| Earth is a Featured Article
"Earth" has been featured, meaning it was deemed an article of interest by the Community.
The Earth is the third planet in the Sol System, which in Spore can be found as an easter egg. It is a T1 planet, with mild temperature and high atmosphere, and is uninhabited by default. Earth has two associated achievements: "Manifest Destiny" for visiting it and "Oh the Humanity!" for destroying it.
By default, Earth is a T1 planet with high atmosphere and mild temperature, randomly harboring three slots of flora and one for a herbivore.
The unique factor about the Earth that its terrain is deliberately shaped like real-life Earth's, albeit the proportions of Earth is surprisingly small, with many small countries such as the United Kingdom shown as being the size of an average spaceship. Regardless, the Earth systematically functions like any planet throughout the game.
Along with other planets in the Sol System, Earth has a unique terrain that mimicks that of its real counterpart. However, Earth is no larger than other planets in Spore.
|Designed using USGS topographic maps, this replica of the Earth is perfect for creating your own custom made, realistic Earth adventures! Created by MaxisKate.|
Relation to Steve
If the player makes it to the Galactic Core, Steve will give them the Staff of Life. He also mentions the "third rock from Sol," which describes Earth. Although he mentions a "free breakfast and presentation" while on Earth, there will be nothing new there. This may indicate that Steve originated from Earth and is an example of humans in future times, or it may just be a joke from Maxis.
Earth at different T-scores
- Strangely, Earth turns a brown-red color when it reaches a terrascore of T3. Due to this, some players may not want to terraform, but this can be countered with planet coloring tools.
- While on the Earth, planets seen as faint star-like twinkles are seen in plain sight, many times magnified. Other bodies in the Sol System appear in the sky orders of magnitude bigger than in real life.
- For some reason, Great Britain appears to be connected with continental Europe. This is most notable with the Hologram Scout. However, this may vary as Earth varies slightly between games.
- There is a glitch where, if a planet with the geography of Earth appears in place of the nearest habitable planet to your homeworld, the crashed alien spaceship that is supposed to be present at the beginning of the Space Stage will not spawn and the player will be unable to progress.
- There is also a glitch where upon finding Earth for the first time, it will be completely flat brown land with no water or geographic features. This can be fixed by simply leaving the Sol system and then going back. This should cause the game to reload Earth normally.
- "Earth" by MaxisCactus in Sporepedia.