“The Warmaster Arkarixus and his sibling are the latest in a long line of military successors - each generation stronger and more potent than the last. The power of a god resides within his mind and body, conditioned to serve both loyally and unflinchingly in the face of battle and prove himself a commander worth following. ... He is our last hope in a universe set against us; the greatest soldier in the galaxy.”
- - Unknown
Arkarixus Vhiktus is the last living member of the Kormacvar, an ancient race of precursors of the Borealis Galaxy, who currently serves as the maximum military authority of the Polar Crystal Alliance. A figure dating five billion years who was born in a galaxy of death and chaos, he cryogenically froze himself in an attempt to save his people which was sabotaged by his own surrogate brother, and he was eventually discovered and awakened by the modern inhabitants of the galaxy, who he has since gotten a liking for.
Among the most powerful individuals in Borealis, Arkarixus has pledged his desire to protect the galaxy for the rest of his life, guiding it to a better future. His countless years of warfare have made him an experienced and wise figure, as well as a terrifying opponent to encounter in the battlefield. Stern but ultimately good-hearted, Arkarixus is the first line of defense of the Borealis, and usually the last his enemies ever encounter.
Arkarixus, like all Warmasters, was a vat child created specifically by the then-dying Kormacvar Empire to combat the Grox Empire; by the time of his birth, the Kormacvar were already on their last legs after almost 500,000 years of war. He and his genetic brother, Regnatus, were created by using the genetic material of the legendary Warmaster Kholduitanus, the most powerful of their kind in history, in hopes that they would inherit his power. Fighting the Grox invasion for around seven hundred years after reaching adulthood, Arkarixus initiated the exodus of the Kormacvar from the Grox's eyes, hoping to wait the war out and eventually return to lead the galaxy once more.
Arkarixus, along with hundreds of thousands of Kormacvar, planned to stay in cryogenic stasis until the Grox threat had moved on, so they could rebuild their mighty empire once more. The Warmaster's mind was placed alongside a guardian artificial intelligence which would wake up his comrades when the galaxy was safe, but due to Zargoth's intervention, Arkarixus' AI was sent to the vicinity of Cold Loron space, making it impossible for him to wake his people up from stasis.
Second Borealis Galactic War
A year before the Second Borealis Galactic War began, Da Rogue Boyz found the Cold Loron and subsequently Arkarixus' AI, which they would add to Da Propa Big Rogue Krooza. Arkarixus remained dormant during the following years until he was awakened by the Mechanic, where he ordered the forces of Order to find his body and awake his people in exchange of helping them against the Seagon Empire and their superweapon, the Armageddon-class Star Destroyer. Doing so, the forces of Order found Arkarixus' body at Hyperborea and transferred his mind back to it; he soon found out he was alone, his Kormacvar comrades all dying due to what he presumed was damage caused by the Grox. He vowed to avenge them and joined the Order side, planning to one day make the Borealis Grox pay.
Arkarixus was one of the first individuals to join the infiltration team during the Third Xhodocto War, with the objective of weakening the Dominion of the Xhodocto from inside out. Arkarixus remained level-headed through the team's efforts of destroying the three Xhodocto Megaconstructs, acting as an authority inside the team alongside Kithworto. He aided in developing the explosives which were used to destroy Ightosia and Ardonia, and during the team's travels, he met and befriended the Shka'Tun Tharaqím. Going through many planes of Chaos and facing all kinds of demonic threats, Arkarixus' team eventually succeeded in their mission, and the Kormacvar returned to Borealis, retaking his position as Warmaster of the Polar Crystal Alliance.
Arkarixus is a tall, imposing Kormacvar whose skin is scarred due of his many battles against the Grox. He is equipped with a special outfit which serves as a very powerful armor as well as a regal costume, typical of Warmasters during the existence of the Kormacvar Empire. Being a Warmaster, Arkarixus is far taller than other Kormacvar used to be, towering over five members in height.
Arkarixus is a serious and focused individual who maintains his composure in even the most dire situations, utilizing cold and pragmatic logic to deal with his problems. He is generally considered to be difficult to approach by most, as he is gruff and unwelcoming even in the best of moods. The Kormacvar is also known to be capable of exceptional displays of cruelty; when dealing with foes or simply people he dislikes, he treats them as callously as possible, verbally and mentally abusing them in ways that clearly show he feels some pleasure in doing so. However, to his close allies and companions, Arkarixus is also known for his feats of noble heroism, being willing to give his life to ensure the survival of Borealis and the stability of the Polar Crystal Alliance. While it has slightly died down over time, Arkarixus also tends to look down on less-developed cultures, seeing them as unenlightened primitives.
As one of the mightiest Kormacvar Warmasters to ever exist, Arkarixus is widely agreed to be the single greatest warrior in the Borealis Galaxy. Sporting supernatural strength, practical invulnerability to most conventional attacks and a truly immense power over essence, he has fought on equal terms with Essentials and survived being dropped from orbit, with many proclaiming him to be a demigod - something he has never commented on, but also makes no effort to stop. Arkarixus prefers to engage his foes in hand-to-hand, unless he believes them to be not worth his time, in which case he simply uses his incredible telepathic powers to dispose of them quickly. When requiring weapons, he has been witnessed molding his essence into the shape of a translucent, flaming blade.
- Floridarixis - Prosper once more, mother.
- The Mechanic - I am proud of you.
- Tuolog - You have opened my eyes.
- Vekaron - Your feats will never be forgotten.
- Kithworto - We are not actually that different.
- Tharaqím - We share much in common.
- Sarec - It is good to be in good terms.
- Baptarion Light - Scientists in my time were only a different form of warrior. You are somewhat along those lines.
- Hachiman - I hear the child has ascended in body. But not in mind.
- Agent Tau - At least one of them knows what they are doing.
- Apollo - Rare to find a politician with a spine. Rarer for them to survive putting it to use.
- Agent Mu - Make good use of the gift given to you.
- Dakster - Our partnership flourishes, but I will never not find your kind extremely unnerving.
- Agent Nu - You are not fit to be a soldier. I care not for your strength.
- Lemmo - Your greed annoys me severely.
- Kalcedia Myran - Begone, harlot.
- Uriel Ultanos - A royal who is not afraid to act as a soldier. Admirable quality.
- Agent Psi - Control yourself.
- Kezoreg - War is not a game. Stop treating it like one.
- Da Rogue Leedas - Do go out of line again, so that I may have an excuse to exterminate you.
- Angazhar - Perish.
- Santorakh - Cease.
- Vouinas - Strong, yes. As strong as a sick Varkorus.
- Varugr - As beautiful as a bag of vomit.
- Mordathai - You seek knowledge. Know that you will die.
- High Inquisitor Arsac - Disappointing.
- Murangon Nal - I wonder if you can still be polite with five feet of dirt above your head.
- Geltastra - You are skinny enough that I could pick my teeth with you.
“He's not actually that bad once you get used to him.”
- - Vekaron
“I gotta admit, he's one hell of a leader.”
- - Xerkea
“I STILL DUN LIEK YOO”
“You being alive...is not part of the plan.”
“A living miracle, proof that not even death can restrict the most powerful of beings to their crypts.”
- - Tyraz
“Hmph. I need the reality check?!”
- - Agent Nu
“His every existence confirms the might and reputations of the Precursors. Magnificent!”
“I am speechless. Just... speechless.”
“I can relate. I'm the last of my kind too.”
- - Lion
- Second Borealis Galactic War (First appearance)
- New Dawn
- Tantummodo Mortem
- Ice Age
- Chronicle of Ire
- Zarkhator War
- Da Reckoning
- Sundering of the Cognatus
- War of the Ancient Three
- Time's Terminus
- Unknown to all, Arkarixus is the lord of the Seagon Cryptocracy, having conquered the Seagon people shortly after the death of Emperor Rothneld Vhezari. Not even the Polar Crystal Council is aware of this connection.
- Out of universe
- Arkarixus's main inspiration was Javik, a character from Mass Effect 3.
- Arkarixus possesses a Fantasy counterpart in Alhazred.