CURRENTLY ON HOLD
The Secrets of the Collective is a story revolving around the Askelian Collective and the Seven Vessels, seven Oikoumene artifacts that the Collective was built around.
- All layouts permitted. However, a tabber must be used.
- No destroying another user's fiction unless permitted to.
Prologue - Unknown number of years agoEdit
Coming eventually, just telling you that this will involve the destruction of Aybyissa Aie-Err's homeworld.
Contact with the CollectiveEdit
The black-and-gold starship slipped through space, approaching an Imperial world. This spaceship was the Quietus Star, flagship of Okhasminus. Noticing a fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers nearby, he decided to investigate. Raising their shields, the Imperial warships under the command of Admiral Adraci of the Inexorable formed a defensive position around the Imperial world, watching the Quietus Star closely. Knowing of the power the Star Destroyers possessed, Okhasminus flashed a signal carrying the meaning of a peaceful encounter and opened communications.
Regarding the approaching vessel, Admiral Adraci scratched his chin in thought. Nodding to a nearby officer, Adraci opened a channel. Okhasminus smiled. The Collective being in a peaceful relationship with such a powerful empire would be clearly beneficial for the Collective, and would possibly provide more information about the rumours surrounding Antediluvian... He pushed these thoughts into the back of his mind and concentrated on docking the Quietus Star with the Inexorable.
When they finished speaking, Adraci closed the transmission with a wave of his hand and began to make his way to the communication terminal to inform Orbispira of the new civilisation.
The black-and-gold starship slipped through space, approaching an Imperial world. Thisspaceship was the Quietus Star, flagship of Okhasminus. Noticing a fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers nearby, he decided to investigate.
- Okhasminus: Interesting...
Raising their shields, the Imperial warships under the command of Admiral Adraci of the Inexorable formed a defensive postion around the Imperial world, watching the Quietus Star closely. Knowing of the power the Star Destroyers possessed, Okhasminus flashed a signal carrying the meaning of a peaceful encounter and opened communications.
- Okhasminus: Greetings, Imperials. I am Captain Okhasminus of the Askelian Collective. You may, or may not, have heard of the Collective and I. Regardless, we mean no harm, and it would be nice if the Collective and the Empire would get to know each other better.
Regarding the approaching vessel, Admiral Adraci scratched his chin in thought. Nodding to a nearby officer, Adraci opened a channel.
- Adraci: Good evening captain Okhasminus, we have heard rumours of your Collective from deep spacers, but I do not believe we have made official contact. It is fortunate that you mean no harm and we certainly welcome peaceful relations with your people. If you desire, you can dock with the Inexorable at your leisure.
Okhasminus smiled. The Collective being in a peaceful relationship with such a powerful empire would be clearly beneficial for the Collective, and would possibly provide more information about the rumours surrounding Antediluvian...He pushed these thoughts into the back of his mind and concentrated on docking the Quietus Star with the Inexorable.
- Okhasminus: "I will persuade Advisor Anaxarchus to send diplomats to the Empire for diplomacy if you wish."
- Adraci: That would be best Captain. In return, we will do the same. I'm sure that the people of the Empire will be... interested in your civilisation.
- Okhasminus: "I...agree."
With that, Adraci closed the transmission with a wave of his hand and began to make his way to the communication terminal to inform Orbispira of the new civilisation.
A single Troodontid Dollmund Class Research vessel came out of transwarp over Atocia. However unlike usually the ship wasn't there to investigate, but in fact for diplomacy as Atocia was the local capital of the Draconid Imperium.
Arriving in orbit, the research vessel was immediately intercepted with a transmission hail from one of the stations in orbit around the planet, ordering the ship to a docking moor. The Dollmund Class moves to the location it is ordered to, sending out a single landing ship with the ambassador and his guards.
The shuttle was given coordinates to a landing pad built on the roof of a skyscraper in the heart of the planet's capital.
Then the Troodontid ambassador and the egalparagus meet to talk and confer about the future relationship of their respective empires. They soon agreed to start trading, as well as further discussion about a technological collaboration.
A single Dollmund Class Research vessel came out of transwarp over Atocia. However unlike usually the ship wasn't there to investigate, but in fact for diplomacy as Atocia was the local capital of the Draconid Imperium. Arriving in orbit, the research vessel was immediately intercepted with a transmission hail from one of the stations in orbit around the planet.
- STC - This is Atocia space traffic control, your ship's identification codes are being process now. Please state your purpose of visit as your ship is unrecognizable.
- Troodontid ambassador - Greetings. We are in fact not in your identification log, you most likely never have heard about us. We are a ship of the Troodontid Empire. Though you don't know us, we have heard a lot about you. We are here since we thought that a contact between our races is more than necessary.
- STC - Hm, very well. Proceed to docking moor five, we will see about a shuttle to the egalparagus' office.
- Troodontid ambassador - Thank you.
The Dollmund Class moves to the location it is ordered to, sending out a single landing ship with the ambassador and his guards. The shuttle was given coordinates to a landing pad built on the roof of a skyscraper in the heart of the planet's capital. The city itself was a harmonizing mix of Draconis and Capricornian architecture, gold trim sat in unison with stainless steel, glass and marble that glinted in the midday sunlight.
- Troodontid ambassador - This is impressive, their architecture is both similar and different to ours. But it is for sure more splendid than ours.
As the shuttle approached a Draconis wearing an expensive Imperial suit walked towards the pad, followed by two elite soldiers of Andromedan origin. The entrance to the building from the pad was reminiscent of an old temple, with columns of fine marble rising up from the floor to a temple roof structure that jutted out from the wall.
The shuttle landed, allowing the ambassador to step out on the pad. His two guards followed him, less impressed, more cautious, especially upon seeing the two soldiers behind the Draconis. The Draconis stood a clear three meters in height, a faint smile across his snout as he looked at the arrivals. He spread out his arms and lowered his head in a gesture of welcome.
- Erinas - I bid you salutations to Atocia. You must have travelled far to stand amongst us today.
The ambassador bowed and ordered his guards to do so as well.
- Troodontid ambassador - Hello. I am Cif, ambassador of the Troodontid Empire, as you might already have heard from teh transmission.
- Erinas - And I am Erinas Vendris of House Savenium, egalparagus of the Draconid Imperium's colonies here in Cyrannus.
- Cif - I am pleased to meet you. Are my guards allowed to come with me, or should they stay here ?
- Erinas - They may join you if you so wish, so long as they give us privacy to conduct business.
- Cif - Good, thank you. They have now have orders to wait outside the room where we will confer.
Erinas beckoned to Cif and headed inside the building, opening the doors to a lavishly decorated office building. The interiors vaguely resembled an old age-of-reason estate with a certain art-deco elegance to the walls and inset pillars that were regularly placed down the hallway.
- Cif - Your race has a truly impressive style of architecture, this definitely surpasses most , if not all Troodontid buildings I have seen in my life.
- Erinas - So you admire the fruits of our species passion? Surely you must have some form af architecture that equals this? It is only an office after all.
- Cif - My race generally lacks most sense of architecture, we tend to go for functionality rather then the look.
- Erinas - I see. I understand that not all species are gifted with such an eye for detail as my kin, although admittely, the architecture on this workd has several influences from the surrounding Galactic Empire.
But Cif didn't answer as the naming of Empire causes him to become silent. They both entered the conference room of the egalparagus' office.
If the corridors to Erinas' office were not impressive enough, it was very clear that he had decorated his office to impress, on marble pillars were dancing patterns of inlaid gold, the ceiling was patterned with embossed plaster in floral patterns and highlighted with gold leaf, hanging on his walls were paintings of Uriel and several planets, but as Cif walked past then he may have noticed the angle of the subjects moving. It was as if he was looking out of a window to some exotic landscape despite the large bay window looking out into the city to which Erinas had his desk in front of. A large, deep red desk with silver trim, floral carvings and a glossy varnish that glistened from the sunlight behind.
- Cif - Interesting, you also incorporate HoloTech into your architecture ?
- Erinas - In a sense, yes. These paintings were created on a special kind of canvas that unlike a normal canvas painting, changes depending on the angle you view it from.
- Cif - Most interesting. But as impressive and great your architecture is, I think we should move the cultural talk behind the actual reason I'm here. I think it is time for our empires to set up diplomatic relations with each other.
- Erinas - A wise decision, ambassador. It is always good to have comrades, especially comrades with influence and connections.
- Cif - Indeed, especially in these dangerous times.
- Erinas - Before we progress, do you have any issues with any governments that I may need to be aware of?
- Cif - Issues, depends on the definition. We have and had some problems with the Imperium of War, and we had some border conflicts with the Empire, however we got the settled soon later.
- Erinas - No recent confrontations too serious, I hope?
- Cif - No, luckily not. If we were at war with them, I most certainly would not stand here.
- Erinas - Good, good. Perhaps we can start with a trade agreement, a mutual level of exchange between our two civilizations.
- Cif - I think that would be a good idea for the start. Maybe we could extend the relationship to a technological collaboration as well ?
- Erinas - Perhaps. Although you must understand that the Imperium's policy is not to simply provide our most advanced technological feats. But in time, perhaps, our knowledge of such things will be passed down to you.
- Cif - Oh, don't worry. We are - though we are unknown - not primitive. Technology is central to our society, and as a result of this we are not as un-advanced as we might seem in your eyes. Through time we have gained a considerable amount of knowledge and technology, rivaling and even surpassing that of many older races. But we came to realize that different points of view always help in creating new technology, and the best way to do so is to share and collaborate with others similar, yet different from us.
- Erinas - You make an interesting case, yet it shall be up to the Royal Academy of Alcanti to decide which technology is appropriate to distribute to you, and which is not.
- Cif- Sure, thank you. Please notify us about your decision as soon as you can.
- Erinas - I will make sure that such happens. You have my word.
- Cif - Good, thank you again. Do you think there is anything else left to discuss ?
- Erinas - Nothing. If you wish you may explore the city before your return to your ship. I can have a guide assigned to you.
- Cif - Then I think the formalities are finished. It would be a pleasure for me, thank you.
- Erinas - I bid you good day then. Enjoy your stay.
- Cif - I also wish you a good day, egalparagus.
A single Enyo Class flew over the fortress moon of Likar. Though officially a research outpost, this moon was a major place for surveillance and weapon manufacturing. Everything the Troodontids considered useful for their military ended up here. The capital ship moved over the planet in silence, but the silence was in fact deceptive. Inside the Enyo Ship, the Troodontids were surprised´, pleasantly surprised. For once their commando android network had been worth its using.
The Commando Android was informing them from a nearby planet that they had managed to pinpoint a location of Oikoumene artifacts. To be more exactly, another empire had located the artifacts, but unintentionally they also had informed the Troodontids about them. And Oikoumene artifacts were something the Troodontids would kill for. They hoped to gain even more advanced technologies from analyzing these.
Almost instantly a second capital ship was ordered to search the sector the Collective had located the artifacts for any anomalies that could be caused by the artifacts.
A single Enyo Class flew over the fortress moon of Likar. Though officially a research outpost, this moon was a major place for surveillance and weapon manufacturing. Everything the Troodontids considered useful for their military ended up here. The capital ship moved over the planet in silence, but the silence was in fact deceptive.
- Thaph - Again, nothing. Our androids are simply useless at the moment. There is no information worth gathering around.
- Clissaw - Agreed. The only ones that are worth spying on, are the ones were are forbidden to spy on.
- Commando android - Commando 12-1298667 incoming. Headquarter, please respond.
- Clissaw - Here headquarter. what ahs happened. You are surveying the Askelian Collective, right ?
- Commando android - Yes, master. I have interesting news. Important news.
- Thaph - Tell us instantly.
- Commando android - Easy to tell, the Collective was able to pinpoint the location of several Oikoumene artifacts.
- Thaph - Oikoumene? Oikoumene! This are indeed great news. Were are they, how many are they ?
- Commando android - My information are incomplete, I am unsure how many. There are at least two of them as far as I know, possibly more. Though not likely. I am transmitting the coordinates at the moment.
- Thaph - Thank you. this has highest priority. Try finding more information.
- Commando android - Yes, master. Commando 12-1298667 out.
- Clissaw - we have to get to this location instantly.
- Thaph - This ship is too slow, send a Dragon. I think the Leviathan is nearby. Send it to the location. Let it scan the sector for the artifacts. We must have them ... under all circumstances. Failure mustn't be permitted.
The Scissors and the DollEdit
A massive Dragon Class Dreadnought jumped out of Tranwarp over Enbizaka. Their sensors had revealed that at least one of the artifacts they had been looking for was there .. or at least something similiar.
A black spaceship approached the dreadnought.
- Troodontid Ai - Identify yourself !
The spaceship opened communications, revealing the pilot to be Aybyissa Aie-Err.
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: What do you want?
- Troodontid AI: - State your purpose first!
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: I am here for a reason.
- Troodontid AI - State that reason !
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: I am here to collect an item.
- Troodontid AI - why ?
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: I must deliver it to my master.
- Troodontid AI - No
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: Why are YOU here?
- Troodontid AI - Nothing you need to know.
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: In that case, leave.
- Troodontid AI - Let me think ... No, i don't think so.
Green lights suddenly appeared all over the warship, making it obvious the weapons were now charged.
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: Frak.
Then the warship fired a single blot of plasma at teh smaller ship, ripping it apart and causing the remains to fall down to the planet.
Some seconds later, Aybyissa Aie-Err landed on the ground, hurt but alive.
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: Dammit...
She crawled over to a nearby rock and picked up a pair of scissors, then ran away.
The Troodontids meanwhile prepared their landing force.
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: Wait-the doll!
Aybyissa ran back to where she landed.
They send down drop ship to each anomaly. in fact they now managed to detect two. It seemed like they were lucky, two artifacts were hidden on this world.
Both dropships landed, each releasing fifty androids. these instantly spread out to find the artifacts as fast as possible.
Aybyissa Aie-Err watched in shock and disbelief. Her plans were going to be foiled, and she had no idea what to do. She looked down at the scissors in her hand and thought of a plan.
Aybyissa Aie-Err, wielding the scissors, caused a volcano to erupt below the dropships.
The androids were surprised. one dropshop had actually been destroyed by the disaster,
- Troodontid AI - This ahs to be a defence mechanism. Hurry up !
It wasn't long till teh Troodontids found the first artifact in the remains of teh crashed ship - the doll. Aybyissa Aie-Err: These scissors are useful. The herus might find a use for it-wait! The doll!
- Troodontid AI - A doll ? They have to be kidding.
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: Frak.
Then the grass parted and teh second group of androids stoofdin front of her. The androids started to surround her instantly.
Aybyissa Aie-Err simply grinned and held the scissors above her head, forming a dark pink glow around the scissors. Soon, a pyroclastic flow appeared in the distance and started moving quickly in their direction. Meanwhile the remaining androids transported doll back to the dropship. They didn't start yet, waiting for the a sign of the others.
The androids opened fire, but Aybyissa Aie-Err was too fast for them.
The pyroclastic flow reached the androids, obliterating them. Aybyissa Aie-Err disappeared through a portal.
She thought she also got the other dropship, the doll would be lost forever. However the androids noticed the flow in time, leaving the planet just before being destroyed.
The Dreadnought now turned around, bringing teh precious object to the nearest research outpost.
Famed bounty hunter Éaltar Gauisa sat in his command chair aboard his feared flagship, the roar of its engines signalling the doom of whoever was the target of Gauisa's bounty. Suddenly, a flashing light appeared on his dashboard, indicating that someone was attempting to contact him. Sighing, he activated it and a hologram appeared.
The hologram showed a greyish female Canebant in heavy black robes, wielding a staff.
- ???: Greetings, Libertus. I am Aybyissa Aie-Err. I have a job that needs to be fulfilled.
- Éaltar Gauisa: Hello Aybyissa Aye-Err. I take any job... for the right price of course.
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: I want this woman dead. Prices are of no concern.
She showed Gauisa a picture of the Imperatrix.
Gauisa downloaded the image into his helmet's HUD.
- Éaltar Gauisa: Location?
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: A planet in the Odysseia Region called Askelous. She will be located in a large white palace. Her living quarters are in the topmost bedroom. However, be wary of these.
She showed Gauisa pictures of the various security drones the Collective used.
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: Robots. With great firepower. Not to be underestimated.
- Éaltar Gauisa: Don't worry, it'll be a clean job.
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: Good. Your payment will be given to you after the mission has been completed.
- Éaltar Gauisa: I will contact you when the job is completed. Good day.
- Aybyissa Aie-Err: Good day to you.
With that, Gauisa closed the transmission and set course for Askelous.
Using a mix between his stealth drive and his jet pack, Gauisa silently scaled the mighty white palace in which the Imperatrix lived. Jumping in through the window, Gauisa activated a silent EMP charge, disabling the security drones. Silently making his way into the Imperatrix's living quarters, Gauisa aimed his weapon.
Imperatrix Erzenii had just noticed the bounty hunter in her room, but when she turned back and saw Gauisa, it was too late.
A shot ran out as a blaster bolt impacted the Imperatrix directly in the head, killing her instantly. Placing a small pill into her mouth, Gauisa forced her to bite down on it resulting in the incineration of the Imperatrix's corpse. Making his escape quick, Gauisa activated his translocator and arrived instantly at his ship.
Taking off before security had time to respond, Gauisa left the orb of Askelous' atmosphere and jumped into the netherworld of hyperspace.
Contacting Aybyissa Aie-Err, Gauisa told his story and received his credits.
- The Administrator of this story is LawfulInsane.