I would like to do a technical rewrite of some of the features of the Fiction Universe feature Andasium. Some details have come forward, but the process and yield of the combustion have not been well documented, nor has the atomic weight been specified.
After this discussion with Ghelæ, some possible methods of Andasium combustion have been outlined. Currently the prototype theory is as follows:
- Andasium only has one stable isotope, An-310. The neutron number was decided to be 184 as that would make the nucleus doubly magic, increasing the nuclear binding energy.
- Andasium's first eight ionization energies are negligibly small.
- The ionic radius of the An8+ cation is 152 picometers.
- AnO4 has a similar atomic structure to MnF4.
- Therefore, the An(s) + 2O2(g) ---> AnO4(s) reaction produces 74.87 MJ/kg, or 90.33 MJ/kg if only counting the Andasium metal.
- Andasium's energy per unit mass is second only to hydrogen gas in terms of chemical fuels, and Andasium's extremely high density (>20 g/cm^3) makes it an extremely compact and therefore useful fuel source.
More math is available at the discussion linked above.
The purpose of this thread is to complain, suggest, or otherwise influence the rewriting of the Andasium page (which I will probably do after I am sure of community approval). Feedback is greatly appreciated.