Bloato is a Maxis-made cell appearing in the Cell Stage at Level 5 in Spore. It is one of the last of cells appearing in the stage and predator-sized cell, tied with Snorf. It doesn't attack or get attacked by Snorfs.
Unique parts that can be harvested from this creature
- When exposed to poison, bloato makes an "Ehem" sound.
- Bloato makes a "Wewewewe" noise when fleeing.
- Bloato makes an "Owww!" noise when hurt.
- If chasing the player, despite having a Proboscis, Bloato makes the chomping noise that the Jaw makes.
- If attacked, it will be scared of the player and start swimming away.
- Bloato could be multicellular with the same reasoning behind snorf.
- They are known as 'Poker' in the game files. It may have changed to bloato because of a cell called pokey already existing, so players could confuse it for an evolution or a relative of pokey. Bloato was also originally called "Pokey" in the beta version of Spore.
- Bloato resembles the other cell, Nosey; both being green-colored and possessing many eyes and one Proboscis.