| Cheats is a Featured Article
"Cheats" has been featured, meaning it was deemed an article of interest by the Community.
Cheats may be activated at any time within Spore to gain an advantage or may be used to make gameplay more interesting. To activate the spore cheat console, simply press Ctrl-Shift-C. This will allow you to enter one of the cheat commands below. Activating certain cheat codes to gain an advantage will give you the Joker Badge. If you use the same cheat 50 times you get the Pathological Cheater Achievement.
Certain cheats disable the ability to attain any further achievements once the Joker Badge has been earned. This may spoil further enjoyment of Spore. To prevent the disabling of achievements, don't save the game after using cheats, or use a mod.
Sometimes cheating can disable zooming in and out in both planet and galactic views. Simply clicking the Sporepedia tab or exiting the game fixes this glitch.
Console Commands Edit
- help - Shows a list of many of the possible console commands
- clear - To clear all commands of the console
- capturePlanetGIF - Captures a spinning GIF of the planet you are on and stores it in AnimatedAvatars directory.
- help (command) - Explains action and usage of a command.
- help -full - Shows a list of all the possible console commands
- freedom [on/off] or [true/false] - Makes the complexity meter larger, creations that break the limits are not pollinated and cannot be played in-game. This is denoted by a red symbol on their Sporepedia card.
- killallhints - Removes all hints from the game.
- SetTime (h, m) - Sets time of day at the Avatar's position, and optionally a speed multiplier.
- freeCam - Toggles free camera mode, which allows the player to move and zoom out the camera to ridiculous lengths, even far enough that the entire planet is in view. Usable in Galactic Adventures and the Creature Stage
- rename planet new name - Changes the name of the selected planet. Unlike other cheats, there must be a space between "rename" and "planet", but works with or without quotation marks around the new name. You cannot rename saved games.
- rename star new name - Changes the name of the selected star. Unlike other cheats, there must be a space between "rename" and "star". This cheat can also be used to rename galactic objects, such as Black Holes and Proto-Planetary Disks. The Galactic Core can even be renamed. Your homeplanet cannot be renamed.
- blocksmode - Turns creatures into their blocky representations. To undo, enter the cheat again.
- levels -unlock - On the Spore main menu, allows you to unlock every stage for new games, even if you haven't completed their prerequisite stages.
- colladaexport - Exports a 3D mesh of the currently viewed creature in .dae format to the My Spore Creations/Creatures folder. Only in Patch 1.5 and onward.
- highresTextureLevel [off/low/medium/high] - Adjusts the quality of the textures of vehicles and buildings
Stylefilter Cheats Edit
The stylefilter cheats change the visual style of the game, and do not cause the game to be tagged with the Joker Badge.
- stylefilter -none - change view back to normal
- styleFilter -oilPaint - Gives the game an oil painting effect
- styleFilter -filmNoir - View game in black & white
- styleFilter -microscope - Gives the game a chalkboard-like effect
- styleFilter -norainbows - Gives the game a darker, less colorful effect
- styleFilter -nextgen - Gives the game a foggy effect
Adventure Filters and cheats Edit
Your filter changes will be saved and published with the adventure, so others playing it can see it just as you intended it to look!
- adventureLook -none - change view back to normal
- adventureLook -norainbows - Gives the game a darker, less colorful effect
- adventureLook -watercolor - Gives the game a watercolor art effect
- adventureLook -sepia - Gives the game an old photograph effect
- adventureLook -sixteenbit - Gives the game a blocky appearance, and adds dithering
- adventureLook -eightbit - Same as -sixteenbit, however said dithering is more drastic
- adventureLook -filmnoir - Gives the game a black & white view and adds imperfections, like old black & white television. And it rains all the time.
- freecam - Enables freedom of camera movement
Joker Badge Cheats Edit
The following cheats will disable further achievements. If you want to earn more achievements, do not save your game after cheating. There is also a possible bug which disables achievements for all save games, until the cheated save file is deleted. Tip: using the cheats when the game is paused and then unpausing the game will not give you the Joker badge occasionally.
- SetConsequenceTrait (trait). Trait can be one of the following:
- SetConsequenceTrait cell_carnivore
- SetConsequenceTrait cell_herbivore
- SetConsequenceTrait cell_omnivore
- SetConsequenceTrait creature_aggressive
- SetConsequenceTrait creature_social
- SetConsequenceTrait creature_mixed
- 'SetConsequenceTrait 'tribe_aggressive
- SetConsequenceTrait tribe_social
- SetConsequenceTrait tribe_mixed
- SetConsequenceTrait civ_military
- SetConsequenceTrait civ_economic
- SetConsequenceTrait civ_religious
- for example: SetConsequenceTrait creature_mixed
ATTENTION: Using the abilities of some of these cheats (Gravitation Wave and Fanatical Frenzy) will result in breaking the Galactic Code. Violating this code will have a negative effect on the relationship of any empire within 10 parsecs, with the exception of the Grox Empire*(Space Stage only)*
- SetConsequenceTrait space_bard, gives you the Soothing Song ability (boost relationship to 0 for 2 minutes)
- SetConsequenceTrait space_ecologist, gives you the Safari Vacuum ability (abducts 2 members of every species on the planet)
- SetConsequenceTrait space_zealot, gives you the Fanatical Frenzy (converts the system to your empire)
- SetConsequenceTrait space_diplomat, gives you the Static Cling ability (immobilizes all enemy ships and turrets on the planet)
- SetConsequenceTrait space_scientist, gives you the Gravitation Wave ability (destroys every city and/or tribe on a planet)
- SetConsequenceTrait space_trader, gives you the Cash Infusion ability (instantly fills the economic takeover meter)
- SetConsequenceTrait space_shaman, gives you the Return Ticket ability, (returns your ship to your home system)
- SetConsequenceTrait space_warrior, gives you the Raider Rally (opens a portal on the planet allowing pirates to enter)
- SetConsequenceTrait space_wanderer, This will not give you any consequence trait.
- SetConsequenceTrait space_knight, gives you the Summon Mini-U ability (summons a miniature clone of your spaceship to assist you)
- addDNA - increases your DNA by 150.
- moreMoney - Increases your money in Civilization by 2,000 and 1,000,000 in Space.
- freedom-Disables creator complexity limits.
- refillMotives - Replenishes depleted health and other motives.
- unlockSuperWeapons - Unlocks all super weapons for your Civilization type.
- spaceCreate. - Unlocks and recharges all creation tools in Space Mode.
- evoadvantage. Enter this cheat when starting a new Creature game to choose any creature from the Sporepedia. Start a new game with one of your more evolved creatures! Tip: you can use this cheat and still get achievements if you use it while in the main menu
- universeSimulatorPirateRaidFrequency [number] - adjust the number of times pirates can raid your system.
- universeSimulatorPirateRaidPlunderFrequency [number] - adjust the number of times pirates can steal spice from your system.
- universeSimulatorPirateRaidAllyFrequency [number] - adjust the number of times pirates can raid allies in your system.
- levels -unlockAdventures - Unlocks all Maxis adventures. Beware, this may result in getting the Joker Badge. However, when used in the main menu, it will not trigger the Joker Badge, similar in nature to the evoadvantage cheat.