Bloato is a Maxis-made cell, appearing in the Cell Stage at Level 5, and one of the last of cells appearing in the stage. It is the biggest cell in the game. It is also the last cell to appear with a proboscis and cilia.
Bloatos is one of the last predator-sized cells appearing in the stage, along with Snorfs. It has a total of 9 eyes and 8 cilia and is highly aggressive.
Its body shape, skin color/texture, proboscis and high speed suggests It may be related to Noseys in some way, and may even be the evolution of Nosey. It cannot be eaten by the player. It doesn't attack or get attacked by similarly-sized Snorfs.
Abilities that can be harvested from this creature
- When exposed to poison, Bloatos make an "Ehem" sound.
- Bloatos make a "Wewewewe" noise when fleeing.
- Bloatos make an "Owww!" noise when attacked
- If chasing the player, despite having a proboscis, Bloatos make the chomping noise that other predator cells make.
- If attacked, it will be scared of the player and starting swimming away. This is also true with Snorfs.
- Bloatos can be hard to defeat, since their predator size means they are immune to bites.
- Electricity does little damage and Poison only stuns them for a brief period. Its only weak points are between the cilia, and near the proboscis (which is dangerous, since it can eliminate half of the player's health if it touches it).
- The player should try to aim between the cilia with a spike.
- Bloatos are aggressive, but swim away if they are hit. They are quite fast, at speed 4, so a cell needs at least the equivalent of two jets to keep up.
- Bloato could be multicellular with the same reasoning behind Snorf.
- They are known as 'Poker' in the game files. It may have changed to Bloato because of a cell called Pokey already existing, so players could confuse it for an evolution of Pokey or a relative of Pokey, although they are clearly not related.