On use, the projectile flies quickly towards the ground, leaving a yellow trail behind. Upon impact, the cities on the planet convert to your empire and white lines with notes spewing out of them fly in all directions. At the point where the projectile was shot the lines form a spiral that continues until the weapon stops. As the lines of notes travel across the planet, above the converted cites appear extremely large holograms of your creature. After several seconds the hologram shrinks and disappears.
Power can be used to take over a star system, leaving the cities intact saving you the cost to rebuild.
Use of this power on a planet breaks the Galactic Code and will cause negative relationships with nearby empires. When using this consequence ability all empires within 10.5 pc of the location where the weapon was deployed will give the player a -100 relation penalty.
|Fanatical Frenzy|| ||
The only exception is the Grox, who instead respect this sort of behavior. They will also not incur a negative Relation bonus if this ship tool is used on them.
|Ability||Ship Tools Tab||Cost||Damage||Cooldown|
|Fanatical Frenzy||Socialization||No Cost||None||30 minutes from use|
- It is recommended to use Fanatical Frenzy on homeworlds.
- Using this at an alien's empire near Grox territory can both help you gain a base inside of the Grox Empire and gain respect with them.
- You can use it on Grox planets without getting the -100 for breaking the Galactic Code, but if you hit a colony they will give you -100 for harming a colony.
- Although the time to recharge this ability can take more than half an hour, the recharge time can be shortened drastically without delay by saving and exiting the game after using this ability and resuming the game thereafter. Upon loading the game file, the ability should be fully recharged. This can be useful in taking over an enemy star-system quickly, especially one with several T-3 worlds, though empires within 10.5 parsecs away from you will be furious, so you would need to either take over their empires or make them friendly again by giving them money.
- Another way to cooldown quickly (if you don't mind cheating) is to use the cheat SetConsequenceTrait Space_Zealot, and the cooldown timer will automatically reset so then you may use Fanatical Frenzy again.
- If used on a Grox colony that has multiple cities with maximized turret space and the planet is still T0, leaving the planet will cause all the extra cities and special turrets to be removed, leaving behind only 1 randomly selected city to be left standing, stripped of all its vital economic and defensive infrastructure. Likewise, it is best to terraform the planet to T3 before exiting the exosphere to avoid this collateral damage.
- Fanatical Uprising is closely related to this weapon, both capturing the planet. Differences are that Fanatical Uprising has to be paid for and Fanatical Frenzy has to recharge.
- When the cities are captured, notably large holograms appear over the city once a wave of notes fly over the city, and the hologram laughs until the ability ends completely.
- You may get this power and Faithful Zealot while being another archetype if you have Spore Galactic Adventures.
- This ability cannot be used to obtain or advance the Conqueror badge.