four raptor classes advanced and locked on to the Excelsior with torpedoes at standby.
- Apollo - No aggressive moves. The Hutters will be suspicious, but we mustn't provoke them.
Suddenly, a gruff voice sounded throughout the bridge and the Hutter captain appeared on the viewscreen.
- Hutter captain: This is Hutter space, you are not welcome here Ramboidaes! We will let you turn around and let you live in honor of our old alliance.
Apollo steps in front of the viewscreen and bows to the Hutter captain.
- Apollo - Greetings. I am Apollo of the Cyrannus Galaxy. I come in peace.
Much to Apollo's surprise the Hutters looked surprised as well. Suddenly the transmission was stopped with the Hutter captain and a new image appeared. That of the infamous Hutter ambassador.
- Ambassador: Greetings Apollo, we will heed your words. Speak swiftly!
- Apollo - Thank you Ambassador. I understand that many of your people hold ill feelings toward the natives of my galaxy when Emperor Tyrómairon usurped power, conquered one of your strongest allies and devastating one of your innocent worlds. I seek a new beginning between our people the likes of which are similar to that of the Cyrandia Alliance of old.
- Ambassador: Ill feelings? He betrayed the entire Cyrannia Cluster with it! Our resistance resulted in the devastation of Tigma IV- billions were lost in a single day by the General Zillum. For a new beginning much have to be done. But in honor of our old alliance, we will meet you in new discussion but we are not sure if we wish to be part of another Cyrandia Alliance.
- Apollo - Zillum is a sinister, evil man. He has long haunted my family and has scared the face of my home galaxy. I hope you realise that the evil actions of the Imperial Cyrannians do not represent those who want to rebuild peace and unity in the Cluster.
- Ambassador - Hmph, very well. We will meet you when required- but no promises given. Now turn around before you are fired upon!
- Apollo - One more thing Ambassador, when the time is right, could you attend a conference of the Cyrannia Cluster at these coordinates?
Apollo pressed a button one of the Rambo bridge stations and a series of coordinates were sent to the Hutter ship. The Ambassador looked surprised and nodded. With it the transmission ended and the four Raptor classes cloaked again.
Apollo turned to Apanoida and breathed a sigh of relief.
- Apollo - That went well.
Apollo's Next MeetingEdit
A week later, Apollo continued making preparations for the upcoming conference with Captain Apanoida in the ready room on board the USS Excelsior. Apanoida began to speak of the Andormaru, a fierce, warlike but honourable species native to Quadrant 21. Apollo began to research these blue-skinned humanoids and eventually settled on trying to meet with them. Luckily, when the Andormaru agreed to host Apollo via transmission, the Excelsior soon began to plot a course to Quadrant 21.
The USS Excelsior flew out of the Quadrant 82-Quadrant 21 wormhole into the Rambo Deep Space Colonial Sector. At high warp, the Excelsior began to travel to the south east of the Quadrant toward Andormaru space. When they arrived, two Andormaru ships came out of warp to meet the new arrival. Once Apollo announced his intentions, Proconsul Tharis agreed to meet him. The USS Excelsior was transported to a nearby outpost where they awaited Tharis' arrival. Upon the arrival of Tharis' ship, Apollo took a shuttle down to dock with it. Upon his arrival, he was escorted by two Andormaru guards to the central meeting room where Tharis was waiting for him.
Upon meeting Tharis the two leaders began to discuss the possibilities of an alliance between their two cultures. Though at first Tharis was sceptical of Apollo, he managed to calm her suspicions with a mix of flattery and charm. Despite not liking alcohol, in order to impress Tharis, Apollo drank an entire cup of the illegal Sepherian Whisky, gaining the Proconsul's respect. To Apollo's delight, Tharis even expressed her desire to join the New Republic and agreed to attend the upcoming conference. The two leaders soon left in peace.
The USS Excelsior flew out of the Quadrant 82-Quadrant 21 wormhole into the Rambo Deep Space Colonial Sector. At high warp, the Excelsior began to travel to the south east of the Quadrant toward Andormaru space. When they arrived, two Andormaru ships came out of warp to meet the new arrival. Once Apollo announced his intentions, Proconsul Tharis agreed to meet him. The USS Excelsior was transported to a nearby outpost where they awaited Tharis' arrival.
Upon the arrival of Tharis' ship, Apollo took a shuttle down to dock with it. Upon his arrival, he was escorted by two Andormaru guards to the central meeting room where Tharis was waiting for him.
- Tharis: Welcome native from Cyrannus. I am Tharis, Proconsul of the Andormaru Empire. I welcome thee and offer you our hospitality.
- Apollo - Thank you for your hospitality, Proconsul. I am Aedanius Cretacea, former President of the Cyrannian Republic.
Tharis looked surprised and took Apollo's presence with a subtle suspicion. Why was a Cyrannian visiting them? Was the Empire after the Andormaru?
- Apollo - I come in peace. I am a member of a movement that seeks to restore democracy to my home galaxy and also to liberate the Rambo from the Empire through peace and negotiation.
- Tharis: Then why meet with us? We are neutral with the Rambo, and have no dealings with your galaxy nor the Empire.
Suddenly, Apollo remembered what Apanoida told him about the Andormaru. They were a proud, rather hostile and bold. Not really the diplomats but they appreciate blunt words and those who stick to the point.
- Apollo - You are strong. Relentless. Proud. I need those characteristics if I can ever hope to achieve my plan for an honourable Cyrannus.
- Tharis: What plan do you need us for?
- Apollo - My plan is to create a new Republic. To do that, I need support from the natives of the Quadrants. You are among the most powerful in Quadrant 21, so logically we seek your help.
Intrigued by Apollo his word she applauded and rose from her chair. Shaking Apollo's hand she promised to aid him in his plan, under the condition that they had something to say about it as well.
- Apollo - I am pleased that you decided to help me. What would you ask me in return?
- Tharis: The option to join your new organisation if we agree with it, as well as the promise and assurances that we will gain important positions as well. The Nation is already large, we wish to join something new. To construct it to both of our desires.
- Apollo - Absolutely. With the Andormaru as members of the New Republic, we will indeed prosper. You have my assurance that your position will be one of strength.
Tharis smiled, a smile of pride and arrogance she walked to a small closet, opening the door she offered Apollo a glass of illegal Sepherian Whisky.
- 'Taris: We imported them from Sepheria, and although forbidden by the Rambo it is quite nice.
Apollo took the glass and downed the whisky in a single gulp.
- Apollo - Ah! A warrior's drink!
Tharis eyes widened, and she expressed her surprise by commenting Apollo on such an act, shortly followed after by a glass of water.
- Apollo - By the way Proconsul. There will soon be a meeting of the Cyrannia Cluster at these coordinates. You are welcome to attend.
Tharis nodded and promised Apollo to be their at the spoken time.
A Costly Mistake!Edit
During the early days of the fourth month of 03 NE, a lone Jenassian Regency cruiser approached their most nothern borders in Cyrannus Galaxy. Intelligence reports indicated that an alien race, identified as the Icolian prevented an expansion of territory of the north. These creatures also seemed to appear near the Jenassian territories in the unclaimed territories of Quadrant 82.
The captain of the cruiser was send to investigate and monitor the border. Unaware of the changing borders the Icolian have (they rotate every few weeks) the cruiser ran upon a cloacked mine. The mine disabled the cruisers engines and long range sensors. Unable to send a distress to the Jenassian command, a sudden Icolian cruiser appeared and gave them two hours to leave their territories or they would be destroyed.
The crew worked hard to fix the engines, but were unable to do so in time. As the two hour limit reached her end, the Jenassian captain decided to take matters in their own hands and fired upon the Icolian light cruiser. It would be his last mistake as four more Icolian ships appeared. The one fired upon began firing torpedoes at the Jenassian cruiser, while the others trapped the cruiser in somesort of energy web. While the Jenassian cruiser was hammered upon, the ship leaked atmosphere and was forced to evacuate. Most of the escape pods were destroyed by the Icolian as well, though some managed to escape back into Jenassian borders where the Icolian did not follow them.
The Jenassian cruiser was destroyed while still trapped in the web and the Icolian left again, the act raised the tensions between the Jenassian and the Icolian even more!
The Emperor and the PresidentEdit
After extending invitations to attend the Cyrandia Conference to most of the major powers of the Cyrannia Cluster, Apollo now faced the ultimate challenge, getting the Emperor himself to give the conference his blessing. After several hours of painstaking attempts to get through to Orbispira, Apollo eventually managed to contact the Imperial Palace. The Emperor sat in his throne room watching the gleaming sunset of Orbispira's sun. Suddenly, a light appeared on his desk, indicating that someone was attempting to contact him. The Emperor activated the holoprojector and an image of Apollo appeared.
Tyrómairon was surprised that Apollo of all people was contacting him and grew perplexed as Apollo began explaining his plans for a conference to reconcile the aspirations of those who wish to reconstruct the Cyrannian Republic and those who wish to continue living under the Galactic Empire. The Oikoumene Emperor was impressed by Apollo's courage in speaking his mind and ultimately agreed to allow the conference to go ahead, admitting that the Imperial hunt for Apollo earlier in the Dark Times was an error. With a weak smile, Apollo ended the transmission.
Suddenly, the Emperor snarled and translocated to his true lair deep in Orbispira's Core. The Dark Lord was greeted by Ekrillium who asked his master about the current situation. Tyrómairon merely told his advisor that he could sense that the single greatest threat to the Plan was about to arise.
Tyrómairon sat in his throne room watching the gleaming sunset of Orbispira's sun. Suddenly, a light appeared on his desk, indicating that someone was attempting to contact him. The Emperor activated the holoprojector and an image of Apollo appeared.
- Tyrómairon - Aedanius Cretacea.
Apollo bowed slightly.
- Apollo - Emperor Tyrómairon, so we finally meet.
- Tyrómairon - What is it you require from the Empire?
- Apollo - I'm organising a conference for all nations of the Cyrannia Cluster to discuss their grievances in the spirit of peace and and how to best reconcile the aspirations of us who wish to see a return to the Republic and those who see the benefits in your Imperatore. To do so, I need your approval.
Tyrómairon looked perplexed.
- Tyrómairon - Curious. You place trust in me?
- Apollo - Absolutely not. I do know however that you desire peace. Even if it is peace under the threat of total annihilation.
- Tyrómairon - You misjudge the Empire. You may disagree with our methods, but we want order, not war.
- Apollo - Very well. So do we. We want to set up a New Republic in peace with our Imperial brothers. But that can only happen if we agree to put aside our differences.
Tyrómairon contemplated Apollo's words.
- Tyrómairon - It was clearly a mistake to hunt you, Libertus. That much is clear. This conference will go ahead, however I fear I will not intend. Potentate Aeresius and Senator Guolivian will go in my stead.
Apollo smiled weakly.
- Apollo - I go in peace. May this be a start to a brighter future for our people.
An Appeal to the SenateEdit
In the aftermath of the formation of the New Cyrannian Republic, Apollo was named as the Proconsul (or chief diplomat) of the new government. However, in the hopes of spending more time with his family, he made his home in the Royal Palace of the Rambo Capital alongside Gorf, the Adjunct, his pet Dvottie Tigarlu and of course his two children, Kara and Laoi. All the while, his relationship with Empress Ramashe only increased. A week after the Republic was formed, President Apaltar asked Apollo to speak before the Rambo Senate in the hopes of reigniting their alliance.
With Ramashe's permission, he was granted the permission to speak before the Senate. As he walked into the Chamber, he bowed out of respect and stood in the centre of the room, and prepared to speak. All fourteen senators were present, as one seat was still vacant. In the centre the Chancellor of the Royal Crown welcomed Apollo within the ancient senate chambers. Ramashe kept in the shadows, together with Ramcard to observe Apollo's plight.
Apollo spoke of the history that the two civilisations shared down the years, fighting alongside each other in the various conflicts the two nations found themselves in. Ramashe smiled behind the wings, Apollo always knew how to start a speech and reach people in their hearts. Various Rambo senators began clapping at Apollo's words, remembering how together they fought against any threat. However, other senators remained sceptical and annoyed by the pain and suffering Cyrannians caused to their nation.
When Apollo finished his speech, many senators rose from their seats and applauded, others however remained grim and looked upon the Proconsul with suspicion. Senators Chuinaylia, Or-Ana and Crecko supported Apollo completely, while others such as Ram'Thandreal recommended them to await proof of his sincerity. In response, Apollo spoke again about the loses he faced trying to reforge the alliance, calming most of the senators.
Many of them looked at eachother, as the decision to make would be as historical as first contact with the CSA years ago, though that time is was captain Rambas, a navy officer who made contact while now an old friend was trying to do so within the Senate. Ramashe sighed, she knew a majority was difficult to reach within the senate about the Cyrannians. It wasn't for nothing the senate decided to wage the Battle of Angforst.
When the time to vote came, Apollo and Ramashe left the Chambers. The senate debated over the acceptance of an alliance for over three hours. Suddenly the doors opened again and the senators left the hall. Some looked angry, especially Senators such as Or-Ana and Aviadactyl. Much to Apollo's surprise Gorubla and Ram'Thrandeal also looked angry when they exited the senate halls. Even the Chancellor of the Royal Crown left the hall with a surprised expression.
Both Ramashe and Apollo turned to the last figure leaving the senate hall, the young Chinawkya senator Chuinaylia approached Apollo and Ramashe with a curious smile on her face. She informed them that the request for the alliance was rejected, but only because the Senate now recognised the New Republic as the continuation of the URC, so therefore the alliance continues. Apollo was overcome with happiness and hugged both Chuinaylia and Ramashe. The young Senator bowed and left Ramashe and Apollo alone.
Pleased with the outcome of the vote, the two leaders walked off hand in hand to the shuttles.
Apollo, having been requested by the new President Apaltar and given permission by his friend Empress Ramashe, prepared to speak before the Rambo Senate. As he walked into the Senate chamber, he bowed out of respect and stood in the centre of the room, and prepared to speak. All fourteen senators were present, as one seat was still vacant. In the centre the Chancellor of the Royal Crown welcomed Apollo within the ancient senate chambers. Ramashe kept in the shadows, together with Ramcard to observe Apollo's plight.
- Apollo: Greetings noble and honourable members of the Rambo Senate. It seems like a lifetime ago that Foreign Minister To-It-Lo of the Capricorn Sector Alliance first sent a transmission to this great nation, which would herald an alliance that would dominate the Cyrannia Cluster.
The senators listened on in interest.
- Apollo - In the intervening time, we have fought alongside each other in conflicts including the Trucinex War, the Second Galactic War, the Intergalactic War and the Great Cyrannus War. We have lived together, died together and brought up families together. We brought order and peace to the Cyrannia Cluster in ways that haven't been seen since the days of the Thirteenth Tribe and the Atlantica.
Ramashe smiled behind the wings, Apollo always knew how to start a speech and reach people in their hearts. Various Rambo senators began clapping at Apollo's words, remembering how together they fought against any threat.
- Apollo - When the URC fell and the Empire rose in its place, you were betrayed by your closest allies in the most dishonourable way possible. I am aware that many of your people still look upon us with suspicion. I imagine many fear a repeat of events that transpired after the Great Cyrannus War, but I assure you, our New Republic is different.
The words were received with complete silence, some senators bent forward, eager to hear more while others crossed their arms in front of them, a sign it still hurt their feelings.
- Apollo - I cannot right the wrongs of the past, but I can hope with all my heart that both our great nations can once again find themselves in the embrace of peace, fraternity and friendship. Our two civilisations are linked at their very core, and it is my hope that we will remain linked. I want to restore the sense of comradery, peace and friendship with the great Nation of the Rambo for the good of all citizens. Thank you for listening.
Some senators rose from their seats and applauded, others however remained looking grim and with suspicion towards Apollo.
- Apollo - If you have any questions, please let them be known.
- Creckbo: Well spoken proconsul, I of the mid colonial sector welcome your kind once again within our sector! Feel free to visit me in Rametru-Nui and we should talk again about your adventures while on the run with some Serindia wine!
- Chuinaylia: "I agree, please fellow senators let us accept this offer of peace and work together like we once did!"
- Or-Ana: "Indeed, let us start over again!"
- Ram'Thrandeal: "Hmpfl, I would prefer caution, Let them earn our respect once more!"
- Adar: "Indeed, as a Libertus myself I must agree with Ram'Thrandeal, let them earn our trust once more before accepting any sort of alliance!"
Aleathria beckoned the senate to silence and gave the word again to Apollo.
- Aleathria: "Please senators, the proconsul wishes to speak again!"
- Apollo - After the fall of the Old Republic, myself and my kin were forced to flee under the threat of the Imperial Navy. We were not driven by a will to conquer, we were driven by our faith in our Cyrandia Alliance. I could have chosen to stay in Cyrannus, but it was the Quadrants where our friends dwelled. It was the goal of reaching you that guided us. I watched my friends... my family... die to reach this goal.
A single tear began to roll down Apollo's cheek, but he wiped it away.
- Apollo - Many of them, including my own wife, did not live to see this day. I do not request an alliance out of my own personal gain, I do it for them. Those who have died throughout the years to serve both our nations in the many conflicts we faced together.
The word calmed down most of the senators. Many of them looked at eachother, as the decision to make would be as historical as first contact with the CSA years ago, though that time is was captain Rambas, a navy officer who made contact while now an old friend was trying to do so within the Senate. Ramashe sighed, she knew a majority was difficult to reach within the senate about the Cyrannians. It wasn't for nothing the senate decided to wage the Battle of Angforst.
- Gorubla: "I understand you burden proconsul of the New Cyrannian Republic. But still, we also lost a lot of good lives when you kind branded us traitors and conquered the Cyrannus colonies."
- Chuinaylia: "That was the Empire, and they gave us back these colonies. Please my fellow collegues, let us work to gether with them like in the old days. It would benefit us all!"
- Aviataryal: "For one I agree with the young Chinawkya senator, my shipyards already recieved orders. Peace is upon us, now let's us make the right decision in favor of Apollo."
- Apollo - With all due respect, Senator Gorubla, you cannot blame an entire species for the actions of a few power-hungry military figures.
The support of the Aviadactyl senator came to a surprise to most of them. As it was well known he was the must stubborn one and was the reason the Battle of Angforst took place. The Chancellor beckoned Apollo to leave the Senate hall, while they talke in private about their decision.
- Apollo - Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak.
Apollo bowed and turned on his heels, walking out of the Chamber. Ramashe approached Apollo and placed her hand on his shoulder.
- 'Ramashe: I am sorry I do not have the authority alone anymore to decide. It is now in the senate, and those politicians do not forget it so easily."
While Apollo waited outside, the senate debated over the accepting of an alliance for over three hours. Suddenly the doors opened again and the senator left the hall. Some looked angry, espacialley senators like Or-Ana and Aviadactyl were not looking all to happy. Mucht to Apollo's surprise Gorubla and Ram'Thrandeal also looked angry when they exited the senate halls. Even the Chancellor of the royal Crown left the hall with a surprised expression.
Both Ramashe and Apollo turned to the last figure leaving the senate hall, the young chinawkya senator Cuinaylia approached Apollo and Ramashe with a curious smile on her face.
- Chuinaylia: "My lady Empress, proconsul Apollo. Believe it or not, the senate has reached an unaminous decision!"
*Apollo - A unanimous decision? That is unusual.
- Chuinaylia: "Indeed, that is why I came to tell it to the both of you, because it was my proposal and all senators agreed. However, I must admit your official offer of an alliance was turned down, however..."
- Ramashe & Apollo: "What?"
- Chuinaylia: "As I said my Lady Empress, there was a however. As the URC and Rambo Nation were an official sister state of eachother, and the Conference widely accepted the New Cyrannian Republic as the successor, the need of a new alliance is not needed as the URC itself never declared war upon the Nation."
Ramashe looked surprised to Chuinaylia and Apollo.
- Apollo - So the alliance continues?
- Chuinaylia: "You are correct proconsul, as the URC never ended our alliance it remains as it was, the senate as well decided that all privileges the URC gained are still in place for the New Cyrannian Republic. I-i can only say welcome back"
Apollo was overcome with happiness and hugged both Chuinaylia and Ramashe.
- Chuinaylia: There is, sadly one side note to this decision wich I was forced to agree as well otherwise we had to start the debate all over again. In the event of a conflicts between the Empire and the New Republic, or the Hutter Kingdom the Nation will take a neutral stance and will be free whether or not to come to your aid."
- Apollo - I will work to ensure that day never comes.
Chuinaylia smiled and bowed her head slightly in honor of Apollo and Ramashe and left the two alone. Ramashe stood perplex, that such a young girl managed to pull this off. Apollo too looked surprised, but began to laugh.
- Apollo - She's a great young Senator! She reminds me of myself when I first joined the Senate back on Capricaerón.
Ramashe smiled and gave Apollo her hand while the two of them walked to the docking ports where their shuttle awaited. It seemed the "alliance" was still in place. Though the senate agreed to it, she knew as Empress she had to work as hard as well to ensure that the Rambo people believed in it as well. Apollo smiled happily and the two leaders walked hand in hand toward their shuttle to the Rambo Capital.
A Discussion with the KingEdit
During the first year of the Dark Times, the planet Nahdar, homeworld of the Mon Nahdar came under attack by a massive Imperial fleet which eventually conquered the peaceful people, brutally establishing a mighty military presence on the planet. King Nabha was given permission to continue serving as king under the threat of his world's annihilation if he should ever rally rebellion against the Empire. Two years later when the New Cyrannian Republic was formed, many Mon Nahdar hoped and prayed that the Republic would send a fleet in an attempt to oust the Empire from the planet.
Nabha knew better. He knew that the New Republic wouldn't dare provoke a war with the vastly more powerful Empire. One day, the King sat in his throne room listening to ancient Nahdarian music and enjoying some fish. Suddenly, a hologram activated on his table, that of Val Niathan, a captain in the New Republic Starfleet. Suthra surprised Nabha by claiming that a plan was now in motion for the liberation of Nahdar, though of course any New Republic involvement would be strictly off the record.
Nabha was initially sceptical but agreed to Suthra's plan nonetheless, jumping at the chance to rid his world of the Empire once and for all. Smiling, Suthra closed the transmission, leaving Nabha to contemplate his words.
Terrorism in TirithsillianaEdit
Rambo Nation her capital city, the city of the Monarchy is known as Tirithsilliana. This ancient and massive city is the capital of the Nation and many species within Rambo Nation call it her home or either visit it.
The city features massive statues, the western docks and ofcourse the Royal Palace. Somewhere within the second week of the fourth month of 03 NE/06 AQF, it was a normal days as always, people entering the western docks to either enter or exit the various passenger liners.
At one of the docks, various citizens awaited the approaching passenger liner who was ready to land into the water. The citizens were overjoyed, as the passenger liner was on time and was on route to somewhere else within the Nation. Shortly before hitting the water an explosion was seen and the passenger liner suddenly gave fire and chrashed into the water. The resulting small tidal wave washed away all the citizens that were waiting, upleveling docked boats and killing most of the citizens and dock workers present.
As the passenger liner lay have under water, the lower decks were floading with sea water, drowning those passengers who were unable to escape or weren't yet killed by the explosion.
Within minutes the emergency services were present, taking care of the wounded or taking care of the fire. While Rambo Command was investigating the matter of how a part of the ship could suddenly explode they came to a surprising conclusion wich was to be revealed later on the holonet. The cause of the explosion was something Rambo Nation never experienced before. That evening, the news reader started the eight o'clock news with the following news:
"Disaster at Tirithsilliana, passenger liner hit by terrorist attack! Killing over 250 innocent citizens!"
The bombing of the passenger liner set in motion the Yudumarth Campaign.
As the Cognatus Empire and Rambo Nation came to a mutual agreement to work together in their understanding of both Atlantica and Oikoumene artifacts, and the cooperation of studying and protecting Aecor - Ramashe decided to release their Cogsangui prisoner as a gesture of goodwill. Forgetting their earlier threat, she offered to exchange the prisoner at the place the Cognatus wished it to be. The Cognatus, pleased the Rambo somehow complied, viewed them as no threat as they were children of the Atlantica, and they themselves were blessed by the Oikoumene. Perhaps it was their destiny to work together, and if it was not suitable anymore they could always wipe out the Rambo if they wanted. Their military wasn't that strong anymore.
At Aecor, Ramashe was surrounded by guards along with the Cogsangui prisoner, who refused to tell anyone his name. Suddenly, a massive Oupavia-class Cognatus battleship, the Light of Intent appeared over their heads. The troopers prepared to beam the Empress up, but a shuttle came from the battleship and landed nearby. Ramashe took a step back, impressed by the massive size of the vessel. Her troopers readied their weapons, not sure if it was wise to let the Monarch herself to do the transfer, but the Cognatus insisted that she had to do it. The doors of the shuttle opened and a massive Cogsangui walked out. He was five metres tall and wearing golden armour.
The figure introduced himself as Imperial Warlord Theu'Vandonee and appeared to act friendly in front of the Serindian Empress. In the name of peace, Ramashe handed over the prisoner they had captured years before, who declared his name as Han'Ateeshe. Ramashe warned 'Ateeshe not to enter Rambo borders and left in her shuttle, waving her hand slightly at Warlord Vandonee, who departed back the the Light of Intent in orbit.
Meanwhile the shuttle of Ramashe took off as well and flew towards the USS Dallas, where Ramcard awaited her. Arriving onboard, Ramashe and Ramcard were informed that something terrible had happened at Tirithsilliana.
Ramashe bowed slightly upon seeing Theu'Vandonee.
Ramashe took a slight bow.
- Ramashe: Welcome at Aecor. I am Empress Ramashe of Rambo Nation, 7th ruler over our Kingdom and I am here to hand over one of your own kind,, as a gesture of peace and continues cooperation between our species"
- Theu'Vandonee - Empress Ramashe. I am Imperial Warlord Theu'Vandonee of the Cognatus Empire. I am pleased that you have decided to hand over our disgraced brother.
- Ramashe: "D-disgraced? I-i do not understand? I thought you wanted to release him as he was a valuable assest to your navy?"
- Theu'Vandonee: He was deprived of an honourable death by your hands. In Cogsangui culture, we would sooner die than to be taken prisoner. However, he will repay his dishonour with the military service he desires.
Ramashe nodded and beckoned her trooopers to lead the prisoner from her Executive shuttle. As Ramashe approached the prisoner, she said.
- Ramashe: "I do not know what will is worse, to be our prisoner or a disgraced officer among your own kind. The best of luck Cogsangui, step ever again within our borders and Ramghatulk will be the least of your problems."'
The prisoner, Han'Ateeshe, growled. Ramashe crossed her arms behind her back and saw her troopers bring the Cogsangui towards Theu'Vandonee. She gave a small hand wave to Theu'Vandonee and boarded her shuttle.
The Awakening of a GodEdit
In the weeks after the Cognatus Empire conquered the species of the Pact, Vos Adamae spent his time endlessly attempting to gain access to the supposed resting place of one of the gods. Aided by hundreds of Hadran-Ari workers and Draiocht scientists, Vos' came closer and closer to unlocking the dreaded secret that lay beyond. As Adamae toiled and toiled, he happened upon a curious symbol, a circular shape divided into four surrounded by a larger circle. Adamae suddenly felt his mind go foggy and became overwhelmed with religious conviction. Pressing the icon, he was suddenly transported to a mysterious construct floating in the darkness of space. Though he expected to float off into the abyss, the power of the gods kept him rooted to the ground.
As he walked along the platform toward the central structure, he found yet another icon, identical to the last. As he approached it, he began to hear voices in his head while strange lights darted around him, enveloping him in a strange aurora. When he got close enough, he placed both hands on the icon and a brilliant lance of light shot off into space. The central structure began to dematerialise, leaving only a pure black sphere, which began to unravel. A large figure appeared in the dissolved sphere. It was vaguely saurian in appearance, but was at least seven metres tall once it got to its feet. A strange armour began to materialise on the figure, who turned around to look upon the one who awakened him.
Adamae fell to his knees, recognising the being as one of his gods, an Oikoumene. The Oikoumene commanded the Cogsangui to rise. Calling himself, the Primercer, he sensed one of his kin was still active. The Primercer began to laugh and translocated both himself and Adamae back to Rossá. The inhabitants of the planet looked on in awe as the Primercer appeared in the blink of an eye in the centre of a major population centre. In the days that followed, the Cognatus Empire began to change beyond recognition as the Primercer and the AI Licent began to assert their divine authority over the zealots. However, the Primercer had only a single being on his mind...
Meanwhile in the secret Mornûnendur headquarters deep below the surface of Orbispira, Tyrómairon's acolytes watched the Dark Lord pace the room. They had never seen him like this. Ekrillium asked his master what had happened, receiving only a single sentence in response.
"Our enemy has returned."
In The Interests Of ScienceEdit
Deep within the unknown regions, on a remote planet far from the borders of the Empire were lifeforms performing a more modest activity. While one by the name of Lumirios Sutorius was overseeing the collection of various plants and insects on this planet, he and his escort were approached by a droid assistant that hovered in front of him and called for his attention. In responding he turned around and accepted a holographic communique with several others of his kind in a distant location. At first he was cheerfully snarky that they had contacted him but news fell quickly on him that an Ancient One had been discoverd in Cognatus space.
With distresss in his voice he asked the droids to join him inside his tent Lumirios was initially furious at the news, as wel las deeply afraid at how this would affect the Cognatus Empire itself. After several minutes of frantic discussion he came to the idea that perhaps the best way to clear the air was a formal visit to Cognatus space. Lumirios was insistent that being a senior Loresage and one of the Orothil'Tastan Hermitage's foremost experts on the ancients he was the best candidate but he was quickly declined when the elders informed him they had someone else in mind, citing he was too important ot risk. The conversation ended when Lumerios was told to pack up his belongings and head back to Fósepist Station, which he begrudgingly accepted.
A droid assistant approaches Lumirios Sutorius as he was overseeing a botanical expeditino to a remote planet. Lumerios turned around and looked at the droid with curiosity
MELOR - Loresage Sutorius, are you occupied?
Lumirios - I was, is this important?
MELOR - Encoded transmission from Fósepist calling for you especially, Loresage.
Lumirios - Activate.
MELOR projected a small hologram of a board of elderly Orothiltastrii that looked at Lumirios with indifferent expressions. He however appeared to produce a wide smirk.
Lumirios - Elders! And to think I could not be reached all the way out here in the remote regions, you must have some important news.
??? - We see you still have that fire, Loresage. But yes, we do have grave news.
Lumirios - Can't it wait elders? I'm on the cusp of a revelation, these plants--
??? - We don't care Loresage.
Lumirios - But...the connections--
??? - We have more pressing matters.
Lumirios - Elders--
??? - One more interruption and you will be recalled back to Fósepist so fast it wil ltear your tail out.
Lumirios growled and flecked his lips. After clenchig his fists he opened his palms.
Lumirios' face dripped in horror at the news, he quivered his jaw for a few seconds before swallowing his fear.
Lumirios - MELOR, please continue the conversation in my tent...please.
MELOR - Of course, Loresage.
Lumirios sealed the door to his composite tent and paced up to the hologram of the elders with a clear scowl.
Lumirios - What in the Anicent's name do you mean there's a "confirmed ancient one"! Because we had all better pray this is a hoax.
??? - No hoax Lumirios. Our agents report the Ancient is seven units tall and posesses an immense aura around himself, measurements are "off the charts" as the operatives report. No known being so far is that powerful.
Lumirios - You're rather hasty jumping to conclusions aren't you?
??? - That's why we need to make a more detailed analysis.
'Lumirios - So what, mroe spy drones? If this is an ancient one don't you think he is going to be a little angry that we skeptics tried to spy on him?
??? - You changed your tone rather quickly.
Lumirios - I have no idea what this is. But if this is an ancient I sure-as-the-abyss do not wan to anger it.
??? - Good. We have convened with each other and believe the best course of action is a diplomatic visit to the Cognatus homeworld.
Lumirios - Then I request to be the hermitage's ambassador. As the spokeman for this council I feel it is my duty for the ancient one to understand what we have been--
??? - Good speech Loresage but you are too valuable to send into the hands of the Cogsangui.
Lumirios - On the contrary I have had much exper--
??? - We are sending someone else. Understood, Loresage?
Lumirios - Fine, who do yo have in mind to dispatch.
??? - We will not divulge that on a remote channel. You are to visit Fósepist and give our chosen envoy the run-down on what she needs to do.
Lumirios - With all due respect--
??? - We are not so old that your implication is not beyond our knowledge Loresage. Return to Fósepist where you will instruct our envoy.
Lumirios - ...Agreed.
??? - Anything else on the matter?
Lumirios - No. Elders.
The hologram switched off and MELOR hovered a little closer
MELOR - Anything I can do, Loresage?
Lumirios - MELOR, catalogue our discoveries and prepare burst-frequency transmissions back ot the archives. Also I require assisitance in packing my things ready for my return to Fósepist.
MELOR - Yes Loresage.
The droid hovered off while Lumirios rubbed the ridges of his snout with his fingers, letting out a heaving sigh with frustration.
Uncle And NieceEdit
Lumerios retunred to Fósepist within the week. The council was in session when he arrived and so in order t owait for them he headed to the outskirts one of the cities his people had built on the surface of the biome. As he looked out another Orothiltastrum approached him carrying a wafer-thin tablet. Lumerios, being a potent psychic, sensed her approached and turned his head to his right, her clay-coloured scales. Lumerios widened his eyes when he recognised Littara, his niece. Embracing her in a wing-aided hug, he learned from her that the Elders had chosen her to travel to the Cognatus Empire in oder to validate the rumours of an Ancient One now leading the empire.
Lumerios was both confused and frustrated with this news. Distrust in the elders building as he learned that they had chosen his next-of-kin for this mission without telling him. Remembering the council's demand he told Littara that he as to be her tutor but suddenly understood why the elders picked her. She was an apprentice Loreseeker and was already displaying rudimentary telepathic potential. Lumerios promised her that he would teach her waht he knew of the Cognatus in order to prepare her for the mission that lay ahead, all the while worried as he knew the price of alling out of favour with the Cogsangui. Worse still he remembered how solidly the Hermitage were declared heretics and wondered how she would get even close to him. He recieved little comfort from her confidence in that she already had an idea.
Lumerios had returned to Fósepist udner the elder council's orders. WHen he learned the council was in session whe nhe arrived he decided to explore and took a transit car to a pavillion outside of a city in one of the tropical biomes. As he observed and reflected, another Orothiltastrum approached him from behind. Sensig her, he turned around and widened his eyes whe nhe recognised her.
Lumerios - Littara! It's been months since I have seen you, how are your studies?
Littara - I'm doing well uncle, Loresage Trastiar says I have a gift.
Lumerios - I see your uncle's charm and potential has rubbed off onto you.
Lumerios embraced Littara in a hug, opening his wings out and surrounding her as he held her tightly. Se reciprocated, having not seeen him in a while.
Littara - How are your studies going uncle? Did you find what you were looking for out there?
Lumerios - ...Not exactly, Littara. The elders called me back saying they were giving me a new assignment.
Littara - Yeah, umm, about that
Lumerios let her go and looked at her with a shocked frown. He backed away while Littara held the tablet in her hands and looked down.
Lumerios - You...the council chose my own niece to travel to Cognalorilos to meet the surfaced Ancient One!
Littara - A-ancient One?
Lumerios - You haven't heard?
Littara - Well...Loresage Trastiar has kept me busy, i haven't been checking the news recently. Lumerios - An ancient one has placed itself in charge of the Cognatus Empire, Littara! A real Ancient One, in the flesh, this is a sign I am sure of it!...If he really is an ancient.
Littara - Wh-when did this happen?
Lumerios - It's why i'm here. The elders wanted me to teach you what you needed to know for your mission to Cognalorilos
Littara - A-a bit in the deep end isn't it?
Lumerios - When did they pick you for this mission?
Littara - A week-and-a-half ago?
Lumerios stepped further back and approached the railig. He rested his hands against it and breathed deeply with frustration. After a few deep breaths, he angle his head to look at Littara, being in training to become a Loresage, she could feel a sense of fury in him from a connection deeper than any social bond they had.
Lumerios - A week. And a half. I can't believe they went behind my back like this! Two offences in one move!
Littara - Uncle, it's okay. If the council wishes for me to do this then I will do it. Maybe it's a sign, maybe this is the beginning of the revelation, what the ancients planned all along?
Lumerios - It's not "okay", Littara. They have decided to put you in harm's way without even consulting me. I'm your uncle for the ancients' sake, why would they keep such information hidden!"
Lumerios took several deep breaths and turned around. He stepped forward and rested a hand on her shoulder, she felt a tingle as he tried to connect with her.
Lumerios - My brother may not be me, but in a way you carry a part of who I am. We share a spark though our genes. I'll...I'll try and trust what the elders have decided. Even if I'm one of them.
Littara - Do you think that's why the elders chose me? Because I share a part of you through bloodlines?
Lumerios - Perhaps. It could be they wanted me, knew I was too vital to the Cognatus being the council's representetive, so they tried a next of kin.
Littara - YOur'e worried for me aren't you?
Lumerios - Of course I am. I don't want any harm to come to you.
Littara - My mentor told me they could be cruel and barbaric, open to causing great suffering.
Lumerios - The council assigned me to teach you all that you need to know. When we are done, you shall be ready, I promise.
Littara - Well...I already have some idea how to get past them.
Lumerios - "Having some idea" isn't going to save you from public execution.
Littara - I know just...trust me.
Littara nodded and smiled, Lumerios gave a heavy sight, tilted his head to look at her and then embraced her in another hug before both of them turned to the landscape. Littara lifted her tablet computer to show Lumerios what she had been working on when she saw him.
Contact with the Star EmpireEdit
In the months following the creation of the New Cyrannian Republic, President Apaltar began to send out exploratory starships into the mysterious Odysseia Region of the Cyrannus Galaxy in the hopes of surveying potential worlds on which to establish a new capital for the Republic. One of the captains assigned to this very important mission was the young Ortella captain Henry Walter, commander of the CRS Nova. While captaining the Nova in Odysseia, his science officer detected unusual energy signatures emanating from a nearby solar system. As he was on a mission of exploration, he decided to investigate. When the Nova dropped out of hyperspace, it detected none of the unusual energy signatures that attracted them to the system.
Suddenly, to the aft of the Nova, a green vessel decloaked and charged its shields and weapons. In the hopes of not provoking the aliens within, Walter opened communications. The captain of the alien vessel introduced himself as Subcommander J'Rex of the Regellis Star Empire. J'Rex claimed that the Nova had violated Regellis space and demanded that the "democratics" leave immediately lest they face the firepower of the Regellis fleet. The subcommander then closed the channel and fired a warning shot at the Nova. Captain Walter was nearly thrown off his seat by the blast and ordered his tactical officer to aim for the weapon systems of the Regellis Warbird. To Walter's shock, the shields of the warbird held while three more Regellis ships arrived in the system on a direct course for the Nova.
With his shields failing, Captain Walter ordered his navigational officer to plot a course out of the system in the hopes of informing Republic Command about this new threat to peace in the region.
Deep within the Core of the Imperial capital planet of Orbispira, the acolytes of the Mornûnendur watched and waited for the time to strike against the arisen Primercer, who had returned several weeks beforehand. Tyrómairon remained locked away in his lair, no doubt formulating a plan that would see the permenent end of this would-be antagonist. Three acolytes had gathered, Meketanor, Vandorallen and Agonânghâsh, the most powerful of them all. In a dark flash, Mormuadáin appeared before the acolytes, prompting Meketanor and Vandorallen to bow their heads in respect. With a gesture of his hand, Mormuadáin demanded the full attention of his master's followers. Communicating non-verbally, Mormuadáin informed the acolytes that their mission was to test the power of the Primercer by challenging him to battle. Fuelled with unlimited conviction to serve the Dark Lord, the acolytes translocated in tandem to Cognalorilos, capital of the Cognatus Empire and throne world of the Primercer.
A trio of Cogsangui guards witnessed the acolyte's arrival and fired upon the "demons" with plasma rifles. The beams ricocheted harmlessly off the acolyte's skins, being redirected into nearby buildings, plunging them into frightful blazes. Meketanor raised his right hand, telekinetically lifting the three guards into the air before slamming them into the ground with a mighty thud. Led by Agonânghâsh, the other two followers of the Dark Lord fell into formation behind him as they made their way to the central palace in which the Primercer dwelled. Surprisingly, they faced no more Cogsangui opposition as they made their way forward prompting the acolytes to realise that an obvious trap had been laid before them. Nevertheless, they continued onwards. Suddenly, a beam of purple light shot out from the darkness. The beam hit Vandorallen directly in the chest, flinging the Libertus backwards. Just as he was about to hit the wall, he translocated into nothingness before re-materialising a few metres in front of Agonanghash with a spherical construct clenched in his hand.
The acolytes immediately recognised it as the Oikoumene artificial intelligence designated "Licent", the same intelligence who ousted Moranonúngur several months prior. The AI lit up, causing a massive explosion that blasted Vandorallen and Meketanor away while Agonânghâsh defiantly remained standing, unmoved by the titanic explosion. All around him, air became compressed as the most powerful of the acolytes unleashed his power. As Vandorallen and Meketanor watched on in awe, it was as if Agonânghâsh had become a personified black hole, with everything in the vicinity being drawn violently closer, leaving only dust. With a dreadful screech, Agonânghâsh unleashed all this built up energy, disintegrating the Licent instantaneously.
However, ahead of the acolytes a massive figure approached. At first, Meketanor believed that it was Tyrómairon, though it soon became clear that it wasn't. The Primercer was flanked by two Cogsangui guards who charged at the acolytes filled with religious fervour, however they were no match for Meketanor's blades. The three acolytes converged on the Primercer. The ancient Oikoumene raised his hand, forming a bright ball of light. The light exploded outwards, forcing Meketanor and Vandorallen to translocate back to Orbispira while onlyAgonânghâsh remained, though he was forced to his knees. Walking closer to the defeated acolyte, the Primercer spoke of the inevitable defeat of Tyrómairon and the re-establishment of Oikoumene rule of Cyrannus. He picked up Agonânghâsh by the neck, mistakenly believing that his prey was vanquished. In his piercingly loud voice, the acolyte warned the Primercer that resistance against his master was ultimately futile before violently translocating back to Orbispira, the force of which knocked the Primercer back slightly.
Though this first battle had ended, this ancient struggle had only just begun...
As the Outer Rim War continued between the Empire and the remnants of the Confederacy, Imperial Admiral Zillum was reassigned from the Quadrant Galaxies to lead the assaults on the Confederate rebels hiding in star clusters on the very edges of the Outer Rim. According to the Emperor himself, the Imperial Admiral's target was the defective Adelphi Mandator Mich'Lea who switched sides earlier in the year. Using his underworld connections, Zillum managed to track down a Tra'ssahk bounty hunter called Krassh, who had dealings with Mich'Lea in the past. Within two hours of his discovery, Imperial agents apprehended Krassh and brought him to the bridge of the Executor, where Zillum awaited him.
Zillum scrutinised the captured Tra'ssahk and began to circle the bounty hunter like a shark on the hunt before lurching forward, grabbing Krassh by the neck. The helpless hunter pleaded for his life. Zillum simply responded that the pain would end once he revealed the location of Mandator Mich'Lea. At first, Krassh refused to answer, though his non-cooperativeness was soon eliminated when the Imperial Admiral strengthened his grip on his neck. As the Imperial officers on the Executor's bridge watched on, Krassh uttered a single word, "Odysseia" before finally succuming to the Imperial Admiral's might.
Zillum tossed Krassh's corpse to the floor and ordered his helm officer to set a course to Odysseia at full speed.
Not long after her talk with her uncle, Littara journeyed towards the Cognatus empire in order to verify the nature of the Primercer. As the Archon's Wisdom (the ship she had chartered for the voyage) neared the territory of the Cognatus Empire it was intercepted by a Cognatus vessel piloted by Shiplord, Rtas'Shagili.
Thellanios, the Templar in command of the Archon's Wisdom prepared to discuss calmly with the Shiplord, insistent on his ship's mission until Littara had noticed though extra-sensory means that there was trouble on the command deck and interrpted the talk, insisting she took over the discussion.
Several minutes of talking proved fruitless. Despite the compromises Littara was willing to undergo - including a willingness to accept execution should the Primercer not want to see her - the Shiplord was adamant that no one aboard the Archon's Wisdom was worthy of seeing the Primercer or traveling to the capital. As Littara was about to give up, the Shiplord's image vanished, replaced with a tall capricornian creature. Littara recognised him by the armour he wore and the entire command deck crew kneeled in respect.
The Primercer promised enlightenment to the Hermitage as well as an end to the years of animosity and distrust between them and the Cogsangui. Upon studying her and her words, the Primercer agreed on Littara's request to return to Fósepist Station and spread the news of what he had decided, even planning to visit the station himself in due time. After signing off, Littara gave the word to the crew of the Archon's Wisdom to return to Fosepist post-haste.
Littara was a passenger onboard a Kel'Tiria-class vessel "Archon's Wisdom" bound for the territory of the Cognatus Empire. Littara herself was in her wuarters reading, sharpening her memory on Cognatus customsas they approached the Empire's border. Suddenly, off the bow of the "Archon's Wisdom", a purple lance of energy came streaming across space, dangerously missing the ship itself. A warning shot. Two bulbous ships dropped their cloaks and hailed the ship. Bracing himself. Captain Thellanios, a ranking member of the Truthkeepers and captain of the ship curled his back upper lip and stood up, rolling his shoulders.
- Thellanios - Helm answer their hail.
A Cognatus Shiplord, Rtas'Shagili, clad in white armour appeared on the main viewscreen.
- Rtas'Shagili - This is Shiplord Rtas'Shagili of the Fervent Devotion. What business do you have in Cognatus space?!
- Thellanios - 'I am Korvonhii Thellanios of the Archon's Wisdom. My business is in transporting a diplomat to his majesty the primercer. My elders within the hermitage desire his audience.
- Rtas'Shagili - You would presume that your heretical elders are worthy of the Primercer's attention?
- Thellanios - We serve the same masters, Shiplord and--.
Thellanios grunted as his chair signalled a request for communication from one of the lower decks. He sighed and lazily walked over pressing a button and activating a hologram of Littana.
- Littara - Apologies sir, but I am more qualified to speak on behalf of the council than my escort.
- Rtas'Shagili - Speak and I will listen.
- Littara - Shipmaster. You may deem us heretics but in tuth we serve the same beings; the ancients who shaped this galaxy in ages past. We have all felt their touch, you have been fortunate enough for one to return and lead you. Surely it is the ancients' word who sees them and who doesn't? Allow me t otravel to the most sacred Cogmalerios. I ask you present me to the Primercer and see if he deems me worthy of being withi nhis presence. If he does not, I shall comply with whatever sentencing you deem fit.
- Rtas'Shagili - The Primercer has recognised us, the Cognatus Empire, as the only true followers of his way. In any case, we are not in the habit of allowing heretics access to our homeworld.
- Littara - I understand your distrust, shipmaster.
'Shagili held up his finger.
- Rtas'Shagili - Shiplord.
- Littara Apologies, Shiplord. But if it helps I will gladly visit your world with an open mind. All I ask is this one request. If the Primercer is as disinterested in the Hermitage as you say, then I will gladly accept whatever fate you deem fit for befouling your homeowrld.
Thellanios kept silent, but his expressions belied this; indicating rising levels of frustration on his face while Littara was almsot pleading in her body language, her tail hanging low as she looked apologetically at the Shipmaster though the hologram. 'Shagili clicked his mandibles and spoke again.
- Rtas'Shagili - You will not gain access to our homeworld. The Primercer is our sovereign and my decision is based on his teachings and the teachings of my forefathers throughout history.
- Littara - Is there nothing I can do? No plea for repentance, no request for forgiveness from him or you? Nothing at all?
Suddenly the image of 'Shagili disappeared, replaced by a large Capricyránae figure, adorned in an ancient armour. The Primercer. Littara's jaw dropped and she lowered herself to one knee. Her status indicated for the rest of the crew on the bridge to do so as well, all of them lowered their heads.
- Littara - Ancient one, on behalf of my elders, I thank you for this audience.
The Primercer's voice was soft, but filled the room nonetheless. He spoke in the tongue of the Hermitage.
- Primercer - Speak children. What would you ask?
- Littara - We...we seek guidance. For millenia we have kept vigil of your secrets. Studying them, learning from your understandings. It has been a long but glorious task but now I wask; what lies in store for us Ancient One?
- Primercer - Enlightenment, young one. Despite your outward relations with the Cognatus, there is much that can be learned from the other. You are as one.
- Littara - My elders sent me to make contact with you. The Cognatus were enlightened by what you had left for them. But my kin, Ancient, were touched by you, our very composition written and altered by your sciences. You also blessed us with Fosepist; a construct built in a time we do not know of for a purpose we wish to understand. I speak for all the hermitage when I say we do wish to truly become as one.
- Primercer - Fosepist. I will travel there to address your leaders. Today is the dawn of a new era for both the Cognatus and your people.
Littara smiled eagerly and cheerfully as she looked up at the Primercer.
- Littara - Thank you ancient, I shall return to Fosepist at once to report the news! Allow me to be your herald, my ancient.
- Primercer - You go with my blessing.
- Littara - I shall my lord, thank you.
The transmission ended between the two ships and everyone onboard the Archon's Wisdom stood up. Littara turned to her captain with a firm look on her face.
- Littara - You heard the Primercer's request Korvonhii, set reverse course for Fosepist. We must prepare for his arrival at once.
Thellanios nodded and sat back down in his chair with a begrudging nod and ordered the ship's helmsman to return to Hermitage space with maximum speed. They had wondrous news to deliver.
Uprising of NosisoEdit
After the Second Battle of Nosiso during the third year of the Great Cyrannus War, the insectoid natives of the dusty planet were forced to flee deeper into their home planet's endless caverns, fleeing from the relentless Imperial warmachine. However, much of the planet's population that lived on the surface were conscripted into what was essentially slavery, being shipped across the galaxy to serve their Imperial masters. The growing resentment harboured by many Nosisans over the Empire soon came to the attention of Taros Cassynder, who sought to use it to his advantage...
- Sowing Rebellion
Using secret hyperspace lanes provided by the Panthrea Slaver Guild, Taros Cassynder, the leader of the Confederacy of Free Planets secretly piloted his personal shuttle into the Outer Rim, where he eventually arrived in the Nosiso System. The desert planet below was under light protection from a single Imperator-class Star Destroyer, two Venator-class Star Destroyers and various other support craft. General Cassynder slumped into his seat and sighed. His plan was risky, yet imperative for the continuation of the Confederate cause. Swooping below the Imperial sensors, Cassynder's shuttle headed for the northern plateau, an area known to be devoid of Imperial forces. When it landed, Cassynder stepped out of the shuttle and surveyed the environment. The limitless desert of sand stretched for as far as the eye could see, interrupted only by large, protruding rocks.
Suddenly, the sand before Cassynder parted, revealing a deep cavern. In a scene that would surely frighten most Cyrannian children, dozens of insects flew out of the cavern, aiming their blasters at the unexpected arrival. Though unnerved, Cassynder stood his ground and watched as the angry Nosisans took up positions surrounding the Adlapuspino. Cassynder raised his hands as a gesture of peace, which was returned by a large Nosisan who apparently served as the leader of the group. The Nosisan leader identified himself as Nak'kak'chish, a local militia leader against the Imperial occupation. The Confederate leader's mouth curved into a smile and he began to speak of his galactic rebellion against the Empire. By the time Cassynder had finished his speech, Nak'kak'chish agreed to aid him in an effort to liberate the planet.
- Surprise Attack
Two hundred kilometres away from the site on which their alliance was formalised, Cassynder and Nak'kak'chish spotted an Imperial patrol made up of a single Imperial Light Walker flanked by a dozen Imperial Wardroids, some of Vartekian design. Cassynder watched as the Imperial squad entered their trapzone, a small canyon surrounded by large boulders. With a nod of his head, Cassynder sent a signal. From the boulders, dozens of Nosison warriors emerged and began to fire on the Imperial forces below. Taken by surprise, the robotic warriors of the Empire fired at the relatively weak insectoid bodies which began to explode when hit by blaster fire. However, when one Nosisan fell, two took its place.
Cassynder watched the nearby cliff, smirking at the effectiveness of his plan. One by one, the Imperial droids began to fall to the swarming insects while the Imperial Walker tried in vain to kill the attacking rebels. Within fifteen minutes, the walker finally collapsed under the native's firepower, ending the brief but bloody skirmish. Though Nak'kak'chish was saddened by the death of so many of his warriors, Cassynder was pleased that phase one of his plan was executed successfully.
- Atmosphere Assault
High in orbit around Nosiso, the Imperial Fleet under the command of Captain Prentus began to receive the status reports over the ongoing rebellion on the planet's surface. Prentus watched with disgust as the primtive natives on Nosiso's surface systematically gained victories over the more advanced Imperial forces. Because Imperial ships lack command chairs, Prentus stood with his arms folded, barking out commands to his officers. When a report came in regarding a terrorist explosion on a ore-processing plant, Prentus ordered his flagship the Accuser into position over the planet's capital city. Just as it was about to order a base-delta-zero on the planet's surface, a fleet of ships dropped out of hyperspace.
The bridge of the Accuser was rocked by explosions as the Confederate ships unleashed their full arsenal against the Imperial fleet. However, Prentus is not known for making mistakes in battle and within seconds concentrated the Accuser's firepower on a nearby Confederate frigate, destroying it instantly. However, under the heavy firepower of the more numerous rebel ships, Prentus was forced to make an emergency jump into hyperspace, just as a nearby Venator-class Star Destroyer exploded under the Confederate's attack.
Meanwhile, on the planet's surface, Cassynder let out of gruff laugh. With the bulk of the Empire's forces engaged in the far side of the galaxy, any attempt to reclaim the planet would be illogical. However, with the remaining Imperial forces being destroyed by the Nisisans and their Confederate allies, Nosiso was now the newest member of the Free Planets.
During the Trucinex War decades before the rise of the Empire, a mysterious virus managed to infect the water supply in areas of the Trucinex homeworld of Nex resulting in the Trucinex mutating into the dreaded "Viralnex", mindless killers who maimed and murdered everything in their insidious path. However, thanks to the timely arrival of the allies of the Capricorn Sector Alliance, the creatures were ultimately killed off. However, years later the saga of the Viralnex would continue...
- Back to Nex
Deep in the southern swamps of Nex, massive craters from the allied bombardment at the end of the Trucinex War dominated the landscape. The city of Coconex once stood high above these swamps before falling to the ground under the intense heat of battle. Now, nobody lived here. Nobody except a lone scientist, eking a living amongst the primitive animals and plants. Orthonex was once the Nex Prophet's most trusted adviser in the days before the war even began, designing biological weapons that could be used in the coming battle. As the Trucinex War dragged on however, he was approached by a mysterious female figure, surrounded by intense light. The figure handed Orthonex a vile of pitch-black liquid that looked rather like oil. She instructed him that the liquid was to be inserted into the water supply, a task that the mad scientist agreed to do. And so, the brief reign of the Viralnex began, a reign cut short by the meddling of both the government of Nex and their new enemies.
Driven even more mad, Orthonex escaped the persecution of war criminals after the war ended, becoming a hermit in the swamps, quite unaware of the various events happening around him. And then one day, the mysterious figure returned. The humanoid female gave Orthonex not one, but ten, vials of the liquid and told him to release it much the same way as before, but this time on all Trucinex worlds within a five light-year radius. Elated with the chance to regain his honour, Orthonex agreed, setting into motion events that he couldn't possibly comprehend...
- Fall of a Mandator
In his office in the Trucinex capital city of Trucinico, Mandator Nenabie sat in his office overlooking the city. It was a quiet night with only the occasional lapping wave on the city's shores making any noticeable sound. Though past midnight, the Mandator had much paperwork to do in response to a proposed expansion of the Imperial Fleet in the Nex Sector. Suddenly, a hideous snarl erupted from the empty streets below. Alarmed, Nenabie walked over to the window. In the street below, the Mandator believed that he saw a shadow behind a nearby building, only to dismiss it as a trick of the mind. As he began to walk over to his desk, a massive dark beast jumped through the open window and attacked him from behind. The last thing the unfortunate Mandator saw was a black substance leaking from the monster's mouth before his assailent finished the job with a swift bite to the jugular.
Orthonex, flanked by two more of the beasts strode in the door of Nenabie's office. Addressing them as his Viralnex warriors, the fiendish scientist tossed Nenabie's body out the window and took his throne. Sending a transmission to the Empire, Orthonex claimed that Nex was no his and its population were his hostages. Should any attempt at invasion be attempted, all life on the planet would be eliminated. As the planet's new leader sat on his throne, all around the city below citizens screamed as the Viralnex claimed the capital as their own.
- Imperial Intervention
In Nenabie's former office, Orthonex smirked as he sat on his throne. Though the Viralnex infestation on Nex was limited to the capital city of Trucinico, on five other colony worlds the situation was far more serious. Suddenly, the large holographic display unit on the wall burst into life showing a realtime view of the orbit of the planet. The mad scientist smiled when he saw an Imperator-class Star Destroyer, the Accuser, hanging in space. The angry face of Captain Gaius Prentus suddenly appeared, demanding that Orthonex turn himself over to Imperial authorities or be destroyed. Cackling, Orthonex threatened to unleash the virus upon the entire planet should the Imperials try anything. Suddenly, Prentus closed the transmission, interrupting Orthonex in mid-sentence. Abruptly, massive explosions rocked the city causing the Viralnex warriors to snarl at the heavens as massive streaks of green lights fell from the sky, incinerating buildings and boiling the very ground on which they stood.
Orthonex did not expect the Imperials to react in such a devastating way. As he looked out the window, he saw his precious viral soldiers incinerated under the intense Imperial bombardment. Without delay, Orthonex ran toward his personal speeder docked on a balcony outside the office. As he sped away from the ruined city, Orthonex could hear the pained cries of his minions bringing tears to his eyes. Half an hour later, the speeder touched down outside the mad scientist's hidden lab. As he walked in, everything went black and he suddenly felt the presence of beings behind his back...
Orthonex turned on his heels quickly. Before him stood two frightning beings, tall, slender and gray with piercing black eyes that seemed to invade Orthonex's thoughts. Though he tried to move, he found that he was paralysed. Though he tried to speak, he could not. One of the beings tilted its head slightly and both disappeared, with Orthonex along with them. Five days later, Imperial forces recaptured Nex and managed to capture the majority of the remaining Viralnex for testing. Meanwhile, Imperial authorities could find no trace of the mad scientist who engineered the outbreak though the story of Orthonex or his mysterious benefactors is far from over...
Since the awakening of the Primercer, Tyrómairon, Dark Lord of the Mornûnendur, began to seek more acolytes with which he could secretly maintain order across his galactic dominion. Not content with maintaining only a handful of these shadowy agents of the Mornûnendur, the most powerful being in the cluster instead plotted the expansion of his ranks...
Deep in the Outer Rim, the shadowy planet of Pythonissam hung against the blackness of space. In the northern continent's dense fog-covered forests, the light of the planet's primary was beginning to sink below the horizon, casting an eerie green light on the surface of the forest. Three female humanoids watched as the primary finally disappeared from view. Gathered around the green flame of a fire, the humanoids began to circle the hearth chanting in their alien language.
As they chanted, the leader of the group began to pour a thick purple concoction into the pit while one of her followers threw what appeared to be remains of animals and plants into the flames which suddenly flickered out of light. The three witches broke off their incantations and whispered "something wicked this way comes" in unison. From behind a nearby tree, a tall being emerged from the darkness.
Instead of attacking, the witches bowed slightly to the Dark Lord. Tyrómairon dismissed their greeting and claimed to have come for what is his. The lead witch regarded Tyrómairon for a moment and began to chant once again. The green flames of the fire re-emerged from the nothingness and danced in tandem to the mystical voices of the witches. Once their chanting was completed, a humanoid formed coalesced from the flames before taking shape at the feet of the Dark Lord. Garbed in advanced Mornûnenduran armour, Cythonia bowed to Tyrómairon and pledged her undying loyalty to him. The Dark Lord simply nodded, apparently conveying a command to his new follower. Cythonia quickly nodded and turned towards her fellow witches. Without warning, the young acolyte unleashed torrent after torrent of electricity from her fingers. The three witches were powerless to resist and by the time Cythonia relinquished the sparks, her creators were charred corpses.
Deep in the Outer Rim of the galaxy, a lone and ancient starship floated in the darkness of space. Adrift for thousands of years, the dark vessel's life support was still active, though only barely. Streaking out of hyperspace, an Imperial shuttle circled the vessel twice before finally the Emperor himself translocated himself to the abandoned ship. The Dark Lord tilted his head from side to side, fully taking in all the information he could from the environment. The room was bleak, cold and filled with cryogenic chambers most of which contained dead vaguely reptilian humanoid corpses. One of the chambers however was still active, concealing a living being.
With a wave of his hand, Tyrómairon opened the chamber which quickly thawed. Stepping out of the chamber was a tall crimson humanoid with intense red, reptilian eyes. The being regally genuflected before Tyrómairon upon realising that one of his very gods stood before him. Addressing the being as "Venatorius", Tyrómairon commanded him to rise, informing him about the history of the galaxy since the fall of his people's empire. Claiming that he some use for Venatorius, master and acolyte translocated off the abandoned ship and headed towards known space.
- Phraedric Rise
Deep in the core of Orbispira, the acolytes had gathered, joined by Ekrillium and the Dark Lord himself, Tyrómairon. Many of the acolytes watched in confusion as two new followers of the ancient ways joined the gathering deep under the surface of the city planet. One, a female humanoid named Cythonia took her place beside Mezzadriel, while the other excuded a strong sense of authority over the others, with the exception of the Mornûnenduran Lords themselves and the most powerful of the acolytes, Agonânghâsh. Venatorius eventually stopped before the ancient Mornûnenduran throne and bowed toward Tyrómairon, who scrutinised his acolytes closely.
As Tyrómairon spoke, the acolytes listened closely as the Dark Lord conveyed his plans for his closest disciples. Instead of being known as acolytes, they would become Phraedra, a title used by an ancient empire influenced by the Mornûnendur several thousand years ago. Where there were once only under a dozen acolytes, now there would be hundreds at every echelon of society across the Gigaquadrant, influencing and inventing the future as Tyrómairon saw fit. The Dark Lord went on to claim that the first task of the Phraedra would be the disruption of the Primercer, who continued to consolidate his strength in the unknown regions. When the Dark Lord finished speaking, he had one final decree: to find and recruit new members.
After the Republic Remnant was absorbed into the Empire, the former leader of the Cognatus Remnant, Voro Acetenus went into hiding on the endless city planet of Orbispira, seeking refuge in at the roots of the planet's mighty towers. Evading Imperial forces as well as the local police, Voro Acetenus eventually happens upon a busy cantina, heralding the beginning of the rest of his life...
- Trouble with the authorities
Deep in the underworld of the Imperial Capital Planet of Orbispira, Voro Acetenus sat alone in a dimly lit cantina, a hood over his head to hide his identity as a Cogsangui. Though the Intergalactic War was long over, his people's actions against the Republic during it still left a quite a degree of hate directed toward his species. Since he became an exile of the Cognatus Empire and after evading the Empire after the Republic Remnant, Voro remained on the endless city planet, hiding in plain sight from the Imperial authorities. From his perch in the corner of the cantina, Acetenus's eyes darted across the room for potential threats. Though the cantina was full of dozens of species of aliens, one stood out. A female Listhar was sitting at the bar, her bright red eyes staring directly at the hooded former Cognatus leader.
In the hopes of not drawing attention to himself, Voro sunk his head and began swirling his drink with one of his talon-like fingers, aware all the while that the Listhar was nonchalantly approaching him. As she grew closer, Voro placed a hand on a dagger underneath his cloak, ready to pull it out on a moment's notice. The Listhar stopped at Voro's table and sat down, holding a handgun underneath the table, pointed directly at the Cogsangui fugitive. Introducing herself as Agent Agrehele, the Listhar smiled deviously, placing Voro under arrest in the name of the Empire. Formulating a plan in his head, Voro nodded silently and began to walk out of the cantina onto the street outside, where two Orbispiran Constabulary Speeders awaited the Listhar agent and her prize.
Just as Agrehele was about to place a restraining bolt on the Cogsangui, Voro lept into the air, pulling out his dagger and slashing the agent's face, causing her to fall to the ground in pain. The officers of the Constabulary quickly began shooting blaster bolts at the fugitive, with one lucky hit blasting into Voro's right leg. Seeing no other opinion, Voro endured the extreme pain and rushed forward, decapitating one of the attacking officers and pushing another down a bottomless chasm of the city planet. Climbing into the police speeder, Voro sped off into the distance, with the forces of the Empire close behind.
- Unlikely Allies
As Voro Acetenus sped through the strrets and chasms of the Orbispira, he suddenly came to a swift stop on an empty pier on which stood an abandoned warehouse. Parking his stolen speeder, Voro placed a hood over his head, looked around suspiciously and entered the warehouse. As he made his way into the dark interior of the building, he noticed several Cocon Cats fighting over a scrap of meat. Clicking his mandibles calmly, Voro moved deeper inside the building. Suddenly he felt a presence behind him. Placing a hand on his blade, Voro turned his head only to see the barrel of a plasma blaster. To his surprise, the figure was a Paladian, a race rarely seen outside their native Borealis Galaxy. The Paladian threatened Voro when suddenly, another figure emerged from the darkness.
As she walked into the light, Voro saw her pretty, blue face and pair of head-tails. Clearly a young female Alavar. Voro recognised the figure as Corva, a young smuggler that he hired the previous day to take him off-world. Corva commanded the Paladian, who she identified as Tyronius, to sheath his gun, telling Voro that due to the difficulty of securing passage off Orbispira that her fee would need to be doubled. Reluctantly, Voro agreed and the trio proceeded to make their way to the transport ship.
The continuation of Voro's story can be seen in Right Behind You
As Voro Acetenus sped through the strrets and chasms of the Orbispira, he suddenly came to a swift stop on an empty pier on which stood an abandoned warehouse. Parking his stolen speeder, Voro placed a hood over his head, looked around suspiciously and entered the warehouse. As he made his way into the dark interior of the building, he noticed several Cocon Cats fighting over a scrap of meat. Clicking his mandibles calmly, Voro moved deeper inside the building. Suddenly he felt a presence behind him. Placing a hand on his blade, Voro turned his head only to see the barrel of a plasma blaster. To his surprise, the figure was a Paladian, a race rarely seen outside their native Borealis Galaxy.
- Palavian: I wouldn't bother trying to use your blade, Cogsangui. You'd be sleeping with the preverberal fishes before you knew it.
Suddenly, another figure emerged from the darkness. As she walked into the light, Voro saw her pretty, blue face and pair of head-tails. Clearly a young female Alavar.
- Corva: Make nice Tyronius, this here is Voro'Actee. Accomplished warrior. Former rebel leader. Friend of Apollo. And...
She looked at her datapad with a smirk.
- Corva: Ah yes. Famed hugger and a loyal customer. You can put down Sheila, Tyron.
Voro tilted his head questioningly as Tyronius placed his polished blaster into a large holster on his back.
- Voro: Sheila?
- Tyronius: My gun. Her name is Sheila. Watch yourself, clicky, Sheila tends to shoot her stuff without warning around people like you.
- Corva: Creepy, Tyron.
Tyronius innocently shrugged. Corva turned her attention to Voro.
- Corva: Sorry about that, big guy. Anyway, I have arranged transport for you out of the Capital. It wasn't easy so naturally I'll be expecting a rise in pay.
- Voro: Naturally. Shall we leave?
The Primercer's VisitEdit
Streaking through space, the crimson hue of a large Cogsangui Cruiser flew towards Fosepist Station, slowing down as it approached. However, the vessel was not here for battle, rather it was here for peace. When the cruiser docked, a contingent of Cogsangui guards strode out, followed by the impressive figure of the Primercer, who looked around in interest. Stepping out into the promenade of the starport, the room was filled with Orothiltastrii all with their heads low in respect, several of them moved aside as Littara walked through the crowd towards the Primercer, flanked by warriors who appeared substantially more impressive in stature than everyone else. Some of them appeared nervous, others disgusted that Cogsangui were allowed to walk the station, considered sacred ground by many of them. Littara approached the Primercer and bowed out of a great sense of respect to him. Under his helmet, the Primercer smirked at what he saw, before acknowledging Littara's genuflection.
Upon the Primercer's command, the crowd raised their heads to gaze in awe at his image, one of such majesty and sublime presence that none of them had bore witness to before this day. Littara raised herself and stood straight, clasping her hands over her stomach. Littara stood to one side and unclasped her hands, holding one arm out as an indicator that she was ready to take him to the Hermitage's elders. Speaking in the Cogsangui language, the Primercer ordered his guards to join him as he followed Littara to the Hermitage's elders. The journey took the group into a turbolift that sent them travelling rapidly up the spine of the station. From a window that took up the far wall of the lift, the Primercer could see the surface of the station's habitat; rolling plains, lush jungle, expansive desert, all peppered with clusters of lights patterned into concentric circles that sprawled like glittering spiderwebs across the surface.
Littara took a step back, breathing to regain her composure as the turbolift doors opened, revealing an Orothiltastrus dressed in a long cream robe, possessing a cream, almost white colouration to his scales, Lumerios. He smiled and nodded to the elevator's occupants. Lumerios guided the Primercer and his guards though a series of decorated corridors. After a hundred metres or so he opened one of a pair of large doors into a boardroom that ,despite the evidence of recent repairs and additions, appeared to, resemble the old design style the Oikoumene once had. The Primercer's eyes darted the room. Sitting around a u-shaped table were twelve Orothiltastrii dressed in white, silver-threaded robes. All of them appeared to have lived for centuries as they gazed upon the Primercer with awe from their padded high back chairs.
Speaking to the Council, the Primercer revealed unto them his true nature as their god, showing them images of their origins from the mix of a Draconis and a Libertus. Awe-struck, the Council agreed to follow the Primercer's lead.
Streaking through space, the crimson hue of a large Cogsangui Cruiser flew towards Fosepist Station, slowing down as it approached. However, the vessel was not here for battle, rather it was here for peace. When the cruiser docked, a contingent of Cogsangui guards strode out, followed by the impressive figure of the Primercer, who looked around in interest. Stepping out into the promenade of the starport, the room was filled with Orothiltastrii all with their heads low in respect, several of them moved aside as Littara walked through the crowd towards the Primercer, flanked by warriors who appeared substantially more impressive in stature than everyone else. Some of them appeared nervous, others disgusted that Cogsangui were allowed to walk the station, considered sacred ground by many of them. Littara approached the Primercer and bowed out of a great sense of respect to him. Under his helmet, the Primercer smirked at what he saw, before acknowledging Littara's genuflection.
- Primercer: You may rise, my children.
Upon the Primercer's command, the crowd raised their heads to gaze in awe at his image, one of such majesty and sublime presence that none of them had bore witness to before this day. Littara raised herself and stood straigh, clasping her hands over her stomach.
- Littara - On behalf of Fosepist Station I welcome you my lord. Forgive us but we have been waiting generations for this day.
- Primercer: Much has changed during my absence. Under my lordship, your people will know great prosperity... Littara, isn't it?
- Littara - It is, my lord. The elders asked that I introduce you to them.
Littara stood to one side and unclasped her hands, holding one arm out as an indicator that she was ready to take him to the Hermitage's elders. Speaking in the Cogsangui language, the Primercer ordered his guards to join him as he followed Littara to the Hermitage's elders. The journey took the group into a turbolift that sent them travelling rapidly up the spine of the station. From a window that took up the far wall of the lift, the Primercer could see the surface of the station's habitat; roling plains, lush jungle, expansive desert, all peppered with clusters of lights patterned into concentric circles that sprawled like glittering spiderwebs across the surface.
- Primercer: It is pleasing to see our children utilising our gifts so well.
- Littara - I remember learning that this place was once a hub of activity for the ancients. Yet when the first of our people set foot on it, the station had apparently been vacant for quite some time. We have done the best we can to restore what damage we found. But none of our efforts compared to the engineering feats of the original builders.
- Primercer: Under my leadership, perhaps this will change.
- Littara: You...you are willing to provide us with your secrets?
- Primercer: Patience my child, all will be revealed in time.
- Littara: I apologise. I...This visit of yours is almost a dream, ly lord.
Littara took a step back, breathing to regain her composure as the turbolift doors opened, revealing an Orothiltastrus dressed in a long cream robe, possessing a cream, almost white colouration to his scales. He smiled and nodded to the elevator's occupants.
- Lumerios: Salutations, my lord. I am Lumerios Sutorius, high Loresage to the Hermitage and the prime representetive of the council of elders. I hope that my niece was not too much trouble for you
- Primercer: My time is short. Please direct me to your Council with haste.
- Lumerios: As you wish.
Lumerios guided the Primercer and his guards though a series of decorated corridors. After a hundred metres or so he opened one of a pair of large doors into a boardroom that ,despite the evidence of recent repairs and additions, appeared to, resemble the old design style the Oikoumene once had.
The Primercer's eyes darted the room. Sitting around a u-shaped table were twelve Orothiltastrii dressed in white, silver-threaded robes. All of them appeared to have lived for centuries as they gazed upon the Primercer with awe from their padded highbacked chairs.
- Primercer: The Council of Elders, I presume. I am your progenitor. Your Lord. Your genesis. Your future.
The elders looked at each other, their eyes wide with surprise as some of them began murmouring to themselves. Visibly, it was understandable; his stature, his ornamentation and his appearence. After some bickering one of the eolders slowly rose from his seat.
- Elder Tristius - It is Lord Orothil'Kuntus who claims such a title, esteemed one. A-are you claiming ot be him?
- Primercer: Your heritage is my doing, yes.
- Elder Tristius - Then you have come as we had one day hoped, to further guide us on the path of wisdom.
- Elder Aleaa - If this is true, then we offer our alliegence to you, as we had always promised ourselves to do.
Smiling under his helm, Primercer manipulated the very energies of the room to coalesce into what appeared to be a species of Capricyránae alongside an Andromedan Draconis. Slowing moving his outstretched hands closer together, the two saurian species melded to form a modern Orothiltastrii.
- Primercer: Behold, your origins.
The elders watched as the two images coalesced, everyone in the room was awestruck at the sight. Some of them wishing to believe it further, they once again began talking to each other, before Aleaa spoke again.
- Elder Aleaa - You offered us the heritage of these saurians. Do you believe us ready to learn why this particular specimen?
- Primercer: Good. It is my will that you join yourselves in brotherhood with the Cognatus. In adversaries may you find friends.
- Elder Kantrenor - We will agree to make peace with the Cogsangui, so long as they are willing to accept us as equals or at the very least tolerate us, rather than see us as heretics.
- Primercer: The gods value strength. Your creation from the Drak-onis and the Capri'corni symbolises this.
- Lumerios - Records do tell of many martial cultures among the Drak'onis. Values that we have not forgotten in our pursuit to understand your people, my lord.
Standing nearby, Vos Adamae scoffed under his breath while the Primercer nodded gracefully.
- Lumerios - Then we shall swear our fealty. Your word shall be our message.
Litanna stood behind the entire group, watching nervously with her arms folded as she kept lcose to a wall.
- Primercer: You have pleased your father, Elders.
The elders nodded in unison, followed by Lumerios shortly afterwards.
- Lumerios - Before you leave, my lord, we ask if we can present you with a gift.
The Primercer once again lifted his arm and a warm energy filled the room while nearby flowers began to bloom.
- Primercer: A gift?
The elders looked behind themselves and at the far ends of the room to see the flowers blooming, once again impressed with the Primercer's actions. Meanwhile, Lumerios had beckoned Littara over. She had in her hand a small storage device that she held firmly. As she approached Lumerios he rested a hand on her shoulder and guided her to in front of the Primercer, brushing her arm, she opened out her palm and lifted her hand up colser to the Primercer's level.
- Littara - We collected what we could of your old audio notes, from when you spent your days here. We have tried to decipher them but with mixed success...We're sorry if this act offends you.
The Primercer watched as Littara lifted her hand towards him. Placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder he used his powers to take hold of the storage device, which he studied carefully.
- Primercer: I am anything but offended, my dear. I thank you.
Littara suddenly looked up and her eyes appeared to glisten as she was suddenly exited.
- 'Litara - Y-you're not angry my lord? You're welcome i guess.
- Elder Tristius - Your arrival my lord has been a boon for everyone here. Is there anything you wish of us, you have only to ask.
- Primercer: You have my gratitude. Farewell.
The Orothiltastrii in the room all bowed out of respect before sitting back down once again, a renewed sense of vigor and excitement that pumped though their hearts.
Looming through space, the massive triangular Star Dreadnought Executor was the most dreaded ship in the Imperial Navy, partly due to the planet-cracking weaponry on board, but primarily due to its insidious commander, the nefarious Supreme Admiral Zillum, the highest ranking officer in the Imperial Navy. On Orbispira, many senators and mandators questioned the appointment of a former terrorist to such a notable rank within the Imperial hierarchy but decided to ignore the appointment for fear that their worlds may fall under the "protection" of the Executor.
However, when news of atrocities and war crimes committed by Zillum against the citizens of the galaxy reached the ears of Imperial Command, many of whom fought against Zillum during the Great Cyrannus War. As the third year of Imperial rule neared its end, Imperial Command decided that the time had come to act. Gathering Venatorius, a close ally to the Emperor and the new Grand Admiral Palenix, Imperial Command sent them to the Executor's position under orders to relieve Zillum of his command.
Flying out of hyperspace, a lone Victory-class Star Destroyer appeared in front of the Executor, holding position a few thousand kilometres away. A single shuttle emerged and headed towards the Executor, gaining permission to dock with the massive Dreadnought. Giving the hanger guards orders from Imperial Command to arrest the Supreme Admiral, the guards agreed to escort them to the bridge. When they arrived, Zillum turned with a glare, his piercing red eyes sending shivers down the spines of all those on the mighty starship's bridge.
A notoriously brave and daring figure, Grand Admiral Palenix drew his handgun, demanding that the Mortalitas surrender to him. Snarling viciously, Zillum unsheathed his blade and rushed towards Palenix and Venatorius, cutting down a bystanding Libertus officer as he went. Jumping into action, Venatorius launched a torrent of lightning from his fingertips, which Zillum managed to deflect by forming an energy shield around his armour. Slashing Palenix's right eye as he jumped overhead, Zillum barged through the doors to his personal shuttle bay, decapitating and amputating those formerly under his command as he went.
Using his command codes, Zillum managed to disable the mighty Executor using a console on his shuttle, allowing him to escape into the unknown...
A massive Basileus Battlecruiser hung in space. At 9.4 kilometres long, the IBS Tavros was the pride of the Basileus Fleet before the failure of Imperator Tyranus's rebellion and the consolidation of Imperial power under the Emperor Tyrómairon. On the bridge of the mighty warship, a Basileus Lord sat with his claws clenched together, deep in thought. Since the failed rebellion, Lord Tyermaillin had disavowed any loyalty to the Empire and began to style himself as the new Imperator. Within his calculating mind, Tyermaillin had convinced himself that he had learned from Tyranus' mistakes and began to hatch a plan to launch a full scale rebellion against the Empire. Since Tyranus' death, Tyermaillin had raised an army of loyal Basileus and had begun to reach out to other seperatists to better their chances of sparking off the flame of rebellion against the Empire.
Dropping out of hyperspace beside the Tavros, the first stage of Tyermaillin's plot presented itself. A small shuttle containing a single occupant soon docked with the Tavros, and a massive Mortalitas stepped out. As Zillum walked towards the bridge of the Tavros, he noticed the great numbers of non-Basileus, a curious fact from such a xenophobic species. Stepping into Tyermaillin's study, Zillum studied the room closely. It was strangely unassuming, with only a large display showing a beautiful nebula lighting the room. Standing in front of this display, Imperator Tyermaillin greeted Zillum without turning.
At first, Zillum was sceptical of Tyermaillin, even physically attacking him when he sensed that the new Imperator underestimated the Emperor. However, when faced with the amount of information at Tyermaillin's fingertips, Zillum agreed to join him with the promise that freedom from the Empire will result in more power for him and his people. As Tyermaillin turned, he proclaimed the creation of the Cyrannian Imperial State to stand against the Empire and the destabilizing Gigaquadrant.
Unknown voices whisper in the night for conflict and chaos. The Cyrannian Imperial State - our state - will be ready.
A massive Basileus Battlecruiser hung in space. At 9.4 kilometres long, the IBS Tavros was the pride of the Basileus Fleet before the failure of Imperator Tyranus's rebellion and the consolidation of Imperial power under the Emperor Tyrómairon. On the bridge of the mighty warship, a Basileus Lord sat with his claws clenched together, deep in thought. Since the failed rebellion, Lord Tyermaillin had disavowed any loyalty to the Empire and began to style himself as the new Imperator. Within his calculating mind, Tyermaillin had convinced himself that he had learned from Tyranus' mistakes and began to hatch a plan to launch a full scale rebellion against the Empire. Since Tyranus' death, Tyermaillin had raised an army of loyal Basileus and had begun to reach out to other separatists to better their chances of sparking off the flame of rebellion against the Empire.
Dropping out of hyperspace beside the Tavros, the first stage of Tyermaillin's plot presented itself. A small shuttle containing a single occupant soon docked with the Tavros, and a massive Mortalitas stepped out. As Zillum walked towards the bridge of the Tavros, he noticed the great numbers of non-Basileus, a curious fact from such a xenophobic species. Stepping into Tyermaillin's study, Zillum studied the room closely. It was strangely unassuming, with only a large display showing a beautiful nebula lighting the room. Standing in front of this display, Imperator Tyermaillin greeted Zillum without turning.
- Tyermaillin: I've been expecting you, Supreme Admiral. Please take a seat.
- Zillum: I'm afraid I no longer hold that position. You may address me as Lord Zillum of the Mortalitas. I prefer to stand.
- Tyermaillin: It has a nice ring to it, my lord. I trust that your recent betrayal at the hands of the Empire has you desiring revenge, correct?
Zillum narrowed his eyes slightly.
- Zillum: Correct.
- Tyermaillin: Most intriguing. Since you must be wondering who I am and why I have called you here today, I'll cut to the chase.
Turning his head to face the massive Mortalitas, Tyermaillin cleared his throat.
- Tyermaillin: I am Imperator Tyermaillin and I seek to bring about a new order. For too long the Empire has become stagnant and ineffective, languishing under the rule of the Libertus, who force their ways unto the rest of the cosmos.
- Zillum: You think the Libertus rule the Empire? That the Emperor is a puppet? You are a fool!
Zillum lunged forward and slammed Tyermaillin against the wall.
- Zillum: Do not underestimate Tyrómairon. Or you will suffer your predecessor's fate.
To Zillum's surprise, Tyermaillin began to laugh as the Mortalitas released him.
- Tyermaillin: Do not think that I don't know what the Emperor is. My sources run deep on Orbispira. Very. Deep.
- Zillum: It is becoming clear that you are not as foolish as I believed. Your mind is steadfast. Suppose I do join you, what benefit does it hold for myself and my people?
- Tyermaillin: Freedom. You gain your freedom in an Empire of equals.
Zillum thought to himself.
- Zillum: Very well. I will join with you. As an equal. Not a servant.
Brushing off the damage to his suit, Tyermaillin turned to the display.
- Tyermaillin: But of course... War is coming, Zillum. Not only with the Empire, but the universe...
Zillum turned to Tyermaillin with a puzzled expression on his face.
- Zillum: What do you know?
- Tyermaillin: Unknown voices whisper in the night for conflict and chaos. The Cyrannian Imperial State - our state - will be ready.
- The Rihanae Pact
A grave threat was stiring in the Odysseia Region of Cyrannus. Several months since the formation of the New Cyrannian Republic, the other powers of the region such as the Jenassian Regency and the Regellis Star Empire began to grow increasingly suspicious of the new superpower. While the Republic became distracted by the emergent threat of the Icolian Assemblage, on the Jenassian homeworld of Jenassio, Empress Minarela and Regent Wel signed an historic treaty that established a new military alliance known as the Rihanae Pact, named after the constituent people of the Star Empire with whom the Jenassians have had historically good relations. Infuriated over the increasing frequency of Republic vessels crossing into Jenassian/Regellian territory, the newly formed Pact's first act was military action against Republic convoys acting in the small neutral zone separating Republic and Imperial space that ultimately prevented effective joint military actions between the Star Empire and the Regency.
Two days after the formation of the Rihanae Pact, the CRS Pacem under the command of Captain K'hev patrolled the Republic side of the Imperial Neutral Zone. With open conflict between the New Republic and the Empire deemed unlikely, it was one of the few ships that was assigned to the region. Suddenly, sensors detected several cloaked ships appearing directly behind the shieldless Star Destroyer. Captain K'hev's order to raise shields came too later to prevent disruptor fire from the lead Regellian Warbird, the RWS Palpa'han under the command of Admiral Tai'Rex from blasting a massive hole through the hull of the ship. Keen to make amends for her aborted invasion of Mou'Cyran, Tai'Rex smiled as the newly assembled joint Jenassian/Regellian fleet tore massive pieces of the Pacem apart before the Star Destroyer finally buckled into a massive explosion.
Sending a transmission across into New Republic space, Tai'Rex claimed that the Pacem wouldn't be the last ship to fall to the superior firepower of the Rihanae Pact if the Republic continued to spy on its members and infringe upon their sovereignty. Meanwhile, in his study on Mou'Cyran, President Apaltar frowned. Such an unprovoked attack would not be met without consequences.
A craft has been detected in Sector Gamma-1243.
A black cube, kilometres in size drifted silently in space. The massive monolith had the power to assimilate entire civilisations and served as one of the countless bastions of the most feared civilisation in the Cyrannia Cluster, the Neraida Gigamatrix. This nefarious race of cybernetic organisms had menaced the galaxy since their creation countless years ago by the scientists of the ancient Nagith Empire. This Neraida Cube was on a mission and it was close to fulfilling its objective.
Vessel located. Origin: Galactic Body 03. Prepare for assimilation.
A single Delpha Coalition of Planets vessel rotated aimlessly against the star-filled night, the fractured hull showing clear signs of enemy attack. The vessel was an old design, a hybrid ship constructed using technology from both the Coalition of Planets and their long-time allies, the United Republic of Cyrannus to use against the Cognatus hegemony during the devastating Intergalactic War of decades past.
No lifeforms detected. Critical systems inactive.
The black facade of the Cube approached the hybrid ship, locking onto the once mighty warship with a tractor beam, pulling it ever closer into the maw of the Gigamatrix. The Neraida were not after the technology of the highly advanced hulk, but rather the location and the means to travel to its home galaxy, a region of space unfamiliar with the Gigamatrix and full of civilisations ripe for assimilation.
The task has been completed.
The Onset of WarEdit
- Fall of Vasuband
Blasting out of hyperspace, a large fleet of warships bypassed the Imperial defense fleet in orbit over the Vasuband seemingly undetected. On the bridge of the recently retrofitted IBS Tavros, Tyermaillin smiled as his newly formed flotilla of Centurion-class Star Destroyers converged at key locations across Vasuband with the Tavros itself holding position just above the planetary capital city of Basilban, home of Grand Mandator Erissare, the de facto leader of the Basileus within the Galactic Empire.
Tyermaillin smiled as he watched a hologram of his fleet's positioning over Vasuband, with the Imperial Fleet apparently waiting for Tyermaillin to make the first move. Everything was happening perfectly thus far. When the fleet had mobilised, Tyermaillin and a contingent of Mortalitas Elite Guards took a shuttle to Erissare's opulent residence at the peak of Basil Mountain. As they touched down, Tyermaillin noted in disgust that such a symbol of the power of the Basileus Imperator was now in the hands of a crazed lunatic. Wearing the official garb of the ancient Imperators, Tyermaillin and his onterage managed to make their way past the guards, who lowered their heads slightly as he passed.
Barging through the doors of the throne room, Tyermaillin was furious to see that Erissare was not the one to sit on the throne, rather it was a male Basileus with a pet Dvottie. Introducing himself as Minister Cenrond, he claimed that the Grand Mandator was currently on Orbispira. Demanding to know the reason behind the invasion, the minister rose to his feet and ordered his guards to arrest the would-be usurper. However, his guards failed to respond to his command. Retorting that he was a "liberator", not an "invader", Tyermaillin ordered both his Mortalitas protectors and the Basileus guards stationed in the palace to imprison Cenrond, all other members of Erissare's administration and any supporter of the Empire that tries to disrupt Vasuband's new government.
Two hours later, with much of the orbiting fleet now under his control, Tyermaillin broadcasted a transmission to the entire First Gigaquadrant, announcing the beginning of the end of the Galactic Empire of Cyrannus and the rise of the Imperial Cyrannian State. With the recent events at Station Halcyon, historians in later years would note the Fall of Vasuband as one of the most important events in the recent history of the galaxy...
There Is Only Power...Edit
As the third year of the Dark Times drew to a close, the mighty war machine of the Galactic Empire of Cyrannus began to gear to war against the Cyrannian Imperial State, deep under the endless cityscape of the galactic capital Orbispira, a meeting was called. From across the galaxy, the three Lords of the Mornûnendur, Ekrillium, Apeligateza and Morumadáin gathered at their Master's decree. As they entered the main viewing port, a visage of the massive Oikoumene construct constructed under Orbispira's suface lay before them. The massive and top secret flagship of the Empire, Legion lay floating in the vast chasm. With his hands joined behind his face, the Dark Lord turned his head slightly to face his followers. All three of the Ultraterrestrials genuflected before the Galactic Emperor, who gestured for them to rise.
Tyrómairon turned to face Morumadáin, Apeligateza and Ekrillium and steepled his fingers in his trademark fashion. Telling them of the recent disturbances to his plan, incoming the recent Gigaquadrantic Conflicts, the Galactic Emperor began to assign tasks to his closest followers, ordering Apeligateza to seek out the lost Mornûnenduran Lord Angolmois, ordering Ekrillium to seek out and return Oikoumene artifacts to him and ordering Morumadáin to ensure the lethality of the recently established Phaedric Order against their nemesis, the Primercer.
With the upcoming war with the Imperial State looming as well as other conflicts involving the glorious Empire, Tyrómairon dismissed his underlings by reciting the Mornûnenduran code.
The first and only reality of the Mornûnendur. There is only power.
As the mighty war machine of the Empire began to gear to war against the Cyrannian Imperial State, deep under the endless cityscape of the galactic capital Orbispira, a meeting was called. From across the galaxy, the three Lords of the Mornûnendur, Ekrillium, Apeligateza and Morumadáin gathered at their Master's decree. As they entered the main viewing port, a visage of the massive Oikoumene construct constructed under Orbispira's suface lay before them. The massive and top secret flagship of the Empire, Legion lay floating in the vast chasm. With his hands joined behind his face, the Dark Lord turned his head slightly to face his followers. All three of the Ultraterrestrials genuflected before the Galactic Emperor, who gestured for them to rise.
- Apeligateza: What is your will, my Lord?
- Tyrómairon: There has been disturbances in my Plan.
- Morumadáin: You speak of the creation of the Imperial State, my lord?
Tyrómairon turned to face Morumadáin, Apeligateza and Ekrillium and steepled his fingers in his trademark fashion.
- Tyrómairon: In part. They are of little consequence. These wider universal conflicts however could disrupt us, if we do not act. No doubt the Primercer seeks to capitalise on the choas that the "ronois" find themselves in.
- Apeligateza: There is little surprise that this timeline has erupted into war. It would be prudent to accelerate our-
The Dark Lord cut Apeligateza off with a wave of his hand.
- Tyrómairon: Do not become arrogant, Monaus. Patience is our weapon.
- Apeligateza: Yes, my lord.
Ekrillium genuflected once again.
- Ekrillium: My lord, what do you plan to do?
Tyrómairon's expression darkened somewhat. His voice was dark and foreboding and yet its unusually icy tone even made the other Ultraterrestrials uncomfortable.
- Tyrómairon: I will not let this... pitiable band disrupt the Empire, nor will I tolerate the continued existence of the Primercer. For now, he is our priority.
The Emperor turned his piercing gaze to Apeligateza.
- Tyrómairon: Seek out the location in which Angolmois was sealed away.
- Apeligateza: Yes my lord.
He turned to Ekrillium.
- Tyrómairon: Ronois from beyond the galactic barrier will enter the mother galaxy. They will attempt to activate any... technology they find. You will prevent this and bring the artifacts to me.
Finally, he directed his gaze to Morumadáin.
- Tyrómairon: Ensure the lethality of the Phaedra, Morumadáin. In this time of turmoil, they will prove most useful.
Morumadáin bowed to his master.
- Tyrómairon: Remember, the first and only reality of the Mornûnendur. There is only power. Those who do not serve our purposes will be... discarded.