| Ecologist is a Featured Article
"Ecologist" has been featured, meaning it was deemed an article of interest by the Community.
“Ecologists are the protectors of nature. Species that attempt to exploit and corrupt the galaxy must be exterminated.”
- - In-game description
Alien species controlled by the computer with this archetype generally have the same personality as the Shamans since they both are passive in nature and often do not attack other empires unless they are provoked. Computer controlled Ecologists have a neutral relationship to begin with and rarely demand tribute from the player. As the game progresses, they become easier to ally and may value the player's species by giving them tribute.
Oddly enough, Ecologist empires will demand tribute after you use the staff of life.
Ecologist Unique Power Edit
Gaining The Ecologist Archetype Edit
Through Evolution Edit
The Ecologist Archetype is awarded to species that gain every card, plus an additional green.
The Recommended Path is Green Red Green Blue
- Cell: Discount on all social tools
- Creature: Prime Specimen Gives more health
- Tribal: Gracious Greeting Boost Relationship Points
- Civilization: More spice production
|Behavior in the Cell Stage||Behavior in the Creature Stage||Behavior in the Tribal Stage||Behavior in the Civilization Stage||Resulting archetype|
First you must ally with an empire following this philosophy with a strength factor of 4 or 5, then you may request to become 'like' them from the mission interface. After paying §10,000,000, the mission given is to fill out 50 ecosystems. Upon completion return to claim your reward and you will change your philosophy and associated archetype, losing your old superpower and gaining the Ecologist's Safari Vacuum power.
Note that you may not fill out 50 ecosystems and then automatically complete the mission upon its acceptance. You must accept and pay for the mission first, then fill out 50 ecosystems. Using the Species Eradicator to create an incomplete ecosystem and then refilling it does count to the 50 ecosystems you have to fill. Filling 50 ecosystems means completing any food level 50 times, not raising the T-Score 50 times.
Ecologist's Philosophy Edit
"We, the (Ecologist) Empire, believe in the Stones of Life. We believe that you are us and we are you and that together we are one! Man, we are one with plants and animals, stars in the heavens, clouds in the atmosphere! We even have a safari vacuum that we use to abduct plants and animals so that they can join us in the circle of life."
It's should be noted that although the card describes Ecologists as dogmatic aliens perfectly willing to commit genocide against those who disagree with their ways (much like Zealots), this is not how the computer plays them. In fact, the Ecologists are quite peaceful just like Shamans and/or Trader.
The Ecologists' rare treasures are the Stones of Life. The combined value of all Stones of Life is $450,000. However, if you have all of them in your cargo at one time, they will sell for $4,500,000 instead. If you sell one to an Ecologist empire, it will sell for $90,000. If you sell the whole set of them to an Ecologist empire, they will be valued at $9,000,000.
Ecologists provide mainly terraforming and sculpting tools.
- Energy Pack: §5,000 Sporebucks
- Atmosphere Generator: §75,000 Sporebucks
- Drought Generator: §75,000 Sporebucks
- Ice Storm: §75,000 Sporebucks
- Meteor Shower: §75,000 Sporebucks
- Creature Tweaker: §250,000 Sporebucks
- Small Energy Storage: §75,000 Sporebucks
- Lower Terrain (Small): §37,500 Sporebucks
- Raise Terrain (Small): §37,500 Sporebucks
- Level Terrain (Small): §37,500 Sporebucks
- Terra Hills
- Terra Craters
Galactic Adventures Edit
- - Weeder
- - Gardener
- - Floractivist
- - Organizer
- - Farmer
- - Breeder
- - Crossbreeder
- - Cloner
- - Philosopher
- - Guru
Campaign Adventure Edit
The Ecologist campaign adventure is It Came from the Sky, where the player has to investigate a spaceship crash on an ice planet.
Captain Accessories Edit
- Invigorator - Automatically restores some health over time (1/second).
- Stam-Booster - Increases maximum health capacity (if base health is 100 then boosted health is 200).
- Super Invigorator - Automatically restores even more health over time (2/second).
- Mega Stam-Magnifier - Greatly increases maximum health capacity (if base health is 100 then boosted health is 300).